Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Yeah, the idea that it has to be a man doesn't really fly. As you noted, Echo posed as a man when she was Ronin, and we also had a female Citizen V who posed as a male for several issues. So there is definitely precedent.

Platform boots do seem the most likely explanation. Given Clint's history was Goliath I suppose subtle size changing is not out of the question, but the boots are more likely.
    I don't think I would want to do acrobatics in platform shoes. I really, really don't. They're even worst than heels, because you cannot blend the soles are not flexible, at all. I hate them with passion because of that.

Besides, you would notice those plataforms , there is a very noticeable height difference between Maya and Clint.

Unless you straight ignore that, just like Bendis would.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I don't think I would want to do acrobatics in platform shoes. I really, really don't. They're even worst than heels, because you cannot blend the soles are not flexible, at all. I hate them with passion because of that.

Besides, you would notice those plataforms , there is a very noticeable height difference between Maya and Clint.

Unless you straight ignore that, just like Bendis would.
    In a world of unstable molecules, pym particles, holo imagers, and all the various other tehcnological marvels that exist in the Marvel Universe and have been used to enhance or adapt clothing and costumes for various purposes, I don't think platform shoes that someone could perform acrobatics in would be an unattainable goal.

I’m looking to start reading Matt Fraction’s Hawkeye run soon. Rewatching the Avengers EMH cartoon has reminded me how great of a character he is.
    “Marvel Fan Rave Podcast” on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    In a world of unstable molecules, pym particles, holo imagers, and all the various other tehcnological marvels that exist in the Marvel Universe and have been used to enhance or adapt clothing and costumes for various purposes, I don't think platform shoes that someone could perform acrobatics in would be an unattainable goal.
    Ok, that's a good point XD.
    But still, she's like 6 inches shorter than Clint (according to some wiki) :P
    (But really, nobody cares in the end XD)

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderNerd View Post
    I’m looking to start reading Matt Fraction’s Hawkeye run soon. Rewatching the Avengers EMH cartoon has reminded me how great of a character he is.
    Man, I miss EMH Clint. Always a good pallet cleanser when I'm unhappy with how they're depicting him in the comics or how badly they depicted him in Avengers Assemble.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Man, I miss EMH Clint. Always a good pallet cleanser when I'm unhappy with how they're depicting him in the comics or how badly they depicted him in Avengers Assemble.
    I've never seen Avengers Assemble, but I always hear people say they either hate or love his characterization there. How is he depicted? Is it Fractionlike?

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    I've never seen Avengers Assemble, but I always hear people say they either hate or love his characterization there. How is he depicted? Is it Fractionlike?
    This is my personal opinion, but as far as being Fractionlike...well, maybe not intentionally, but he comes off as kind of incompetent depending on the episode (or season) and he's smarmy without a hint of actual charm.

Half the time he's just whining about something just for the sake of whining.

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    The show itself isn't great but it doesn't really do him dirty.

He is the butt of a lot of jokes but apart from Cap and Nat pretty much everyone is at times, especially Toni and Thor.

Surprisingly the episodes that focus on Clint are usually among the better ones and apart from a few scenes in the first season (like when he gets swallowed under water by some creature) he's usually not "the incompetent one".

I only watched the first 3 or 4 seasons though so I don't know what came after.

As for how Fraction like he is in that show: He reminds me more of his treatment under Bendis during his run on Avengers Assemble and the heroic age.
    Both if which I enjoyed.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

I really do hope this book pulls a Secret Avengers. I remember thinking the same thing when I first started reading that one, but they Kot flipped the script by making it an act on Clint's part, and that book remains one of my favourite comic runs. If that's what Rosenberg is going for her then I'll enjoy it more, though I'm still not liking the way Clint's "friends" are acting towards him.

The Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon is the first thing I think of when I think of Clint. That is my perfect Clint. I also love the Avengers Assemble version as well, personally. Clint is more of a jokester, but he's also very good at what he does. It's good to remember that cartoon is aimed at a much younger audience so the silly jokes are played up more, and pretty much every character ends up on the receiving end at some point.

Did anyone read Captain Marvel: The End? Clint wasn't in the book but there was a little nod to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    The show itself isn't great but it doesn't really do him dirty.

He is the butt of a lot of jokes but apart from Cap and Nat pretty much everyone is at times, especially Toni and Thor.

Surprisingly the episodes that focus on Clint are usually among the better ones and apart from a few scenes in the first season (like when he gets swallowed under water by some creature) he's usually not "the incompetent one".

I only watched the first 3 or 4 seasons though so I don't know what came after.

As for how Fraction like he is in that show: He reminds me more of his treatment under Bendis during his run on Avengers Assemble and the heroic age.
    Both if which I enjoyed.
    He definitely improved a lot in Ultron Revolution and Secret Wars, although I still felt like Troy Baker could've toned down the whine in his voice a little.

But the season that followed those two basically undid all that goodwill.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He definitely improved a lot in Ultron Revolution and Secret Wars, although I still felt like Troy Baker could've toned down the whine in his voice a little.

But the season that followed those two basically undid all that goodwill.
    Was that the Black Panther season? I didn't even watch that one as I'm not interested in a BP solo show, I'm in it for the team shenanigans, so I only watched the episodes featuring either Clint and/or Natasha and yeah, I dunno what was up with Clint in that one. He seemed unnecessarily angry for no good reason. I probably missed some context in the other episodes but I don't have the desire to watch them and find out. Plus the animation got terrible on top of all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    Was that the Black Panther season? I didn't even watch that one as I'm not interested in a BP solo show, I'm in it for the team shenanigans, so I only watched the episodes featuring either Clint and/or Natasha and yeah, I dunno what was up with Clint in that one. He seemed unnecessarily angry for no good reason. I probably missed some context in the other episodes but I don't have the desire to watch them and find out. Plus the animation got terrible on top of all that.
    I mean, Clint-wise, there really isn't anything worth watching in that season.

Even though he's a prominent character, he really doesn't come off that well. Quite possibly my least favorite depiction of Hawkeye in animation ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    I really do hope this book pulls a Secret Avengers. I remember thinking the same thing when I first started reading that one, but they Kot flipped the script by making it an act on Clint's part, and that book remains one of my favourite comic runs. If that's what Rosenberg is going for her then I'll enjoy it more, though I'm still not liking the way Clint's "friends" are acting towards him.

The Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon is the first thing I think of when I think of Clint. That is my perfect Clint. I also love the Avengers Assemble version as well, personally. Clint is more of a jokester, but he's also very good at what he does. It's good to remember that cartoon is aimed at a much younger audience so the silly jokes are played up more, and pretty much every character ends up on the receiving end at some point.

Did anyone read Captain Marvel: The End? Clint wasn't in the book but there was a little nod to him.
    Well good thing I didn't bother with that season then.

And no I didn't read the end but plan on checking it eventually.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Curious to see whether Clint actually sold the building.
    Usually I'd assume yes but Rosenberg was kind of cryptic about it on twitter the other day.

My Twitter