Page 1 of 79 123451151 ... LastLast

Default Mary Jane Watson-Parker Appreciation 2020

Face it Tiger, You Just Hit 2020!

Here's a thread for appreciating and discussing the ever vivacious, glamorous, and courageous redhead near and dear to our and Peter Parker's hearts, Mary Jane Watson!

And here's a preview for Amazing Mary Jane #4.

hopefully Peter purposes to her this year hoping her series last as long as needed and hoping she remains beautiful as well
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    hopefully Peter purposes to her this year hoping her series last as long as needed and hoping she remains beautiful as well
    It's at least lasting to 10 issues, so that's a plus for me. Speaking of, any thoughts on her burgeoning friendship with Mysterio?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Hopefully, but unlikely considering all Marvel went through to get them mystically divorced the first time around.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Hopefully, but unlikely considering all Marvel went through to get them mystically divorced the first time around.
    But considering what a catastrophic failure that was...

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    It's at least lasting to 10 issues, so that's a plus for me. Speaking of, any thoughts on her burgeoning friendship with Mysterio?
    Cute, but just asking to get her into trouble .

Quote Originally Posted by Knightsilver View Post
    But considering what a catastrophic failure that was...
    Perhaps, however, keep in mind there are some at Marvel who either don't recognize it as such (a total failure) or outright think it was a success. There are even some fans who passionately agree with them (I can think of at least two who frequent this very forum).

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Are...are we getting a 616 Spinerette?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    One can only hope.

Doubt it. But based on that preview for #4 we now know the circumstances behind #5's cover.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

No. MJ is just going to wear the costume for the stunts and might use it to intimidate the Savage Six by making them think Spider-Man is actually there.

I guess they just digitally edit her physique to make it seem like it's a guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    No. MJ is just going to wear the costume for the stunts and might use it to intimidate the Savage Six by making them think Spider-Man is actually there.

I it's more likely to be Mysterio's illusions making her into Spider-Man, rather than mundane digital editing.

Astonishing Member

I really hope. It would be quite ironic if, somehow, MJ's spider-powers from Spider-Island resurface here. I mean, after all, she was the very last one infected and "cured".

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    One can only hope.
    You can say that again, pal.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Doubt it. But based on that preview for #4 we now know the circumstances behind #5's cover.
    Yeah, that was my thought too. After seeing the last panel of #3 where the actor quit, I suspected MJ would take the role. It would be very funny if her spider-powers from Spider-Island return here.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I don't know, pal. After so many years reading comics, one thing I learnt was that, almost always, you have to expect the unexpected. Anyway, more like edit a scene to make MJ look like male, I believe the WHOLE movie will be edited later to make her the main character.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    I it's more likely to be Mysterio's illusions making her into Spider-Man, rather than mundane digital editing.
    I don't know, pal. I personally still wait for her spider-powers to return somehow. But even if they don't (I can dream, can't I?), Mysterio used tech in the past to simulate Spider-Man's powers and incriminate him. Maybe MJ will use it now to impersonate him.

After so many years "stuck" to Spidey, I wonder how MJ will reproduce his moves and way of talking when the Sinister 6 attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    ok as long as it doesnt lead to mysterio falling in love with her
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

ok as long as it doesnt lead to mysterio falling in love with her
    Yeah, that would be awful. *cringes*