Page 48 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Renew Your Vows says hello.
    Annie wasn't a kid for very long (which was annoying...).

I wish Marvel would have pulled a Superman Rebirth with this.

not cannon so its easily dismiss
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    that would be ideal considering slott bring back the Regent villian
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    not cannon so its easily dismiss

that would be ideal considering slott bring back the Regent villian
    He did? When??

He did? When??
    during parker industries when Peter and Tony team up they use him as a villian again. Mj wore the Iron Spider suit again.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Amazi...r-Man_Vol_4_12

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Yeah, I too wanted to see her grow up (into a teen) over many issues spanning even years. Oh well, it was not to be...
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Lightbulb

You know, this could work. Marvel could have the Prime Spider-Man and RYV Spider-Man active in the same universe, unlike DC who had Rebirth Superman "absorb" (for lack of a better term) New-52 Superman so there was only one Superman.

they are so lame I actually like it when my heroes in manga series get a chance to grow up.
    Reminds me that Toriyama had to fight for it for Goku to grow up, 'cause editors wanted him to stay eternally as a kid.

Which makes Super even more ironic because Toriyama himself doesn't let the cast grow post Boo, although at least it introduces stuff for world building.

during parker industries when Peter and Tony team up they use him as a villian again. Mj wore the Iron Spider suit again.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Amazi...r-Man_Vol_4_12
    It's honestly very weird that Regent said something about wanting Spider-sense even though in 616 he had no particular reason to care for it (He wanted it in RYV to be able to deal with Doom, no such thing here):

(ASM#13, vol 4)

And then when Peter and MJ fought him, they all felt like it was familiar, basically the characters were somehow feeling nostalgia from RYV:

(ASM#15)

It was so weird lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    You know, this could work. Marvel could have the Prime Spider-Man and RYV Spider-Man active in the same universe, unlike DC who had Rebirth Superman "absorb" (for lack of a better term) New-52 Superman so there was only one Superman.
    Honestly, that would only really work if Peter wasn't dating MJ currently, 'cause part of the appeal of RYV is to have a Peter who's not dating MJ, and another who is and with kids, and having two Peters both dating a MJ would make this work less, specially with both living in the same universe, so RYV characters being in 616 would feel more redundant and to compensate, the story would have to be more about Annie, which would miss part of the point of it 'cause, unlike Spider-Girl, RYV is about the family getting focus, so yeah...
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 10-13-2020 at 09:18 PM.

New 52 Superman and Lois Lane were already dead, so there was already only one of each before Superman Reborn.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    The most annoying thing was that pretty much nothing else changed.

Annie and Normie were aged up into teenagers but everything else stayed basically the same.

If you're going to do a timeskip at least try to have some fun with it.

I want to say again, damn MJ looks good as Iron Spider. IMO, she's a perfect fit for that persona (and being a "part-time" superhero), very heroic.
    Last edited by Celgress; 10-14-2020 at 03:20 PM.

I want to say again, damn MJ looks go as Iron Spider. IMO, she's a perfect fit in that persona, very heroic.
    I wonder where Mj is ranked in the universe in terms of attractiveness and how big of a celebrity she really is? And who would be her real life counterpart as a celebrity? Cause when I see that Peter is supposed to be relatable this is like the one area where I dont see it

I wonder where Mj is ranked in the universe in terms of attractiveness and how big of a celebrity she really is? And who would be her real life counterpart as a celebrity? Cause when I see that Peter is supposed to be relatable this is like the one area where I dont see it
    I was talking more about her being kick-ass in the armor than her physical beauty outside of it. I know most people here don't want MJ to gain superpowers but I feel she could do so much with them it is a shame she doesn't have any (most of the time), oh well...

I was talking more about her being kick-ass in the armor than her physical beauty outside of it. I know most people here don't want MJ to gain superpowers but I feel she could do so much with them it is a shame she doesn't have any (most of the time), oh well...
    oh ok i dont really mind if she has powers or not. I did like how it worked in Renew Your Vows though

but how would you rate her though