Default Superboy-Prime Appreciation 2020

And What a Way to Start this Thread

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/01...ck-dc-rebirth/
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Incredible Member

Finally he’s back! Hope he sticks around and shows up in more books.

Extraordinary Member

Well, this seems to be the place to get my SMP questions answered. So, IIRC, he first appeared in COIE, but wasn't a central figure in that he didn't sort the AM out. And he was a hero at that time. Correct? He also didn't seem to have anything like the sort of power needed to sort the AM out, who was in fact beaten by Kal-L with an assist by Darkseid?

Then, AFAIK, his next appearance was when Johns brought him back for, what was it, IC? Now this is my key question, he seemed FAR more powerful in this than he did in COIE...pretty much without explanation AFAIK. So my question is was he in fact that much more powerful in IC than in COIE, or am I mistaken? And if I am not, why then did HE not sort out the AM in COIE, as he seemed able to in the latter? And assuming all that, was there an explanation for the power gap?

I've got the feeling I'm wrong about that due to the mists of not having read either of them in years, but still, I'd like to know. I am a bit of a Power Girl fan, and I've thought for a while that SMP could be a great PG bad guy; Johns IIRC already set up that in IC and after, (SCW, where PG seemed really ready to do him serious harm for obvious reasons). But...he might also be a bit out of her or really anyone else's league so to speak.