Page 27 of 79 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Indeed. That's the worst thing about stuff like this, the creeps come out of the woodwork to crow and validate themselves by tearing someone else, even a fictional someone else, down.
    On top of that, that Mary Jane is a fictional fictional character...she isn't even real in her own universe. That said, that scene was hilarious as an adult, and my favorite animated Mary Jane moment due to the absurdity. The only other animated Mary Jane moment that comes close is in the Spectacular series, which was full of them but the moment there that comes to mind is the scene where Sally Avril tries to humiliate MJ and she turns it around on Sally.

What are your favorite MJ moments in animation or movies?

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Off the top of my head:

- "Face it Tiger...you just hit the jackpot!" (okay, this is cheating, I know).

- Her telling off Eddie in Spectacular.

- Her remembering some science stuff Peter told her so she could make enough of a ruckus to get Peter's attention when she was being stalked by Hydro-Man.

- Her waiting for Peter at the dance and them sharing a slow dance in Spectacular.

- Her clone proclaiming how much the real Mary Jane must love Peter.

- MJ with a shotgun(?) in Web of Shadows.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    From the Raimi movies:
    -- The Upside-Down Kiss.
    -- MJ being there for Peter holding vigil over Aunt May.
    -- "Here I am standing in your doorway. Isn't it time someone saved your life?"

The Spectacular Spider-Man
    -- Her first meeting with Peter.
    -- Saving the last dance for him.
    -- Saving Spider-Man's life by rerouting the parade to create a landing for him at the end of S1.

Spider-Man Web of Shadows
    -- MJ and Luke Cage fight symbiote-zombies with shotguns.
    -- The Best ending with Spider-Man taking MJ swinging.

Spider-Man Into the Spider-Verse
    -- Her speech at the funeral.

Spider-Man PS4
    -- The entire Grand Central sequence where as a civilian she siccs Spider-Man on goons via comm-link.
    -- The Osborn Penthouse level.
    -- The ending.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Off the top of my head:

- "Face it Tiger...you just hit the jackpot!" (okay, this is cheating, I know).

- Her telling off Eddie in Spectacular.

- Her remembering some science stuff Peter told her so she could make enough of a ruckus to get Peter's attention when she was being stalked by Hydro-Man.

- Her waiting for Peter at the dance and them sharing a slow dance in Spectacular.

- Her clone proclaiming how much the real Mary Jane must love Peter.

- MJ with a shotgun(?) in Web of Shadows.
    And then evaporating into nothingness . . . much to Peter's (unprocessed) heartbreak and trauma. Clone or not, from his perspective, that would be the second time he couldn't save Mary Jane.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    From the Raimi movies:
    -- The Upside-Down Kiss.
    -- MJ being there for Peter holding vigil over Aunt May.
    -- "Here I am standing in your doorway. Isn't it time someone saved your life?"

The Spectacular Spider-Man
    -- Her first meeting with Peter.
    -- Saving the last dance for him.
    -- Saving Spider-Man's life by rerouting the parade to create a landing for him at the end of S1.

Spider-Man Web of Shadows
    -- MJ and Luke Cage fight symbiote-zombies with shotguns.
    -- The Best ending with Spider-Man taking MJ swinging.

Spider-Man Into the Spider-Verse
    -- Her speech at the funeral.

Spider-Man PS4
    -- The entire Grand Central sequence where as a civilian she siccs Spider-Man on goons via comm-link.
    -- The Osborn Penthouse level.
    -- The ending.
    Those are all great ones.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Oh, I forgot when MJ gives Peter a much needed pep talk before the final boss fight in the PS4 game. Complete with he finally calling him "Tiger."

I had a lot of issues with PS4!MJ but the relationship with Peter was probably the most true-to-character aspect of the whole game.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    MJ looking as stunning in a wedding dress as she did the first time .

BANNED

An actual avant-garde fashion designer created that dress. The African-American LGBT fashion designed Willi Smith who was afflicted with AIDS and this was his final design.

He enjoyed doing this.

An actual avant-garde fashion designer created that dress. The African-American LGBT fashion designed Willi Smith who was afflicted with AIDS and this was his final design.

He enjoyed doing this.
    Surprisingly significant wedding dress .

Remember in the early days of MCU Spider-Man, when Marvel/Sony vaguely acted like Zendaya's MJ/Michelle was a totally different character from Mary Jane?

Well, now Zendaya is claiming her MJ is the "recreated Mary Jane" who is "a new version of what the original Mary Jane represented".

Mary Jane/MJ discussion starts at the 59:35 point in the video

The best part of this interview though is that it is with trans actress MJ Rodriguez, who actually took her stage name from Mary Jane Watson and is a fan of the character. A sorta real life parallel of the "Jackpot" situation!
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 06-28-2020 at 11:58 AM.

He enjoyed doing this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Surprisingly significant wedding dress .
    They wrote him into The Wedding issue as well, which is probably the first instance of an openly gay "character" appearing in Marvel Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Remember in the early days of MCU Spider-Man, when Marvel/Sony vaguely acted like Zendaya's MJ/Michelle was a totally different character from Mary Jane?

Well, now Zendaya is claiming her MJ is the "recreated Mary Jane" who is "a new version of what the original Mary Jane represented".

The best part of this interview though is that it is with trans actress MJ Rodriguez, who actually took her stage name from Mary Jane Watson and is a fan of the character. A sorta real life parallel of the "Jackpot" situation!
    Well, at least we have an updated answer on this question. It always bugged me that they were replacing Mary Jane with a new character "Michelle" can calling her MJ, but if she is supposed to be MJ = Mary jane just for the MCU that makes it a bit more pallatable.

I just hope we see her start to act a little more like Mary Jane if that's who she is supposed to be, and maybe even get that name somehow in the next film (along with the iconic red hair, calling Peter tiger, etc....). I can dream can't I? I just want to see someone who feels a little more like MJ. Mabye the MCU MJ can have some character development towards that? Take an interest in theater?
    Last edited by Vortex85; 06-28-2020 at 02:56 PM.

I think most people had realized or figured that at this point she's a re-imagining of the character, down to the fact that she has a different name but the same nickname.

I guess she represents the girls of her era like the original MJ did?

That's cool about the stage name .
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    I just hope we see her start to act a little more like Mary Jane if that's who she is supposed to be, and maybe even get that name somehow in the next film (along with the iconic red hair, calling Peter tiger, etc....). I can dream can't I? I just want to see someone who feels a little more like MJ. Mabye the MCU MJ can have some character development towards that? Take an interest in theater?
    I'd love it if she shows some interest in theater...but I'll settle for her at least not becoming a reporter .

Mighty Member

Thank you for posting this! I'm a huge fan of Pose so this was a real treat for me.

I can appreciate their vision for a reimagined version of Mary Jane. I just wish they had the balls to call her Mary Jane.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    Thank you for posting this! I'm a huge fan of Pose so this was a real treat for me.

I can appreciate their vision for a reimagined version of Mary Jane. I just wish they had the balls to call her Mary Jane.
    I am one who disagrees. Mary Jones has as much in common with Mary Jane as the Yankees do with the Mets (Mary Jones is a 21st Century character who dates Peter and Mary Jane is a legendary character who has been around for over half a Century and was married to Peter, just like both the Yankees and Mets play baseball in New York but one has been around for over 100 years and has 27 Championships and the other half that time and only two). A well written Mary Jane is my favorite supporting character and they need to let Mary Jones be Mary Jones not Mary Jane.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 06-29-2020 at 05:27 AM.