Page 12 of 79 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    LMAO. Oh that was good!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    This would actually be a geat line at the reveal if Kindred ended up being some version of MJ.
    Thanks, I appreciate the compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    Dark MJ? More like " Face it, Tiger... NO LONGER AM I THE WOMAN YOU KNEW!"
    That's a great one, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    Just read through AMJ #5. I thought it was a fun read and enjoyed it overall. spoilers:
    I still think her partnering with Mysterio is ooc. Otherwise, her personality and dialogue is generally on point as it has been for the entire series. The scene with the Savage Six was a bit much though. Like I know MJ is a tough gal, and I could totally buy her helping take down a villain here and there, but having her physically whoop the Savage Six's asses one by one was a bit too unbelievable IMO (even if she was being crafty about it.) The part where she recorded a message for Peter was heartwarming and definitely put a smile on my face.
    end of spoilers It's a solid B for me. Good lighthearted fun, but not the best MJ centered story. It's nice to see some love for the character though.
    I was fine with spoilers:
    her initially slapping Vulture and sicking the robots on 'em (cause the OG X-men could keep up with these guys) but the Tarantula/Stegron scene was ridiculous. These guys can take punches from Spiderman without too much issue getting hit by foam rocks should mean nothing. The Rhino scene...I get what their going for but it just wouldnt work because Rhinos too damn heavy and the way physics works hes effectively planted in the ground. Vulture taking her out with a single hit is fair though.
    end of spoilers I still think the savage six being the villains is silly though. IT'S just Vulture annoyed that he's not the star...but he's got some Al Pacino esqye guy playing him

spoilers:
    I guess if the Savage Six was a bit too much, hopefully Williams scales things back a bit. Looks like we're getting a breather and then a mystery story.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Good observation. Wondering what those "Dark" variants are supposed to mean, and if they're heralding some kind of event. After all, the Venomized hero/villain variants did eventually give us Venomverse.
    Oh, God! I think I know the meaning of this! CBR recently post an article saying that Marvel is going to have ANOTHER Civil War (Geez!)... In Hell!!! Because of Mephisto's manipulations, there's going to be a disaster fighting for the Hell's throne. I think Hell will be "unleashed on Earth" and many character will be corrupted by it. You know like Damnation or Inferno.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Oh, God! I think I know the meaning of this! CBR recently post an article saying that Marvel is going to have ANOTHER Civil War (Geez!)... In Hell!!! Because of Mephisto's manipulations, there's going to be a disaster fighting for the Hell's throne. I think Hell will be "unleashed on Earth" and many character will be corrupted by it. You know like Damnation or Inferno.
    Civil War in Hell? I could see that, given the current situation in the Ghost Rider book.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Heaven forbid.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Heaven forbid.
    Indeed, please no, no, noooooooooooo!

LOL, my reaction to this "news" reminds me of the famous/infamous scene from The Office.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Summer in Dial H For Hero #12 today ended up as a MJ/Gwen hybrid at one point.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

LMAO, I just read AMJ #5 and... I ain't complaining. Just wish MJ had used some Mysterio illusions too and then set the robots on the Savage Six instead of taking them one by one herself.

Astonishing Member

I really hoped for Mary Jane's spider-powers to somehow reappear.

PS4 being put on the "Worst" while Ultimate cartoon on the "Best", even though the former is just an all-around better and more developed version of the same type of character.

Also Spectacular being on the "Worst", even with their reasoning, doesn't really make sense.

(I know some people will probably be mad MCU MJ is on the "Best" side, but I'm okay with that)

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    PS4 being put on the "Worst" while Ultimate cartoon on the "Best", even though the former is just an all-around better and more developed version of the same type of character.

Also Spectacular being on the "Worst", even with their reasoning, doesn't really make sense.

(I know some people will probably be mad MCU MJ is on the "Best" side, but I'm okay with that)
    Let them be mad. I'm personally madder TAS MJ and Into the Spider-Verse MJ were left out. And they can mention Web of Shadows MJ, but not Edge of Time MJ, or even the MJ from the 2000/2001 Spider-Man game(s) for the PS1/Nintendo 64? And if mobile games count, what about Spider-Man Unlimited MJ or Avengers Academy MJ? (Ok, so we might be going down a deeper rabbit hole than I anticipated when I started this post, but still . . .) At least Renew Your Vows MJ made it . . .

USM is pretty bad. Beyond not having much of a personality beyond "I'm a reporter," which I think PS4 MJ was able to narrowly avoid thanks to her relationship with Peter, the whole Carnage Symbiote thing was just too much (like a lot of the show). Total waste of Tara Strong.