Page 69 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1959656667686970717273 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1181

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    That's probably because Peter isn't a reporter but a photograph and has a different dynamic with his boss than Clark has with Perry.
    Which makes him more like Jimmy Olsen than Clark Kent. Perry White didn't react well to what just happened...
    spoilers:
    Jimmy has bought the Planet, and Perry isn't pleased about having Jimmy as his boss instead of his employee!
    end of spoilers

I can't imagine Jonah reacting any differently spoilers:
    if Peter bought the Bugle.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Digifiend; 11-25-2020 at 03:00 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Lana Lang was originally her "Michelle Jones" situation. The reason why Lana exists is because Superboy was taking off but they realized that they can't introduce Lois before Clark gets to Metropolis and Superboy means that Clark has to be in Smallville, so they came up with Lana Lang -- same initials as a "Lois but Smallvile" similar to Michelle have the same initials as MJ.
    So what you're saying is Michelle is a completely separate character from Mary Jane Watson, they just share initials .
    She was replaced as love interest by Annette O'Toole's Lana in Superman III (hence the gag about her playing Martha Kent in Smallville). And then Superman Returns had her as a cold, tsundere babymama to deadbeat Superman which didn't help her popularity nor make that movie popular for that matter. So yeah, she's been consistently shown as out of reach to Superman. Snyder's Superman and Lois is surprisingly an exception (and for all the flaws I like that sex scene in Batman V. Superman in the tub) but again those movies didn't take, and they are the first Superman movies that aren't primarily romances.
    I feel like in the grand scheme of things those two films didn't put that much of a dent in Lois, especially with how people tend to focus on the more positive portrayals of Lois.
    The thing about Mary Jane is that she's a person first rather than a job. She's not tied to one thing. She's been a model (originally entry-level), actress (Broadway to TV to film), nightclub owner, businesswoman, a psychology student in college, and a reporter.

Whereas Lois Lane is always attached to the hip with the Daily Planet. You can't imagine her as being anything other than a reporter. That to me is a weakness not a strength.
    The thing is her character also influences the career she takes, and some are more fitting than others.

Like I could never imagine Lois Lane as anything other than a reporter, but that's because that's who the character is. Just like I can't really see a normal MJ as a reporter because that's just now who she is.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    @Revolutionary Jack If Injustice and the Snyder movies* were the only takes on Lois you'd have a point. But she has been in several movies and t.v. shows, most of which have been well received by most audiences regardless of how you personally feel about them. MJ's depictions in modern media were divisive at best up until Spectacular Spider-Man and PS4 Spider-Man.

It's fine if you like MJ more than Lois but it's absurd to pretend her stock is higher.

And I have no issue with MJ being a reporter either just in case you want to accuse me of being a Lois shill who hates others who horn in on her territory.

* Your take on Lois and Clark's relationship in the Snyder movies is also inaccurate.
    Yeah, not to hate on Mary Jane...but in more recent media adaptations MJ is an AFTERTHOUGHT. If anything, attaching her to the Bugle when Peter isn't there just shows how important the Bugle is to Peter's life in the fact they need to find a way to keep Peter's first high school job around by any means possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Yeah, not to hate on Mary Jane...but in more recent media adaptations MJ is an AFTERTHOUGHT. If anything, attaching her to the Bugle when Peter isn't there just shows how important the Bugle is to Peter's life in the fact they need to find a way to keep Peter's first high school job around by any means possible.
    I wouldn't say MJ is an afterthought in the Insomniac game for PS4/PS5. But that's more of an exception these days than the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I wouldn't say MJ is an afterthought in the Insomniac game for PS4/PS5. But that's more of an exception these days than the rule.
    The recent cartoons had to make up for treating her like and afterthought by shoving in as much of her as they could within the last few episodes...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The recent cartoons had to make up for treating her like and afterthought by shoving in as much of her as they could within the last few episodes...
    I think that's more that she became more prominent in the comics again after a decade or so of being treated like an albatross.

I think that's more that she became more prominent in the comics again after a decade or so of being treated like an albatross.
    I think that's definitely true to some extent. It seems like there was a positive paradigm shift regarding her character as of late.

Nevertheless I don't like the reporter pushing.seems so out of character to me

Astonishing Member

It's more that civilians as a whole have been focused on less.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    It's more that civilians as a whole have been focused on less.
    That's been the case for a long time, to their detriment.

Michelle Jones is suppose to be Mary Jane right? even though she acts nothing like her.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Michelle Jones is suppose to be Mary Jane right? even though she acts nothing like her.
    I don't know where people got the name "Jones" from. The movies have never used that name. After she says her nickname is MJ at the end of Homecoming, she is also never referred to as Michelle again in-universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    no just a reference dont understand why people were so hung up on that
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    no just a reference dont understand why people were so hung up on that
    She's either a total reimagining of the character or an MCU OC (do not steal) that does not stand out on their own and has to co-opt a canon character.

That people can't seem to agree which she is is kind of the problem and has come to totally define this character.

I don't know where people got the name "Jones" from. The movies have never used that name. After she says her nickname is MJ at the end of Homecoming, she is also never referred to as Michelle again in-universe.
    We see her passport in Far From Home. For some reason, she's only referred to as Michelle J. Her surname and birth year are both missing for some reason, even though they'd be on a passport in real life.
    https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fand...esPassport.PNG
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman