Page 32 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    They did also cancelled Scream mid-arc and ending in a cliffhanger, so there's a precedent. Scream was a much lower seller than MJ, so there's that on MJ's favor.
    I think with MJ it was also likely going to end at #10 anyways so unless Williams didn't write a proper conclusion by that issue or Marvel was debating extending it again, I feel like they can at least satisfactorily release the last few issues.

MARY jANE, Black Widow, She HULK, Carol Danvers, Rogue; Summer art by Mark Brooks

https://twitter.com/MarkBrooksArt/st...48586584268801

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    MARY jANE, Black Widow, She HULK, Carol Danvers, Rogue; Summer art by Mark Brooks

https://twitter.com/MarkBrooksArt/st...48586584268801

That bikini .

I also love how She-Hulk's is basically just one of her normal costumes :P.

BANNED

Shouldn't Marvel be moving away from this kind of Sports Illustrated cheesecake stuff? To the extent it was defensible that time was the 80s and 90s.

Now this kind of stuff feels very much like the kind of thing that female creators and others complained about and tone deaf after the third wave of feminism.

Still glad that MJ is the only civilian woman among a group of supers.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Shouldn't Marvel be moving away from this kind of Sports Illustrated cheesecake stuff? To the extent it was defensible that time was the 80s and 90s.

Now this kind of stuff feels very much like the kind of thing that female creators and others complained about and tone deaf after the third wave of feminism.

This isn't an official Marvel thing. It's a fan piece Brooks did for fun last year.

Well, it's not an official piece done for Marvel but rather just something Mark Brooks did for fun. My mind springs to that issue of the Gwenpool mini-series where they were riffing on all the old swimsuit specials.

Edit: Frontier just beat me to it haha.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This isn't an official Marvel thing. It's a fan piece Brooks did for fun last year.
    Yup, plus, I like it. A fun little pic. *dodges to avoid pitchforks and bricks to the head*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Okay, I see it's a fan commission. I still think the artist should have thought about accepting the commission or at the very least sharing this on twitter.

Okay, I see it's a fan commission. I still think the artist should have thought about accepting the commission or at the very least sharing this on twitter.
    Why? They aren't nude, doing anything lewd, dressed in overly skimpy swimsuits, or in sexually suggestive poses. Sure, the pic is pure cheesecake, but it isn't tasteless titillating trash tier artwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Why? They aren't nude, doing anything lewd, dressed in overly skimpy swimsuits, or in sexually suggestive poses. Sure, the pic is pure cheesecake, but it isn't tasteless titillating trash tier artwork.
    Yeah, pinups and fanservice-y art is pretty common on twitter and social media.

For an artist like Brooks it seems, frankly, expected.

Last edited by juan678; 07-26-2020 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I'm not surprised. I am surprised it lasted ten issues. A series about a supporting character without superpowers or a dual identity has limited appeal, especially with books like Immortal Hulk, Venom, & X-Men firing on all cylinders. If the Marvel office wants MJ to be the next Spider-Gwen they (and we) know what they must do.
    Last edited by Celgress; 07-26-2020 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I'm not surprised. I am surprised it lasted ten issues. A series about a supporting character without superpowers or a dual identity has limited appeal, especially with books like Immortal Hulk, Venom, & X-Men firing on all cylinders. If the Marvel office wants MJ to be the next Spider-Gwen they (and we) know what they must do.
    I thought it was refreshing to see a book about a civilian character without trying to force them into a pair of tights. I don't think they want MJ to be the next Spider-Gwen.

BANNED

I thought it was refreshing to see a book about a civilian character without trying to force them into a pair of tights. I don't think they want MJ to be the next Spider-Gwen.
    Nor does she need to be.

Well, if they want her to be another character who can move mountains of merchandise they should. The days of the non-super heroine love interest are (thankfully) long gone, such characters will only ever have limited appeal. Even Lois Lane, due to her reporter gig, has more agency in her partner's world than does MJ. I see nothing but wasted potential here, but whatever, it's their choice.
    Last edited by Celgress; 07-26-2020 at 10:52 AM.