Page 14 of 79 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

next week is the MJ issue, cant wait and she will be back in NYC. tomorrow hopefully we get a preview

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdman3000 View Post
    I’ll admit, I think at think point, I just mentally call her MCU Mary Jane, so I don’t mind. Most casual MCU fans I’ve met think her characters full name is actually Mary Jane, not Michelle anyways.
    Yeah. I've spoken to a few people who were actually shocked when I told them that her real name was Michelle. I guess, apart from diehard fans, people really don't pay that much attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    next week is the MJ issue, cant wait and she will be back in NYC. tomorrow hopefully we get a preview
    I'm looking forward to it too. It's going to be Carlos Gomez's last issue, right? I'm curious to know who his replacement will be.

For anybody who checks out Marvel's Spider-Man: The Black Cat Strikes #3, it's primarily focused on Peter and MJ's relationship, and it's pretty well done.

spoilers:
    You get to see the "dumpling incident" referenced in the game. Their breakup however is portrayed very differently. Here it's over the stress of dealing with Peter's abrupt departures/dealing with his supposed death, while in the "Hostile Takeover" prequel novel and the game, it's because of his overprotectiveness regarding her journalistic work. Also in here it's revealed she doesn't start working at the Bugle until after they breakup, when she almost texts him for help (while she was already working there in HT).

There is a nice moment where you see her doing the "jealous ex" thing when she learns about Peter and Felicia, but quickly goes "No, I was the one who broke up with him", and does the smart thing and move on. And even now, she's not upset about the possible Felicia baby, but just that Peter felt unsure about telling her. It's all handled really well, it's all these little additions and extra depth where these "Gamerverse" stories really shine.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdman3000 View Post
    I’ll admit, I think at think point, I just mentally call her MCU Mary Jane, so I don’t mind. Most casual MCU fans I’ve met think her characters full name is actually Mary Jane, not Michelle anyways.
    Well, they just call her by her initials now, so fans are free to think what they want .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    For anybody who checks out Marvel's Spider-Man: The Black Cat Strikes #3, it's primarily focused on Peter and MJ's relationship, and it's pretty well done.

spoilers:
    You get to see the "dumpling incident" referenced in the game. Their breakup however is portrayed very differently. Here it's over the stress of dealing with Peter's abrupt departures/dealing with his supposed death, while in the "Hostile Takeover" prequel novel and the game, it's because of his overprotectiveness regarding her journalistic work. Also in here it's revealed she doesn't start working at the Bugle until after they breakup, when she almost texts him for help (while she was already working there in HT).

There is a nice moment where you see her doing the "jealous ex" thing when she learns about Peter and Felicia, but quickly goes "No, I was the one who broke up with him", and does the smart thing and move on. And even now, she's not upset about the possible Felicia baby, but just that Peter felt unsure about telling her. It's all handled really well, it's all these little additions and extra depth where these "Gamerverse" stories really shine.
    end of spoilers
    I read this. Thought it was well done in parts but the idea of MJ breaking up with Peter because of stress and not because of him being overprotective didn't sit right with me at all. It felt like Hopeless was having a version of 616 MJ overwrite the character he was assigned to write. The editor slept at the steering wheel on this one, since this is the kind of thing that is their job to spot, see, and referee.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I read this. Thought it was well done in parts but the idea of MJ breaking up with Peter because of stress and not because of him being overprotective didn't sit right with me at all. It felt like Hopeless was having a version of 616 MJ overwrite the character he was assigned to write. The editor slept at the steering wheel on this one, since this is the kind of thing that is their job to spot, see, and referee.
    I guess if we go by the PS4 game it definitely seemed like his over protectiveness was more the cause of the breakup then anything else...I think the most we see of MJ's issue with him being Spider-Man is the exasperation she had playing "nurse MJ" all the time.

Of course, maybe she grew out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess if we go by the PS4 game it definitely seemed like his over protectiveness was more the cause of the breakup then anything else...I think the most we see of MJ's issue with him being Spider-Man is the exasperation she had playing "nurse MJ" all the time.

Of course, maybe she grew out of it.
    I do agree that I think the overprotectiveness reason from the game is much better than just simply the stress, since it puts them on an even level playing field. They're both gonna always be in danger so they just have to deal with it and trust each other, rather than it just being a one-sided worry.

I guess due to the very limited comic time they had to tell the story, they needed a way to quickly condense their relationship and breakup so this was an easy way to get that point across.

I still really liked the mature moment of owning up to her decision, because you see in so many stories these characters getting jealous when someone starts dating someone else, even though they were the ones that initially broke it off, so having her quickly come to this realization herself was a nice touch regarding their relationship. MJ in here did take the possible Felicia baby news much better than she did in the game, if that's anything.

Felicia Day is voicing Mary Jane in the third season of Marvel’s Spider-Man, Maximum Venom.

Felicia Day is voicing Mary Jane in the third season of Marvel’s Spider-Man, Maximum Venom.
    She's finally gonna be in the show? Where was this announced?

Mj was in Symbiote Spider-man Alien Reality issue 4 her statement makes sense in a way
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    honestly this feels worst than the original cause if she is so concern about Peter heroing what does that say about her taking risk in her reporter role?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    https://www.cnet.com/news/marvels-sp...y-jane-watson/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Though Maximum Venom already had me sold through Patrick Brown's promotional designs for the Venomized characters, I'm even more excited now. Donny Cates as showrunner for this season is definitely an improvement.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Though Maximum Venom already had me sold through Patrick Brown's promotional designs for the Venomized characters, I'm even more excited now. Donny Cates as showrunner for this season is definitely an improvement.
    Seems they are going Post-Slott in the media department

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Seems they are going Post-Slott in the media department
    Which is welcome, in my view. Hoping for the best in Felicia Day voicing Mary Jane Watson.
    The spider is always on the hunt.