Page 51 of 79 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Why everyone want to be jinxing MJ like this? People are starting to get me a little worried on this forum.

I've seen MJ in mortal danger more times than I can say, I've seen her "killed" and seen Peter have to grieve her death for over a year real time already, so usually it doesn't phase me but now all you got me spooked.
    There’s no point in killing off someone that no one cares about.

Since people only care about MJ, it would have to be her or no one (I’d pick no one).

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    There’s no point in killing off someone that no one cares about.

Since people only care about MJ, it would have to be her or no one (I’d pick no one).
    Um, there are plenty of characters people care about besides MJ. (Aunt May, JJJ, Felicia Hardy, Pete's new pet Gog, etc) I mean, seriously?

Also, who needs to kill off a character anyway just to say Pete will never see himself the same way again? I'd find it a stretch to say those two things are related.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Um, there are plenty of characters people care about besides MJ. (Aunt May, JJJ, Felicia Hardy, Pete's new pet Gog, etc) I mean, seriously?

Also, who needs to kill off a character anyway just to say Pete will never see himself the same way again? I'd find it a stretch to say those two things are related.
    i dont care for Aunt May so she can go
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    i dont care for Aunt May so she can go
    This lol.

In all seriousness though, I’ve felt this for a while regarding the character. I understand that under the right team she can be interesting but at times it seems like Marvel just holds onto her in an attempt to keep that younger Parker vibe going. JMS handled her beautifully. He had a fantastic grasp of the character.

But the character has avoided and dodged the grim reaper for too long now. Let her go Marvel.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    This lol.

In all seriousness though, I’ve felt this for a while regarding the character. I understand that under the right team she can be interesting but at times it seems like Marvel just holds onto her in an attempt to keep that younger Parker vibe going. JMS handled her beautifully. He had a fantastic grasp of the character.

But the character has avoided and dodged the grim reaper for too long now. Let her go Marvel.
    Most boring caricature of a character during JMS's run.

I would be fine that version of the character dying.

As would I. It's time, IMO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I thought she was pretty charming, warm, and multi-faceted during the JMS run, but to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought she was pretty charming, warm, and multi-faceted during the JMS run, but to each their own.
    This.

Granted It’s time for her to go. She’s overstayed her welcome in a sense as a character. But I thought she was well handled during JMS run. Honestly my favorite interpretation of the character is Bendis during USM. Now that was a character I could support.

i mean if batman can kill alfred aunt may can go too

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I like how they were able to do it in the video game but not without pushback from Marvel first.

A valid point.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    I like how they were able to do it in the video game but not without pushback from Marvel first.
    dont know why marvel is stuck on the past. Aunt May might outlive all of us here like does no one have a problem with that

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    True, sorry May, but if I have to choose in Modern Spider-Man between you being alive and Peter being with MJ you'll lose every time no question or debate. You've long outlived any relevancy to the narrative.

dont know why marvel is stuck on the past. Aunt May might outlive all of us here like does no one have a problem with that
    I think Marvel is hesitant to kill off characters as big as Aunt May these days because there is always a chance the next writer could have an amazing Aunt May story and they need to allow writers to be able to use the famous/classic Spidey supporting cast. The question is how did they let Flash die, well, maybe its only the first time he dies and they discussed ideas to bring him back one day in the future already.

It's about grown-ass men reliving their childhoods and forcing us to go along for the ride. And yet people wonder why outsiders don't respect comic books and think comics are "juvenile".