Page 19 of 79 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5NWLPPpfMw

interview Of Leah Williams on Amazing MJ, so apparently it was suppose to be 5 issues but extended to 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post

interview Of Leah Williams on Amazing MJ, so apparently it was suppose to be 5 issues but extended to 10.
    We know that much...does she mention anything about future arcs?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    For now, I'm personally more worried about comics continuing that any new arcs. It really worries me how the Covid-19 is expanding so quickly through the USA.

Mighty Member

Thank you for posting that. She seems to really love the character. Still I cringed a bit when she said that MJ was so out of Peter's league when asked about the Pete/MJ ship. She writes their dynamic well though.

Just that the next arc would have a western theme. It seems that it will definitely be ending at issue 10 though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    Thank you for posting that. She seems to really love the character. Still I cringed a bit when she said that MJ was so out of Peter's league when asked about the Pete/MJ ship. She writes their dynamic well though.

Just that the next arc would have a western theme. It seems that it will definitely be ending at issue 10 though.
    to be fair, it seems every woman is out of Peter's League I mean look at Gwen and Felicia.

to be fair, it seems every woman is out of Peter's League I mean look at Gwen and Felicia.
    The early college issues - even while Ditko was still on the book - established that Peter was popular with women on campus. (I always read it as the whole idea that your environment to some extent dictates how popular/cool you are.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    The early college issues - even while Ditko was still on the book - established that Peter was popular with women on campus. (I always read it as the whole idea that your environment to some extent dictates how popular/cool you are.)
    not to mention that Peter no slouch either in terms of body type as he usually drawn with abs and some muscle tone(no im not mentioning 90s overexageration that some artist did)

On paper Peter probably looks out of his league, but he's also supposed to be fairly attractive and charming post-high school.
    That makes sense with what we've seen of covers, although I wonder if this arc will carry into the end of the book.

Mighty Member

Actually if anything it may be that Peter is the one to good for the ladies, perhaps it's them that are out of his league. Yeah their all beautiful but beauty eventually fades and then what? Any lady that gets with Peter should count themselves lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Actually if anything it may be that Peter is the one to good for the ladies, perhaps it's them that are out of his league. Yeah their all beautiful but beauty eventually fades and then what? Any lady that gets with Peter should count themselves lucky.
    Was this really necessary?

Mighty Member

Just rubs me the wrong way because it has often been used as a justification to split them up. Like all of Peter's girlfriends are physically super attractive, but MJ is held to different standard.

And besides, I dont really consider Peter to be below MJ's league. He's handsome, witty, has a killer body, is highly intelligent, can bench press a car, and risks his life to save others. From MJ's perspective, that's all pretty damn attractive. It just seems like a dated stereotype about models/actresses and science geeks.

That makes sense with what we've seen of covers, although I wonder if this arc will carry into the end of the book.
    I'm just wondering how all of this is supposed to tie back into Kindred's arc. Isn't Mysterio operating under Kindred? It's weird that this was supposed to end at issue 5, but we're not seeing the connection yet.

I'm just wondering how all of this is supposed to tie back into Kindred's arc. Isn't Mysterio operating under Kindred? It's weird that this was supposed to end at issue 5, but we're not seeing the connection yet.
    Yeah, I'm kind of wondering if Spencer is the one who has to handle the endgame and that was never Williams' story to tell. Will we not see her cover the movie premier or what may happen as a consequence? Will MJ ever tell Peter about Mysterio?

Dunno, I have gathered that an aspect of their dynamic is that they're out of each other leagues from different perspectives.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=Rzerox21xx;4931399]to be fair, it seems every woman is out of Peter's League I mean look at Gwen and Felicia.[/QUOT
    Peter or Spider-Man ( depending on the woman of course ( for example Gwen loved Peter but hated Spider-Man and Felicia is the opposite), is very appealing to the ladies. Why? I do not know ( I do not have a woman’s mindset ( Looking at Salma Hayak: That is appealing to me and that I understand). As a matter of fact, the only fictional character who has been luckier that I am aware of is James Bond. There is even a ranker of “Parker Women.” Now I do not necessarily agree with the list ( Why? He did not sleep with all the ladies on the list ( Jean DeWolffe is on that list ( Liz Allen as well)), but the fact that there are double digit ladies means he is not exactly inexperienced (although not quite Bond). As far as MJ is concerned, she is not out of his league. Why? Because obviously he knows how to treat a woman, but also the history of the character. She grew up on “The wrong side of the tracks” in Western Pennsylvania ( very different then say Gwen), and I think that upbringing plays a role in being the only woman who can handle both the “Spider and the man.”
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 04-14-2020 at 06:39 AM.