Page 25 of 79 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Voices From the Eyrie View Post
    Still the best animated MJ...

Attachment 96638
    Without a doubt, a true classic...

A faithful adaptation of a famous scene. Just one of many reasons people like Spectacular Spider-Man I guess.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    A faithful adaptation of a famous scene. Just one of many reasons people like Spectacular Spider-Man I guess.
    Yeah, it was also the last time they really did it. USM had it morphed into a Superhero debut and Marvel's Spider-Man didn't have it with her introduction.

I don't know if we'll hear it in the PS4 game. I think we'll be lucky if she calls him "Tiger" at all during the sequel.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Without a doubt, a true classic...

Indeed, though I should mention the 90s TAS adapted that scene as well, right after Spider-Man managed to beat Alistair Smythe's Spider-Slayers for the first time.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Indeed, though I should mention the 90s TAS adapted that scene as well, right after Spider-Man managed to beat Alistair Smythe's Spider-Slayers for the first time.
    I must admit had not seen that cartoon before ( seeing the MJ posting inspired me to go to Disney Plus and watch. I found it interesting that Felicia showed up in the cartoon before MJ did:

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I must admit had not seen that cartoon before ( seeing the MJ posting inspired me to go to Disney Plus and watch. I found it interesting that Felicia showed up in the cartoon before MJ did:
    Yeah, that was pretty interesting.

That's because Felicia was a composite character. Before she became Black Cat, she was basically Gwen Stacy by another name. And Gwen, of course, did appear before MJ in the comics (though MJ was mentioned before Gwen showed up).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

That's because Felicia was a composite character. Before she became Black Cat, she was basically Gwen Stacy by another name. And Gwen, of course, did appear before MJ in the comics (though MJ was mentioned before Gwen showed up).
    I thought that at first until I saw the mansion and the mother.

Astonishing Member

I thought that at first until I saw the mansion and the mother.
    Gwen Stacy wasn't a rich girl at all, but this version of Felicia Hardy was a try to prove something different in Spider-Man's universe without repeating exactly what was written in the comics; like Doctor Octopus being originally a teacher of Peter Parker before going bad.

They couldn't use Gwen Stacy in the series because of the censorship about the character's death in the comics; although the story was recycled and modified with Mary Jane instead. Her death was avoided with the excuse about MJ being trapped in a dimensional limbo. So, they decided to use Felicia Hardy as Parker's first love interest and they give her that blonde appearance. Eventually, when we reached the point of Felicia becoming the Black Cat, they used the excuse of the Captain America's Super-Soldier Serum to explain her transformation into her "platinum hair" version from the comics.

Eventually, when the series was about to end, they finally added Gwen Stacy when Parker visited an alternative reality. Since we were talking about an alternative reality, there was no reason to follow any previous "script". (I mean, Kingpin was Peter's lawyer and Uncle Ben was still alive).

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Gwen Stacy wasn't a rich girl at all, but this version of Felicia Hardy was a try to prove something different in Spider-Man's universe without repeating exactly what was written in the comics; like Doctor Octopus being originally a teacher of Peter Parker before going bad.

They couldn't use Gwen Stacy in the series because of the censorship about the character's death in the comics; although the story was recycled and modified with Mary Jane instead. Her death was avoided with the excuse about MJ being trapped in a dimensional limbo. So, they decided to use Felicia Hardy as Parker's first love interest and they give her that blonde appearance. Eventually, when we reached the point of Felicia becoming the Black Cat, they used the excuse of the Captain America's Super-Soldier Serum to explain her transformation into her "platinum hair" version from the comics.

Eventually, when the series was about to end, they finally added Gwen Stacy when Parker visited an alternative reality. Since we were talking about an alternative reality, there was no reason to follow any previous "script". (I mean, Kingpin was Peter's lawyer and Uncle Ben was still alive).
    And the key to saving all reality from Spider-Carnage, just by reaching out to the heart and soul of the real Peter Parker still inside him. Also, Mary Jane showed up in that last episode as kind of a throwback to her original comics' "party girl" characterization, since alternate reality and all.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

The Amazing Spider-Man #309 (November, 1988). Art by Todd McFarlane.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    The Amazing Spider-Man #309 (November, 1988). Art by Todd McFarlane.

I remember this one. Read it in the Amazing Spider-Man Epic Collection "Venom." Having checked it out, I really appreciated how she cleverly worked her way out of that dire situation.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I remember this one. Read it in the Amazing Spider-Man Epic Collection "Venom." Having checked it out, I really appreciated how she cleverly worked her way out of that dire situation.
    It was also one of the earliest covers I saw which noticeably strayed away from John Romita Sr.’s original face design for her, this face being the one I’m talking about.

^^^
    Awesome!

One of my all-time favorite issues of...

Marvel Saga

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    ^^^
    Awesome!

One of my all-time favorite issues of...

Marvel Saga

Thanks for sharing this. Really heartwarming stuff.