Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 303637383940
Results 586 to 600 of 600
  1. #586
    Extraordinary Member TheCape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    7,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Because being married has everything to do with being a superhero./s

    I always that Slott gave Harry a better ending than Michelinie did.
    Blame Editorial, they are the ones that decided to make a big deal about it not us and in the worst possible.

    Harry's story ended with Spec 200 by JDMatteis as far i am concerned, i pretty much ignored Michelinie run after 365 (everything after that is between meh and bad), nothing that has been after his resurrection has been worth the effort, it cheapens Peter's blood feud with Norman and makes the Clone Saga an even bigger disaster than already is, so rigth now with no one using him and Peter referencing his death, i still pretend that he is death.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

    "I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

  2. #587
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Blame Editorial, they are the ones that decided to make a big deal about it not us and in the worst possible.

    Harry's story ended with Spec 200 by JDMatteis as far i am concerned, i pretty much ignored Michelinie run after 365 (everything after that is between meh and bad), nothing that has been after his resurrection has been worth the effort, it cheapens Peter's blood feud with Norman and makes the Clone Saga an even bigger disaster than already is, so rigth now with no one using him and Peter referencing his death, i still pretend that he is death.
    The death (like most comic book deaths) was stupid and didn’t accomplish anything. Osborn never needed a reason to torture Peter. His original motives for doing so were weak to begin with. Besides, how can you cheapen plot contrivance at its finest?

    The thing I disliked was how Slott wrote him out after the Origin of the Species story arc rather than possibly building up more tension with Gonzales.
    Last edited by PCN24454; 09-21-2020 at 12:14 AM.

  3. #588
    Extraordinary Member TheCape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    7,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    The death (like most comic book deaths) was stupid and didn’t accomplish anything. Osborn never needed a reason to torture Peter. His original motives for doing do were weak to begin with. Besides, how can you cheapen plot contrivance at its finest?

    The thing I disliked was how Slott wrote him out after the Origin of the Species story arc rather than possibly building up more tension with Gonzales.
    Yeah... i disagreed with all that, especially with Norman's motivation being weak. But to eacth their own.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

    "I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

  4. #589
    Extraordinary Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,991

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Yeah... i disagreed with all that, especially with Norman's motivation being weak. But to eacth their own.
    I agree with you as well, for the record.

    I also agreed that Harry's story ended with Spectacular #200 by JDMatteis (one of my favorite single Spidey issues, if not my favorite, of all time ). Nothing of value has been added to either the overall narrative or to the character by bringing him back. Harry should have stayed dead as he had the perfect send-off, IMO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  5. #590
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I agree with you as well, for the record.

    I also agreed that Harry's story ended with Spectacular #200 by JDMatteis (one of my favorite single Spidey issues, if not my favorite, of all time ). Nothing of value has been added to either the overall narrative or to the character by bringing him back. Harry should have stayed dead as he had the perfect send-off, IMO.
    Ehh, the writers just pulled the “Redemption Equals Death” trope because they want to have to write consequences for Harry’s actions. It’s the epitome cop-outs.

  6. #591
    Extraordinary Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Ehh, the writers just pulled the “Redemption Equals Death” trope because they want to have to write consequences for Harry’s actions. It’s the epitome cop-outs.
    I disagree it was done to poignant perfection. Harry's sacrifice had such emotional weight it tugs at my heart-strings to this very day. Of course, Return of the Jedi is my favorite film, and Piccolo is my favorite Dragon Ball character both for the very same reason, so I might be biased.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  7. #592
    Spider-Fan Since '95 WebSlingWonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,880

    Default

    While y'all are working that out, Marvel put "Amazing Mary Jane #6" on their digital comic service, Marvel Unlimited. Could they upload more?
    The Amazing, Spectacular, Sensational Web-Slinger!

  8. #593
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    54,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    While y'all are working that out, Marvel put "Amazing Mary Jane #6" on their digital comic service, Marvel Unlimited. Could they upload more?
    Well, it was their last published issue...I'm not sure what they're going to do about the rest, to be honest.

  9. #594
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    9,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Ehh, the writers just pulled the “Redemption Equals Death” trope because they want to have to write consequences for Harry’s actions. It’s the epitome cop-outs.
    I can agree with you in the general sense, as I'd rather have "Redemption Earns Life" instead of "Redemption Equals Death," since like you said, the former has the would-be atoners forced to face those they've wronged and deal with the consequences of said wrongdoing as opposed to getting a "clean slate" with a "heroic" death.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  10. #595
    Extraordinary Member TheCape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    7,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I can agree with you in the general sense, as I'd rather have "Redemption Earns Life" instead of "Redemption Equals Death," since like you said, the former has the would-be atoners forced to face those they've wronged and deal with the consequences of said wrongdoing as opposed to getting a "clean slate" with a "heroic" death.
    I said that even if Harry survived, we wouldn't gotten anything that great either, Peter and MJ pretty much forgive him after he saved his life (probably because deep down Harry could never bring himself to kill the Parkers) and pretty much blame his actions on Norman. Liz is more complicated, but she probably would have forgive him too. Even after his resurrection no one really brings what he did, him and Liz not being together (the only real fallout of his mess) anymore always felt less like a natural consequence of his action and more like the ageist BS from the Brand New Day era.
    Last edited by TheCape; 09-21-2020 at 03:59 PM.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

    "I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

  11. #596
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    9,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I said that even if Harry survived, we wouldn't gotten anything that great either, Peter and MJ pretty much forgive him after he saved his life (probably because deep down Harry could never bring himself to kill the Parkers) and pretty much blame his actions on Norman. Liz is more complicated, but she probably would have forgive him too. Even after his resurrection no one really brings what he did, him and Liz not being together (the only real fallout of his mess) anymore always less like natural consequence of his action and more like the ageist BS from the Brand New Day era.
    Yeah, those are good points, especially the last one.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  12. #597
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I said that even if Harry survived, we wouldn't gotten anything that great either, Peter and MJ pretty much forgive him after he saved his life (probably because deep down Harry could never bring himself to kill the Parkers) and pretty much blame his actions on Norman. Liz is more complicated, but she probably would have forgive him too. Even after his resurrection no one really brings what he did, him and Liz not being together (the only real fallout of his mess) anymore always felt less like a natural consequence of his action and more like the ageist BS from the Brand New Day era.
    What ageism?

  13. #598
    Extraordinary Member TheCape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    7,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    What ageism?
    Brand New Day wanted to make Spider-Man world feel more young, for the lack of a better term (or a cartoon of what some think that young people are like anyway) and Harry being a swinging bachelor who is also cooler and richer than Peter plus his best friend (and even had a divorce in his story!) is part of that.

    By the way i know that you don't agreed (and that's fine) and want to argue, but lets kill the conversation here . This is MJ thread, we had gotten way out of topic.
    Last edited by TheCape; 09-21-2020 at 04:28 PM.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

    "I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

  14. #599
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Brand New Day wanted to make Spider-Man world feel more young, for the lack of a better term (or a cartoon of what some think that young people are like anyway) and Harry being a swinging bachelor who is also cooler and richer than Peter plus his best friend (and even had a divorce in his story!) is part of that.

    By the way i know that you don't agreed and want to argue, but lets kill the conversation here. This is MJ thread, we had gotten way out of topic.
    Fair enough.

  15. #600
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    23,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    While y'all are working that out, Marvel put "Amazing Mary Jane #6" on their digital comic service, Marvel Unlimited. Could they upload more?
    That makes sense, was published in March, it's six months old, comics are added to MU after six months. Doesn't mean any more issues will show up.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •