Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

While Luke wonders if he can really be a Jedi if his father is a terrible Sithlord and what his identity is if he's not a Jedi in the main Star Wars book, Vader goes another way instead in his solo title seeking revenge on those who hid his son from him and raised him to be weak and the contrast between the two makes for a very satisfying read.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    While Luke wonders if he can really be a Jedi if his father is a terrible Sithlord and what his identity is if he's not a Jedi in the main Star Wars book, Vader goes another way instead in his solo title seeking revenge on those who hid his son from him and raised him to be weak and the contrast between the two makes for a very satisfying read.
    Yeah, Vader's not going to have much luck there. Those that did "raise him to be weak" are all dead (or nearly so) by that point in time.

I now want to read these very badly.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yeah, Vader's not going to have much luck there. Those that did "raise him to be weak" are all dead (or nearly so) by that point in time.
    He found someone pretty surprising at the end, so I'm looking forward to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I now want to read these very badly.
    They've both been really solid, and the Star Wars ongoing also really nails Lando.

Ultimate Member

They've both been really solid, and the Star Wars ongoing also really nails Lando.
    I'm really enjoying the focus on Lando. Pak got his voice and character down perfectly.

I'm a bit surprised Lucasfilm allowed this story to be told at all, it's getting dangerously close to writing a new cannon.

And that ending....damn!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

spoilers:
    I doubt it's the real Padme. She had a legion of body doubles from what I remember from the Phantom Menace. Whoever it is must be one of them.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    spoilers:
    I doubt it's the real Padme. She had a legion of body doubles from what I remember from the Phantom Menace. Whoever it is must be one of them.
    end of spoilers
    Oh yeah, I'm under no illusion that it's the real one but even so it was an interesting twist and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I'm really enjoying the focus on Lando. Pak got his voice and character down perfectly.

I'm a bit surprised Lucasfilm allowed this story to be told at all, it's getting dangerously close to writing a new cannon.

And that ending....damn!
    How so? While I enjoy that it's new ground but I haven't seen anything that would make me think it was straying too far from what we've seen before.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 02-07-2020 at 06:54 AM.

Chewie and Lando in the Falcon were cracking me up!! He really does have the voice down.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Chewie and Lando in the Falcon were cracking me up!! He really does have the voice down.
    Yeah, I'd love a mini of him and chewie but I'll take him being well written here.

How so? While I enjoy that it's new ground but I haven't seen anything that would make me think it was straying too far from what we've seen before.
    I'd agree I see it more as filling in holes than creating a new cannon.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Could also be Palpatine testing him again, or kind of 'trolling' him. We saw him do such a thing in the last series with the Queen's starship.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

So reading #3...

Anybody got the feeling that Zahra seems a bit like she could be a Disney-canon version of Admiral Daala from the old EU. Although the person she lost hasn't been identified as Tarkin. Also, like Daala, uses a damaged Star Destroyer (This also makes it canon that there were at least some Star Destroyers present at the Battle of Yavin offscreen)

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    So reading #3...

Anybody got the feeling that Zahra seems a bit like she could be a Disney-canon version of Admiral Daala from the old EU. Although the person she lost hasn't been identified as Tarkin. Also, like Daala, uses a damaged Star Destroyer (This also makes it canon that there were at least some Star Destroyers present at the Battle of Yavin offscreen)
    The ship's called Tarkin's revenge so I'm guessing that's who she lost

Apparently most of the ship is crewed by those who lost someone on the Death Star. I suppose it could also be Motti or Yularen as well. (Tagge wasn't on the ship and appeared in Marvel's Vader series instead).