Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
MJ originally had blue eyes in the Lee-Romita era. Her eyes became green much later.

Kirst Dunst had blue eyes as well in the movie (and also in real life, I don't know). The PS4 version also has blue eyes.
Normally in fiction they give red haired characters green eyes... which is interesting since green eyes are more rare.

Then again Peter's eyes have been all over the place as well. I've seen them as brown most of the time (which while the most common, is the most rare in comic books), I've seen them as blue and hazel too...Heck Hobie Brown has even had blue eyes (which while technically possible, is EXTREMELY rare).

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
My problem is not the fact that Zendaya is a person of color ( sometimes a person of color improves a story ( see Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury), it is that Zendaya is nothing like the Mary Jane in the comics ( the same issue I had with Kirsten Dunst). The best version I have seen was Into The Spider-Verse and she was voiced by someone of color ( Zoe Kravitz).
Most the MCU kids are "in name only", so the race changes are the least of their problems as even if they looked like their comic counterparts they still would be nothing like them. As a comparison between another Spider-Man related adaptation that changed the races of more minor characters we have Ned from the MCU and Ned Lee from the Spectacular Spider-Man. They are both an Asian version of Peter's former coworker Ned Leeds. One of them is just Ned Leeds with a different coat of paint, while one is a completely different character.