Page 52 of 79 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    It's about grown-ass men reliving their childhoods and forcing us to go along for the ride. And yet people wonder why outsiders don't respect comic books and think comics are "juvenile".
    im starting to see the effects on that with dragonball greed ruin everything
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    im starting to see the effects on that with dragonball greed ruin everything
    Indeed, friend, indeed

The theme of Big Joe Q and company -

"They want to take us back to the past..."

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

To be honest i don't think that is necessary to kill Aunt May, she can be well written when writers actually put an effort with her sadly, sadly most of then treat her like a plot device that is there to make Peter worry. I don't mind if she dies, but also i don't mind if she lives, she can currently work.

Althougth admittedly the lengths that Marvel has gone to keep her alive are hilariously bad, like that especial actress from Final Chapter plantee by Norman, is spite the fact that Norman himself said that he has nothing to do with her death and that he was angry about that, seriously it would have been better to just outrigth resurrect her (by either Norman or a member of his order to blackmail Peter), it would still had been dumb, but not as awfull as what we actually got.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Also i like Dragon Ball Super, sue me
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member

dont know why marvel is stuck on the past. Aunt May might outlive all of us here like does no one have a problem with that
    That's literally most characters in Marvel (and DC). They never die. Why should Aunt May?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Hey, Goku Black is my favorite "new" Dragon Ball character, well, he and his alter-ego Zamasu. So, yeah, there were good points. However, the "Goku Black Arc" did fell apart towards its end (like a lot of other things in Super)..
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    It's about grown-ass men reliving their childhoods and forcing us to go along for the ride. And yet people wonder why outsiders don't respect comic books and think comics are "juvenile".
    There is nothing wrong with Liking things from our childhood like music, movies, sports and comic books Especially because in many cases, what came out in those days was better then today.Think about music. Can anyone compare Led Zeppelin and Guns N Roses to Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Can anyone compare Led Zeppelin and Guns N Roses to Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift.
    yes, they are all stupid and should give me money
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    as do i hell i like anime and manga more than this but if anime and manga are applying what comics do its not going to be fun

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    That's literally most characters in Marvel (and DC). They never die. Why should Aunt May?
    cause she not Peter. Look they arent going to end these stories like there isnt going to be a conclusion to the Amazing Spiderman its just a long middle part. I kinda want some things to matter in these type of stories at least

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    yes, they are all stupid and should give me money
    I guess you do not like rock music with musicians who can actually play.

as do i hell i like anime and manga more than this but if anime and manga are applying what comics do its not going to be fun
    Companies just like to do whatever the hell's safe and gives them money, how many interchangeable Isekai animes exist again?

The only thing that stands out about comic books is that they keep using the same characters, other media may tell the same story, but use different names, costumes, locations and whatever, so comics will look even more stale.

It's creatively lazy either way, which is why I only stick around comics for the dumb fun, 'cause if I wanted an actually good story I'd read/watch something else.

Astonishing Member

cause she not Peter. Look they arent going to end these stories like there isnt going to be a conclusion to the Amazing Spiderman its just a long middle part. I kinda want some things to matter in these type of stories at least
    Trust me. You're not going to find it in "death".

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, that's amazing.
    The spider is always on the hunt.