Page 41 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Speaking of Marvel Unlimited...

They indeed upload it and on their "What's New" section issue 6 is marked as "Series Finale". So I guess indeed there won't be anymore issues published :/

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Speaking of Marvel Unlimited...

They indeed upload it and on their "What's New" section issue 6 is marked as "Series Finale". So I guess indeed there won't be anymore issues published :/
    Dang. I wonder if they'll ever resolve that cliffhanger or what Williams had planned ?

Iron Spider MJ (the Spider-Suit that I feel compliments her the best) by Luciano Vecchio

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Iron Spider MJ (the Spider-Suit that I feel compliments her the best) by Luciano Vecchio

I feel like the Spinneret design being more akin to this might have worked better than what we ended up with. Like her Mangaverse design.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Pretty much the best part of an otherwise-disappointing canonical follow-up to the original Renew Your Vows miniseries. That said, real shame Amazing Mary Jane was canceled, after all.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Question

I fav'ed this pic as soon as I saw it on Devianart a couple of days ago. I've always liked the concept of Iron Spider-MJ. One must admit being the Iron Spider seems to fit, she looks great.

Iron Spider-MJ brings up an interesting thought. I know there are people on here who do not want MJ to gain superpowers, but I must ask:

How would you feel about MJ using the Iron Spider suit on occasion moving forward? That is the compromise solution I came up with in my Marvel/DC crossover "Convergence Point" -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1319924...vergence-Point
    Last edited by Celgress; 09-27-2020 at 05:03 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

That costume looks good on her. Well, MJ makes everything she wears look better. But still.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I fav'ed this pic as soon as I saw it on Devianart a couple of days ago. I've always liked the concept of Iron Spider-MJ. One must admit being the Iron Spider seems to fit, she looks great.

Iron Spider-MJ brings up an interesting thought. I know there are people on here who do not want MJ to gain superpowers, but I must ask:

How would you feel about MJ using the Iron Spider suit on occasion moving forward? That is the compromise solution I came up with in my Marvel/DC crossover "Convergence Point" -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13199243/1/Convergence-Point
    Why does MJ need a costume or super powers? I agree it worked in Spider Island, RYV and Red Sonja, but once again this would be doing it because “Everyone is doing it” like Jane Foster. Not to improve the character and ( or) the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Why does MJ need a costume or super powers? I agree it worked in Spider Island, RYV and Red Sonja, but once again this would be doing it because “Everyone is doing it” like Jane Foster. Not to improve the character and ( or) the comic.
    Yeah, I appreciate that her solo is featuring her as a civilian getting by in a world of Supervillains instead of yet another Superhero.

Astonishing Member

Not to mention it would imply something is wrong with her earlier character. That's always insulting.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1319924...vergence-Point
    I’m for it. As long as it’s on occasion.

No one using the suit is a waste. But the suit is a nice compromise like you mentioned, for those not wanting her to have powers and those that do.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Not to mention it would imply something is wrong with her earlier character. That's always insulting.
    I agree 100% with you. MJ plays very specific roles in Amazing Spider-Man, and one of them is keeping Peter grounded. That is why Jarvis called her “Irreplaceable” during Spencer’s run. Her job is not to be fighting Green Goblin any more then it is Peter’s to take on Galactus all by himself. It is to be there for him when necessary. Peter is the kind of person who sometimes needs a hug, and sometimes a kick in the ass depending on the situation. That she is very good at.

Astonishing Member

As far as I see, this is not about simply gaining super powers, but increasing her chances to survive the crossfire of being a superhero's girlfriend. I mean, we already had MJ dying once only to discover it was a set-up. Well, maybe if MJ would have Spider-Sense, she could have avoided get into the plane in the first place. And next time Norman tries the Gwen Stacy's bridge again with MJ, she could punch him in the face and break it. It's not about becoming a superhero, but simply to find a way to survive in the crazy world of Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    As far as I see, this is not about simply gaining super powers, but increasing her chances to survive the crossfire of being a superhero's girlfriend. I mean, we already had MJ dying once only to discover it was a set-up. Well, maybe if MJ would have Spider-Sense, she could have avoided get into the plane in the first place. And next time Norman tries the Gwen Stacy's bridge again with MJ, she could punch him in the face and break it. It's not about becoming a superhero, but simply to find a way to survive in the crazy world of Marvel.
    I mean she shoot Norman in Marvel Knigths and was able to save herself from normal goons in ocassions, i say that is more impressive when she does that stuff without superpowers.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I agree 100% with you. MJ plays very specific roles in Amazing Spider-Man, and one of them is keeping Peter grounded. That is why Jarvis called her “Irreplaceable” during Spencer’s run. Her job is not to be fighting Green Goblin any more then it is Peter’s to take on Galactus all by himself. It is to be there for him when necessary. Peter is the kind of person who sometimes needs a hug, and sometimes a kick in the ass depending on the situation. That she is very good at.