Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940 LastLast
Results 556 to 570 of 600
  1. #556
    Mighty Member John Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    What do you guys have in mind with undoing with OMD? Because it seems that many focus on the marriage.

    • Return of the Marriage
    • Harry back to the grave
    • Aunt May back to the grave
    • Spiderman identity being public
    Something happens. They remember selling the marriage. Peter/MJ separate a bit to work things out then get back together and it's a second marriage. All the stories post first marriage still happened but their memories and certain aspects of reality were altered to accommodate for it.

  2. #557
    Astonishing Member Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    What do you guys have in mind with undoing with OMD? Because it seems that many focus on the marriage.

    Return of the Marriage
    Harry back to the grave
    Aunt May back to the grave
    Spiderman identity being public
    Why the identity public though?

  3. #558
    Extraordinary Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,992

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Why the identity public though?
    Because Peter publicly unmasked just before the infamous deal which restored his secret identity besides "saving" Aunt May at the expanse of his marriage (*yuck*).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  4. #559
    Fantastic Member Yvonmukluk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Because Peter publicly unmasked just before the infamous deal which restored his secret identity besides "saving" Aunt May at the expanse of his marriage (*yuck*).
    Technically the identity being made secret again was a freebie.

  5. #560
    Extraordinary Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    Technically the identity being made secret again was a freebie.
    True, but it was (sadly) made secret again as a direct result of the infamous deal. Thus one must assume if the deal gets undone so will that aspect along with all others.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  6. #561
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    54,222

    Default

    I don't see them undoing Spidey's secret identity any time soon.

  7. #562
    Extraordinary Member TheCape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    7,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't see them undoing Spidey's secret identity any time soon.
    Even if they undo OMD (wich i doubt), i'm sure that they would find a way to get around the secret identity, maybe Peter should give a call to Matt and ask him for Purple Man. With the proper planing, it can work
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

    "I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

  8. #563
    Extraordinary Member Revolutionary_Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    5,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Even if they undo OMD (wich i doubt), i'm sure that they would find a way to get around the secret identity, maybe Peter should give a call to Matt and ask him for Purple Man. With the proper planing, it can work
    Tying Purple Man to a battery was how Michelinie was going to do it when he pitched the Proto-Unmasking story in the mid-90s.

  9. #564
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    9,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Tying Purple Man to a battery was how Michelinie was going to do it when he pitched the Proto-Unmasking story in the mid-90s.
    Somewhat reminds me of Emperor Doom, only with making people forget a secret identity as opposed to making everyone submit to his authority.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  10. #565
    Extraordinary Member Revolutionary_Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    5,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Somewhat reminds me of Emperor Doom, only with making people forget a secret identity as opposed to making everyone submit to his authority.
    Also written by Michelinie, he was planning to reuse the idea in ASM.

  11. #566
    Fantastic Member Yvonmukluk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Even if they undo OMD (wich i doubt), i'm sure that they would find a way to get around the secret identity, maybe Peter should give a call to Matt and ask him for Purple Man. With the proper planing, it can work
    He could just ask the people who did the (retconned) mindwipe, since they're all still alive and friends of his. Or maybe he can call in that favour Doctor Doom owes him?

  12. #567
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    9,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    He could just ask the people who did the (retconned) mindwipe, since they're all still alive and friends of his. Or maybe he can call in that favour Doctor Doom owes him?
    Oh, yeah, since he did save Doom's life in JMS's run, same issue he finally reunited with Mary Jane.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  13. #568
    Spider-Fan Since '95 WebSlingWonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    He could just ask the people who did the (retconned) mindwipe, since they're all still alive and friends of his. Or maybe he can call in that favour Doctor Doom owes him?
    No, the favor was repaid when Spidey told off Doom and he didn't kill him on the spot.
    The Amazing, Spectacular, Sensational Web-Slinger!

  14. #569
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    9,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    No, the favor was repaid when Spidey told off Doom and he didn't kill him on the spot.
    That was a good moment.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  15. #570
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    What do you guys have in mind with undoing with OMD? Because it seems that many focus on the marriage.

    Return of the Marriage
    Harry back to the grave
    Aunt May back to the grave
    Spiderman identity being public
    That's because the marriage (and MJ) is the only thing people really care about.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •