Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Shazam #13 Confirms the Return of *Redacted*

Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Oh, no. Oh no.

This should be fun .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This should be fun .
    I look forward to reading it in the year 2023 when it will finally be released
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Would this be the first appearance of Superboy prime post-New 52/Rebirth?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Pretty much. I think he might've been in that "Dark Universe" Infinite Crisis one-shot.

Yes. Which frankly is a mistake, considering how the pre-Flashpoint Teen Titans ended. They left S-Prime stuck in the Source Wall. So when it was destroyed in the current Justice League series, by which time the pre-Flashpoint Justice League and Teen Titans histories had been mostly restored, shouldn't he have been freed?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yes. Which frankly is a mistake, considering how the pre-Flashpoint Teen Titans ended. They left S-Prime stuck in the Source Wall. So when it was destroyed in the current Justice League series, by which time the pre-Flashpoint Justice League and Teen Titans histories had been mostly restored, shouldn't he have been freed?
    Well wait wouldn’t he be attacking the Justice League, the green lanterns, or...I guess they’d be Young Justice currently not teen titans instead of Shazam and his family? I mean has Shazam even fought Superboy Prime before?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Let it go, Geoff. Let it go.

Well wait wouldn’t he be attacking the Justice League, the green lanterns, or...I guess they’d be Young Justice currently not teen titans instead of Shazam and his family? I mean has Shazam even fought Superboy Prime before?
    You're quite right, I expected it to happen in Justice League, and yeah, failing that, Young Justice, since that team has the core members of the 2003-11 Titans team (the so-called YJ4 that came over from the original Young Justice). It's definitely odd that he's coming back in Shazam.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You're quite right, I expected it to happen in Justice League, and yeah, failing that, Young Justice, since that team has the core members of the 2003-11 Titans team (the so-called YJ4 that came over from the original Young Justice). It's definitely odd that he's coming back in Shazam.
    He is tied to JL- Snyder mentioned BIG plans for Prime coming up, but its not a Surprise about Shazam given Johns loves Prime.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

BANNED

I've mostly enjoyed Shazam, but some of the recent issues have had art I can not stand...

BANNED

Ahhahahah yes.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Oh God no. My least favourite DC character by a mile.

In the past Johns sometimes seemed to use SBP as an avatar to directly address certain elements of real world fandom. It's been a few years so perhaps Johns has something to get off his chest.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!