Page 10 of 79 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    I just want the Michelle / Mary Jane issue to be settled on the next movie. Either make her Mary Jane for real or introduce whoever is supposed to be Mary Jane to show she isn’t. They should have never called her MJ if she isnt supposed to be Mary Jane. That title should be reserved for one person. What a stupid decision.
    It was already settled when Zendaya's character said that she's Michelle Jones and that people call her MJ.
    She is not Mary Jane Watson.
    I strongly doubt that Mary Jane will be in the Holland Spider-Man movies.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ...As long as she's not a reporter, I'm good .
    Yes, please no more MJ or MJ like reporters. MJ is a great character on her own she does not need to be Lois Lane Lite.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    It was already settled when Zendaya's character said that she's Michelle Jones and that people call her MJ.
    She is not Mary Jane Watson.
    I strongly doubt that Mary Jane will be in the Holland Spider-Man movies.

It seems to cause a lot of confusion. Constantly calling her MJ and making her the main love interest certainly have made a lot of people think she is a new take on Mary Jane instead of someone new completely.

I mean, I've seen the interviews for Homecoming that say she is not Mary Jane, and I also saw she was based on other characters unrelated to Mary Jane. So I know the intent was not there to make her version of Mary Jane in Homecoming. But then in Far From Home it seems like they wanted to backpedal on that by never referring to her as Michelle and in another interview Zendaya said "this version of MJ" as if she is a homage to Mary jane.

So I'm very confused over it and I'll never be satisfied with an adaptation of Spider-man that ignores Mary Jane, or in this case, replaces her with a new character.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 02-18-2020 at 08:23 PM.

Just read Amazing Mary Jane #5. It might be the single most satisfying Mary Jane centered issue I've ever read. That's all I'll say.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Just read Amazing Mary Jane #5. It might be the single most satisfying Mary Jane centered issue I've ever read. That's all I'll say.
    Same here man, its great, cant wait for issue 6

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Same here man, its great, cant wait for issue 6
    Cosigning you both.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

This issue was hilarious, I cant believe Williams had Mary Jane actually physically go head to head with the Savage Six and best them. I was like WTF did her powers come back? But apparently she is an amazing fighter these days. I am easily convinced Mary Jane would beat Peter Parker up in a fight if he lost his powers.

I'm so glad that we get to see the post-production and, presumably, release of the film, because MJ's role(s) in the production have been a delight to see. Such a great series!

We're losing the current artist Carlos Gomez after issue 6. He's got a new book. Presumably the new artist will be revealed when we get May's solicits tonight.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B8x-yPZIl_x/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    We're losing the current artist Carlos Gomez after issue 6. He's got a new book. Presumably the new artist will be revealed when we get May's solicits tonight.
    i am going to miss thick MJ
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    i am going to miss thick MJ
    i hate to say this but I admit, MJ cheesecake/fanservice in the 90s is what mostly drove me to look into spidey comics. especially that one panel that from maximum carnage Amazing 378 where a wounded Brock fell in the Parker's door and MJ was too shock that her robe was open showing her underwear. that panel made to the Maximum Carnage Game which I saw first and thought it was swimsuit and Pete and MJ were going for a swim, i was 8 years old when i played that game. Forgive if that make it seem like a perv at the time athough I was 8 years old at the time back in the Baywatch era of TV.

While I'm sure it will be great for his career, I am disappointed that the book won't be graced by his gorgeous art anymore. I was hoping he'd stick with it for the long haul and truly become a definitive MJ artist .

Hopefully the new artist is on par with Gomez...and be as good about art teases .

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    i hate to say this but I admit, MJ cheesecake/fanservice in the 90s is what mostly drove me to look into spidey comics. especially that one panel that from maximum carnage Amazing 378 where a wounded Brock fell in the Parker's door and MJ was too shock that her robe was open showing her underwear. that panel made to the Maximum Carnage Game which I saw first and thought it was swimsuit and Pete and MJ were going for a swim, i was 8 years old when i played that game. Forgive if that make it seem like a perv at the time athough I was 8 years old at the time back in the Baywatch era of TV.
    i shall research that panel now my good sir
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Mighty Member

Yeah I'm disappointed too, but congrats on him for landing another gig. Here's hoping he comes back to Spidey and MJ in the near future!

Does J Scott Campbell still do interiors? I know he has been doing covers for Black Cat, but I'd love to see him do interiors for MJ after seeing his MJ tribute in Marvel Comics # 1000.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    i shall research that panel now my good sir

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/B5qx_75i9_J...nMvb6WrxCdh=s0

here you go,