Beast
    Nightcrawler
    Jean Grey
    Storm
    Rogue
    Psylocke

No BFR and No TP.
    Who Wins? ��

Without telepathy, Sinestro probably cleans up.

The only risk is Nightcrawler teleporting his head off or Iceman freezing him.

I can't say if the ring protects him from hostile teleportation, but it should probably protect him from cryokinesis, since the rings are made for the cosmic cold of outer space.

Incredible Member

Trap them in a bubble and transport them 1/2 way to the moon. Release bubble.

Unless Sinestro has some bullet-timing feats I don't know about, it's safe to say Nightcrawler has the fastest reaction time here.

At the start of the match, a bloodlusted Crawler teleports himself into Sinestro, killing them both, and winning the match for the X-Men. Unless....

Unless power rings have auto-defenses against offensive teleportation of this sort.

Anybody know of any relevant feats on this point?
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 01-05-2020 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    Trap them in a bubble and transport them 1/2 way to the moon. Release bubble.
    Wouldn't that be BFR, which is specified as not being allowed?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    Wouldn't that be BFR, which is specified as not being allowed?
    Ok. trap them in a bubble. dig a hole 10 miles deep. put them at the bottom of the hole. fill in hole. Does that work for you?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Trapping in a bubble and holding them for a 10-count would be permissible under the rules, if we're getting picky.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    Ok. trap them in a bubble. dig a hole 10 miles deep. put them at the bottom of the hole. fill in hole. Does that work for you?
    I don't really care, it's not my thread, I was merely pointing out an error you made to help you out. Sarky.

Amazing Member

X-men win

power rings appear greatly over-rated; I know what they are supposed to be & all that, but their users can & do get punked often and shockingly easily. There are too many X-men there; there is basically no chance for a comic book fight to go Sinestro's way vs a big team like that, or at least not past a "round 1". He losses, sooner or later.

"Auto-shields" my arse. That's just plot armor, it works or fails on a whim. Yes, I know power ring users have them, and so does Dr Strange & others. So they do not die when slapped by Hulk or Superman unexpected...but still fall prey to a frying pan to the back of the head JUST as often.
    Last edited by GenghisDon; 01-10-2020 at 11:46 AM.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenghisDon View Post
    X-men win

power rings appear greatly over-rated; I know what they are supposed to be & all that, but their users can & do get punked often and shockingly easily. There are too many X-men there; there is basically no chance for a comic book fight to go Sinestro's way vs a big team like that, or at least not past a "round 1". He losses, sooner or later.

"Auto-shields" my arse. That's just plot armor, it works or fails on a whim. Yes, I know power ring users have them, and so does Dr Strange & others. So they do not die when slapped by Hulk or Superman unexpected...but still fall prey to a frying pan to the back of the head JUST as often.
    And the Flash gets hit by normal humans all the time. A certain amount of ignoring powers is a basic thing to make plots go.