Page 50 of 79 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Seems like in '70s and '80s stories she was doing relatively well. I kinda got the idea that she wasn't as famous as someone like Megan Fox, though. No idea how far she advanced in the current run, although I kinda get the idea that he public presence fluxes per the needs of the story.
    She's probably seen as a has-been celeb, someone who used to be popular but now doesn't warrant the column inches in the tabloids. She was a model and an actress, but had been out of the game for some time. That movie she was making in her solo was basically meant to be her big comeback.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She's probably seen as a has-been celeb, someone who used to be popular but now doesn't warrant the column inches in the tabloids. She was a model and an actress, but had been out of the game for some time. That movie she was making in her solo was basically meant to be her big comeback.
    I think the last time she did anything was back in JMS' run with that Lobster Man movie, where I remember she bitched her role was basically some love interest with no real character (And it gave me a chuckle she bitched about the same thing in Mysterio's movie, pretty consistent lol), after that she made some club, then worked with Tony, so yeah, wasn't popular after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I think the last time she did anything was back in JMS' run with that Lobster Man movie, where I remember she bitched her role was basically some love interest with no real character (And it gave me a chuckle she bitched about the same thing in Mysterio's movie, pretty consistent lol), after that she made some club, then worked with Tony, so yeah, wasn't popular after that.
    Although she seemed fairly in the public eye through both the club and as Tony's executive assistant.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Although she seemed fairly in the public eye through both the club and as Tony's executive assistant.
    Hm, being the head of a club limits the public that sees her a lot, although yeah, being around Tony could potentially make her popular, for at least eye candy reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Hm, being the head of a club limits the public that sees her a lot, although yeah, being around Tony could potentially make her popular, for at least eye candy reasons.
    Her club seemed to be popular before it got tanked by Supervillain attacks, at least from what I remember. I think her personality and image was definitely helping the club's brand before it just became too much trouble to keep going.

I don't know if the Stark job made her more popular but it was definitely a high profile position as far as the general public is concerned.

Last edited by Vortex85; 10-21-2020 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    yeah I can only see bad things happening to her
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    yeah I can only see bad things happening to her
    Why everyone want to be jinxing MJ like this? People are starting to get me a little worried on this forum.

I've seen MJ in mortal danger more times than I can say, I've seen her "killed" and seen Peter have to grieve her death for over a year real time already, so usually it doesn't phase me but now all you got me spooked.

Gorgeous MJ is gorgeous. Good to have her back in the flesh in ASM .

I'm not really worried about MJ's status in basically tie-in's to the main book. I'm more worried about her leaving the books again without her own solo.

Doesn't look like Peter and MJ will be reunited yet - MJ will apparently be in the LR issues, but Peter's involvement there is just about done because the normal issues will show what he's doing at the same time.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Doesn't look like Peter and MJ will be reunited yet - MJ will apparently be in the LR issues, but Peter's involvement there is just about done because the normal issues will show what he's doing at the same time.
    Lowe's note only says Peter won't be in the LR but nothing about the other way around.

It at least doesn't make sense for MJ to be back in New York and try her hardest to see Peter again while she's there.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It at least doesn't make sense for MJ to be back in New York and try her hardest to see Peter again while she's there.
    She shouldn't go around wandering the streets looking for him though, 'cause while Sin Eater has been defeated, it's probable his cult is still around, so it could be really dangerous.

At least that could be used as an excuse, that and maybe Kindred will have started some **** by the time she gets home.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Why everyone want to be jinxing MJ like this? People are starting to get me a little worried on this forum.

I've seen MJ in mortal danger more times than I can say, I've seen her "killed" and seen Peter have to grieve her death for over a year real time already, so usually it doesn't phase me but now all you got me spooked.
    Lmao.

Agreed. Let’s not Jynx this girl.

So glad to see her finally return to the main title. Honestly though I’m not concerned with her. For whatever reason I don’t see Spencer as to type to do anything to her. If anything, he seems like he’s a genuine fan of the character.

MJ is safe.......hopefully.

Again, I'm mostly just worried they'll write her out of the book again unless they relaunch Amazing Mary Jane to cover the press tour.