Page 13 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

616 MJ should've topped that list easily. And it's weird that '94 MJ didn't get a mention, but Web of Shadows did. I also certainly wouldn't consider Spec to be among the worst.

For me, the best include 616, MC2, RYV, Spec, '94, MTV, and ultimate (comics). Also hoping to see more of ITSV MJ in future films. I don't really care for the Raimi, MCU, PS4, and ultimate (cartoon) versions.
    Last edited by Spider-Tiger; 03-10-2020 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    For me, the best include 616, MC2, RYV, Spec, '94, MTV, and ultimate (comics). Also hoping to see more of ITSV MJ in future films. I don't really care for the Raimi, MCU, PS4, and ultimate (cartoon) versions.
    Yeah, I feel like there's a lot they can do with ITSV MJ that they 'didn't in the film, although I wouldn't be surprised if they put more emphasis on EmJay if they go to Gwen's Earth...although will she still be played by Zoe Kravitz?

I'd say probably the most unmemorable is Marvel Rising MJ (also voiced by Tara Strong).

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I feel like there's a lot they can do with ITSV MJ that they 'didn't in the film, although I wouldn't be surprised if they put more emphasis on EmJay if they go to Gwen's Earth...although will she still be played by Zoe Kravitz?

I'd say probably the most unmemorable is Marvel Rising MJ (also voiced by Tara Strong).
    Haven't seen Marvel Rising so I can't comment on that one.

I dunno. With the focus on interdimensional hopping, hopefully EmJay only has a cameo if anything. Besides, it would be weird to have two wildly different versions of the same character in the same movie. I'm hoping that they just bring in Spinneret as a Mary Jane who got powers in her universe.

Mighty Member

Does CBR have some sort of deal going on with Disney? Most of the "worst" versions of MJ all happen to be by Sony and the best that are not comics tend to be Disney...

BANNED

Typical clickbait list, not worth a damn jot. In general, I can't think of a version of MJ being outright bad.

And Kirsten Dunst's MJ is unfairly disliked.

I have yet to meet a live action MJ that I have absolutely loved.

BANNED

I have yet to meet a live action MJ that I have absolutely loved.
    I haven't absolutely loved live action Peters either, but I don't let the perfection be the enemy of the good.

If I have to rank the best adaptations of MJ it would be (in no order):

Kirsten Dunst's Mary Jane
    Spectacular Spider-Man MJ
    Spider-Man PS4
    ITSV Spider-Man (mostly for the speech at the funeral)

and I also have a soft spot for Web of Shadows which this clickbait list lamentably underrates.

The weakest version of MJ is the MTV Spider-Man show. Not because of the voice-work but rather the writing.

The weakest version of MJ is the MTV Spider-Man show. Not because of the voice-work but rather the writing.
    Yeah, but every character on that shows would rank in the weakest of lists.

The show really wasn't that great.

Mighty Member

Lisa Loeb is probably my 2nd favorite voice actress for MJ (behind Vanessa Marshall).

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    Lisa Loeb is probably my 2nd favorite voice actress for MJ (behind Vanessa Marshall).
    Agreed. These would be My Top 2 choices, as well:

1. Spectacular MJ
    2. MTV MJ
    Last edited by K7P5V; 03-10-2020 at 10:52 PM.

That CBR list is terrible. Which seems par for the course with CBR lists.

USM is pretty bad. Beyond not having much of a personality beyond "I'm a reporter," which I think PS4 MJ was able to narrowly avoid thanks to her relationship with Peter, the whole Carnage Symbiote thing was just too much (like a lot of the show). Total waste of Tara Strong.
    Though that symbiote plot did result in her becoming Spider-Woman. Perhaps she might have fared better if the show had lasted one more season?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I haven't absolutely loved live action Peters either, but I don't let the perfection be the enemy of the good.
    Well, yeah, if you ask me I'd say we haven't gotten the perfect ******action Spider-Man either.

Although, from my perspective, it seems like people change their tune on ******action Spidey's as much as the general MU public does on comic Spider-Man.
    If I have to rank the best adaptations of MJ it would be (in no order):

Kirsten Dunst's Mary Jane
    Spectacular Spider-Man MJ
    Spider-Man PS4
    ITSV Spider-Man (mostly for the speech at the funeral)

and I also have a soft spot for Web of Shadows which this clickbait list lamentably underrates.

I'd rank Spec above Dunst if only because she had a better MJ voice and personality. She just wasn't as developed because the show got canceled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Though that symbiote plot did result in her becoming Spider-Woman. Perhaps she might have fared better if the show had lasted one more season?
    The Spider-Woman thing was part of the problem. I'm not sure if she would've fared better in one more season just because that show never really seemed geared to handle their female cast all that well.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    (I know some people will probably be mad MCU MJ is on the "Best" side, but I'm okay with that)
    I’ll admit, I think at think point, I just mentally call her MCU Mary Jane, so I don’t mind. Most casual MCU fans I’ve met think her characters full name is actually Mary Jane, not Michelle anyways.