Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Face it Tiger, You Just Hit 2020!

Here's a thread for appreciating and discussing the ever vivacious, glamorous, and courageous redhead near and dear to our and Peter Parker's hearts, Mary Jane Watson!

And here's a preview for Amazing Mary Jane #4.
    Can't wait to read this issue. Looks like Mary Jane will be starting 2020 on an ambitious note.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    hopefully Peter purposes to her this year hoping her series last as long as needed and hoping she remains beautiful as well
    I hope you're right. That would be an awesome way to start a new decade.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 01-08-2020 at 04:07 PM.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I hope you're right. That would be an awesome way to start a new decade.
    Indeed it would but as I've said before I doubt Marvel Editorial will ever approve of such a move Post-OMD (they seem to be firmly against character growth and meaningful story progression). I hope I'm wrong and they surprise me.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

How are folks liking The Amazing Mary Jane? #4 just came out (as of this post).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    It's a fun issue. But it's mostly set-up for AMJ#5.

The comic does address the issue of MJ not telling Peter about Mysterio...so it's going somewhere.

But like I said I want to know how the payoff will be.

spoilers:
    I'm not pro-MJ as a Superhero, but I cannot deny she looks amazing in skintight spandex...even when it's her lover's costume .
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    This was my favorite of the series so far. spoilers:
    I really enjoyed MJ in this issue and her attitude taking on Spidey's role. It was cool to see her step up to the plate. It was also very cool to get insight into her thought process for going along with Mysterio's plan. It's a daring thing to do but if she were right, it would pay off big time. One of my other favorite bits was Mysetrio talking to MJ about how frustrating it is to fight Spider-Man as they are going over her fight choreography.
    end of spoilers I was also thrilled that Carlos Gomez did not share art duties. I love consistency in art especially when it's so well done.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    I'm not pro-MJ as a Superhero, but I cannot deny she looks amazing in skintight spandex...even when it's her lover's costume .
    end of spoilers
    You can say that again, pal.

This would suit with the famous cover of "Amazing Spider-Man Annual 19"

spoilers:
    But seriously, she's dressig like Spider-Man, she's being taught how to move like Spider-Man, and the Savage Six are coming.... Seriously, can it be a better time for Mary Jane's spider-powers from Spider-Island to make a return?
    end of spoilers

What does everyone think about this potential news for MCU Spider-Man 3?

Could Marvel/Sony be bringing in the “real” Mary Jane finally?

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...iderman-3/amp/

Ugh, i looked up info about this news site and apparently they are often unreliable so I am very skeptical about the info above

BANNED

Sony and MCU would have to be really stupid to do that now. Short of a continuity reboot, there's no point in bring a comics!accurate MJ when you have Zendaya's MJ. Her character fits in how MCU made Spidey. To the extent there are flaws with her romance with Peter, the fault lies with Holland and his total vanilla personality, and not Zendaya.

I mean the two movies already built Holland's Peter, Zendaya's MJ, and Batalon's Ned as the three main leads, and now you are going to undercut that for what exactly.

And quite aside from the horrible racist message that would send. Neither MJ nor Peter nor Aunt May have to be white. They are characters with enough depth and shades to them, that it would still shine even if their visual design changed.

Gwen Stacy for instance, is purely a visual design, without any characterization to speak of, so maybe she should be white, and I think Norman and Harry should be white too since they represent an evil WASP family but that's about as far as it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Sony and MCU would have to be really stupid to do that now. Short of a continuity reboot, there's no point in bring a comics!accurate MJ when you have Zendaya's MJ. Her character fits in how MCU made Spidey. To the extent there are flaws with her romance with Peter, the fault lies with Holland and his total vanilla personality, and not Zendaya.

I mean the two movies already built Holland's Peter, Zendaya's MJ, and Batalon's Ned as the three main leads, and now you are going to undercut that for what exactly.

And quite aside from the horrible racist message that would send. Neither MJ nor Peter nor Aunt May have to be white. They are characters with enough depth and shades to them, that it would still shine even if their visual design changed.

Gwen Stacy for instance, is purely a visual design, without any characterization to speak of, so maybe she should be white, and I think Norman and Harry should be white too since they represent an evil WASP family but that's about as far as it goes.
    I am fine with a race change for Mary Jane and Id like it if Zendaya’s charcter became more like Mary Jane, adopting her personality, name, and red hair. However, I feel like the current Michelle MJ is not a proper adaptation given all of the above differences, and in interviews it was stated she is not Mary Jane, and the initials are only a homage to Mary Jane. Knowing all this I feel we are missing out and the Mary Jane we know and love and she does not exist on the movies, which is disappointing.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post

Honestly, they should have doubled down on their vision for Zendaya's MJ and named the character Mary Jane. Instead we have this weird Michelle "homage" character so they could point and say "well this isn't really Mary Jane." I wouldn't be at all surprised if they introduced a Mary Jane at some point (as weird as it might be to have two different MJs in one continuity.)
    Last edited by Spider-Tiger; 01-16-2020 at 12:53 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    Honestly, they should have doubled down on their vision for Zendaya's MJ and named the character Mary Jane. Instead we have this weird Michelle "homage" character so they could point and say "well this isn't really Mary Jane." I wouldn't be at all surprised if they introduced a Mary Jane at some point (as weird as it might be to have two different MJs in one continuity.)
    Just have a line in the third movie that Michelle is a pseudonym and that her birth name is Mary Jane and add in a line about "didn't want any marijuana jokes" and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    Honestly, they should have doubled down on their vision for Zendaya's MJ and named the character Mary Jane. Instead we have this weird Michelle "homage" character so they could point and say "well this isn't really Mary Jane."
    Agreed, the fact that she is not officially Mary Jane really realiy bugs me. Its the most annoying thing to me about the new movies.