Page 24 of 79 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Remember seeing her wear a Yankees cap in one random comic at my library. Was sports a new thing? Been reading some of the old stuff in the Epic Collections and I'm not seeing much about her and sports.
    2000s, yeah. At least, that's where I recall seeing her depicted as a sports fan. If you want particulars, check out Web of Romance from that period, set before Civil War and the nonsense aftermath of that. (Bear in mind, I'm referring to One More Day. Back in Black was spectacular.)
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I'm liking the show's take.

Why does she have more personality in those short clips than anyone else on the show? I watched the entire first season and none of the others compare.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Why does she have more personality in those short clips than anyone else on the show? I watched the entire first season and none of the others compare.
    One problem with the cartoon, on account of the bizarre decision to give their Peter green eyes (which he never had before) is that when MJ appears with her green eyes, the effect is that she and Peter kind of look like brother and sister.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    One problem with the cartoon, on account of the bizarre decision to give their Peter green eyes (which he never had before) is that when MJ appears with her green eyes, the effect is that she and Peter kind of look like brother and sister.
    I think most of the characters in this cartoon suffer from same face.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I'm liking the show's take.
    Very pleasantly surprised.

In this respect, they're just following the same track as the original comics that featured and debuted Mary Jane by having her be the most exciting, dynamic character in the show.

She definitely stands out, which is a good thing .

Now I'm going to start asking why we couldn't have had this in the first two seasons .

I saw a pretty great video on Youtube that argued it's because Peter was transplanted into Horizon High. Since it's basically Horizon Labs for kids, almost all of the characters are science geniuses, leading to a large degree of homogeneity among their personalities.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    I saw a pretty great video on Youtube that argued it's because Peter was transplanted into Horizon High. Since it's basically Horizon Labs for kids, almost all of the characters are science geniuses, leading to a large degree of homogeneity among their personalities.
    That's actually a pretty good point, especially since this animated Spider-Man is essentially a "High School A/U" of Dan Slott's Spider-Man run, which began with Peter being accepted into Horizon Labs.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    I think one of the weaker areas of the show has been making the supporting cast stand out beyond "teenager really interested in science who ends up getting spider-powers."

For anyone curious about MJ in Marvel's Spider-Man...the scenes in the promotional material is basically her entire role in the episode. She only gets maybe 5 lines in 5 minutes before Peter ducks out of there.

For anyone curious about MJ in Marvel's Spider-Man...the scenes in the promotional material is basically her entire role in the episode. She only gets maybe 5 lines in 5 minutes before Peter ducks out of there.
    Thanks. I'm hoping she gets more screen time in the next four specials.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Thanks. I'm hoping she gets more screen time in the next four specials.
    Same here. I wish this show was better about civilian characters then USM was...

Same here. I wish this show was better about civilian characters then USM was...
    That would have been nice, yeah.

Thanks for sharing. I think this book will be in good hands, artistically speaking.