Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Probably Linda Danvers but it's hard to pick when DC has so many great female characters. Special mention must go to Wonder Woman, Lois Lane, Barbara Gordon, Stephanie Brown, Dinah Lance, Zatanna (my fave based purely on overall look), Karen Starr and Selina Kyle as serious standouts.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Renee Montoya/The Question. Greg Rucka's transformation of Renee into the Question in 52 was amazing. It's great to see her return in the Lois Lane series.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon23 View Post
    Renee Montoya/The Question. Greg Rucka's transformation of Renee into the Question in 52 was amazing. It's great to see her return in the Lois Lane series.
    Ooh, good call! Can't believe I forgot her and Kate Kane.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Wonder Woman is #1 but lots of runner-ups. Catwoman, Supergirl, Batgirls(s), Lois Lane, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, Cheetah. I like em all tbh, hard to pick just one after WW.

BANNED

Amethyst.
    The reason is because ever since I was really little, I was captivated by Sailor Moon. Her cartoon was different than I was used to seeing at the time. While using a monster of the week formula, it focused on relationships and character development and actually built them believably instead of just plot, and the mythology was fascinating. For example, the Nephlite arc just blew me away. I was not seeing stuff like that in my cartoons at the time.

The show wasn't perfect, of course. I find the reuse of so much animation and formulaic plots makes it kind of challenging to binge these days, but I will say it had a profound effect on me, and it was pretty groundbreaking, especially for an American who wasn't used to seeing stuff like that at all. I guess there was stuff like She-Ra, but again, that is pretty basic in comparison.

In short, Amethyst is about the closest thing to a magical girl as you're going to get in DC, and it makes her stand out like a sore thumb, but not in a bad way. I don't think DC ever utilizes Amethyst to her potential, because I don't believe the people who tend to work for DC have any idea on how to appropriately handle a character like that to maximize their potential, but I still enjoy the character and love her 80s comics.Ernie Colon's artwork on them is really awesome.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 01-05-2020 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    Wonder Woman is #1 but lots of runner-ups. Catwoman, Supergirl, Batgirls(s), Lois Lane, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, Cheetah. I like em all tbh, hard to pick just one after WW.
    Same here! Tons of runner-ups, but Wondy’s #1!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Lois Lane.

Fearless, dedicated, hardhitting newspaper reporter; devoted wife to the planet’s most famous superhero; loving mother to a son she’s helping become a hero in his own right; takes no **** from ANYONE, and even puts Batman in his place. Lois doesn’t need the handicap of super powers to be THE most awesome woman in the DC universe.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 01-06-2020 at 06:26 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Cassandra Cain, followed closely by Wonder Woman. Oooooh, I just thought: for 5G, what if Cass takes over for WW????? That would blow my mind (such as it is)!!!!
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

I will always have a soft spot for Black Orchid, but only in her original incarnation from Adventure Comis and Phantom StrNger. To me, an appearance she has sines then was a different character! I always loved the mystery surrounding her!
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

My favorite female DC character Jessica Cruz. Good origin story and a prime example of a character who's a fundamentally decent person but still interesting. The anxiety disorder element also added some really good representation and storytelling. Finally, she has quite a few facets and works well for comedy and drama.

maxresdefault-25 (1).jpg
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Kate Spencer - Manhunter - Marc Andreyko created such a wonderful character. I REALLY miss my monthly fix of Manhunter goodness.
    Lady Shiva - Always love it when this character makes an appearance. Anyone who gives Batman pause is a serious badass.
    Renee Montoya - Loved her as the foil for Harvey Bullock in the GCPD. Wasn't a big fan of her as the Question though.
    Mera - From a character I couldn't give two shits about, to a favourite. The Aquaman book suffers when she's not there.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Incredible Member

Soranik Natu. This is the truly worthy female Green Lantern we need, chosen by the ring for her quality. She's a female leader, a reliable, brave, and strong Green Lantern, and a tough girl. She doesn't use acting cute to attract men. Her complicated origin also give her enough dramatic conflicts to write good stories, like fighting patriarchy.
    Well, before Venditti ruined her.

And Talia Al Ghul. I just love dangerous beauty.

Selina Kyle
    Lois Lane
    Stephanie Brown
    Flora Black
    Death of the Endless

Selina's a unique character in the DCU. No one dances the line between ally and antagonist better.
    Lois is a classic and shows us superheroes aren't the only ones who matter.
    Stephanie is the best Batgirl.
    Flora Black because Black Orchid is still one of the best Vertigo comic.
    Death because she's the best character from DC's best comic.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Extraordinary Member

DC seems to just have so many great female characters; they've certainly done a good job with that.

Just want to give a quick shout out to DC’s best female combo… Fire and Ice!

Under Giffen & Dematteis Fire was the strong, fiery, serious, no nonsense, capable, member of the JLI that mostly kept the goofballs (Booster, Beetle and especially Guy Gardner because of his interest in Ice) in check. Whereas, Ice was the sweet, innocent, naïve member of the JLI who didn’t understand much of the regular world that needed Fire to protect her from those who would prey on her innocence (like Guy Gardner)

Fire & Ice were/are the perfect point/counterpoint female duo of the DCU.