Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
I see it as an Easter egg. In any case, I guess I see the whole "MJ should've been in the MCU version" like how I see the "Gwen Stacy should've been a major love interest instead of a minor diversion" in the Raimi movies; neither series is telling the story of MJ/Gwen and Peter's relationship. There have been many different tellings in the past, there will be more in the future. While I may prefer the Raimi movies a bit more due to Mary Jane being a lead character in them, I guess I think it's fine if the MCU does their own thing in the here and now.
I think making it her de-facto name in the movies makes it more then an Easter Egg.
The cartoon? I think that's kind of a updated, improved version of the early 616 ASM comics, at least how I see it. Since I preferred the Ultimate iteration to 616, that's why I was hoping that they'd skewer more to that then not.
It's more of an update on the entire Spider-Man mythos. I mean, they even use elements from Ultimate (although I don't think we needed mutant lion man Kraven).
Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
Until the final season, where she reemerged as the final host of the Carnage symbiote, which she ultimately retained to become the Ultimate Spider-Woman, joining Peter and the rest of the Web Warriors in crimefighting. That said, she was definitely marginalized after the first season, to the point that the only time she appeared in Season 3 was an A/U version, from the reality of Spider-Man Noir, and that one got killed offscreen in Season 4's Spider-Verse arc, which was a damned shame.
The real shame is that they needed to give her powers to actually make her relevant on that show. And she still barely got to do anything since the show was practically over by then.