Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I don't think anyone has the right to bring him back into the comics. It's just mean at this point. It's been established that anything that happens to him is DC writers wreaking havoc with his life, meaning he's less the villain than Geoff Johns is in this situation, haha!

I think it might have been funny to see Infinite Crisis Superboy Prime go up against New 52 Superman, all throwing a fanboy hissy fit that Superman is "wrong" or something. After a while I think he just threw himself into being a monster though, which is less interesting to me. He still might have shade to throw at New 52 Superman for not wearing briefs or some dumb crap, but I doubt it'd be as much as before.

I don't know. I never liked Superboy Prime as much as I did in the first Crisis, when he met the Earth 1 Superman and was just in awe of how cool and impressive he was. When they made him a villain and started treating him as a meta way to comment on fanboyism, I just felt, I don't know, very annoyed with that direction.
    This. It was a fun concept back in 1985 when he was first proposed but they ruined it. The irony is, he was meant to be a metaphor for angry fans and instead became the perfect metaphor for how the companies ruin the characters. And how a lot of those same fans kind of have a point a lot of the time.
    Assassinate Putin!

Gross. ________________________________

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Default Superboy Prime appeared in this week Shazam issue

Like topic said, SBP has appeared in today's shazam issue
    spoilers:
    Superboy has been imprisoned by the council of wizards, But he still seems has the ability to break fourth wall and said he is going to kick Billy's ass
    https://postimg.cc/nM4nS0dK
    https://postimg.cc/rRNcdwdZ
    end of spoilers
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

(I read anyways so I don't mind the title) Isn't the thread title, I dont' a right-in-your-face spoiler? Couldn't have been more indiscreet? lmao.

How did he get locked up in the first place?
    What's his deal with Mr. Mind?
    I wonder why he's so pissed off at Billy.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    How did he get locked up in the first place?
    What's his deal with Mr. Mind?
    I wonder why he's so pissed off at Billy.
    Didn't mention in this issue, But I think he got locked by the council of wizard when the source wall exploded
    From my understanding(The last few panels, he is talking to "us")He was so pissed off because readers still reading DC comics after all the shitty things they have done in these years, So he is kinda like "Hey, If you readers so excited about Billy, Then wait and see how I kick billy's ass".
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

So: Who read Shazam #11? He appears again spoilers:
    He's Free
    end of spoilers
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

I read Shazam #11.

I found the appearance of The Monster Society of Evil far more interesting than the appearance of Superboy Prime. Honestly, his appearance, at least to me, makes me cringe. There is so much fun possibility in the interaction between the Shazamily and the new Monster Society of Evil. Devoting time to the whiny Superboy Prime is not something I expect to enjoy. He really feels like an intrusion to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatut Zeraze View Post
    I read Shazam #11.

I found the appearance of The Monster Society of Evil far more interesting than the appearance of Superboy Prime. Honestly, his appearance, at least to me, makes me cringe. There is so much fun possibility in the interaction between the Shazamily and the new Monster Society of Evil. Devoting time to the whiny Superboy Prime is not something I expect to enjoy. He really feels like an intrusion to me.
    The Monster Society of Evil's storyline ends next issue, after that its Superboy-Prime as the focus
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike

1) When does this issue come out?

2) I thought this was only a twelve issue series.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post

Shazam? Nah there have been delays since Johns is busy with TV and film these days, but Shazam is still an ongoing. How long it will last is up in the air though.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post

Prime came back last issue (#10 last month), He's appeared in this month's issue- #11, Is Specifically Mentioned in the 'To Be Continued' Section setting up an appearance Next issue (#12) in April and then is the Villain of the next arc starting with #13 in May
    Pull List: