Page 33 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Nor does she need to be.
    Same could've been said about Flash and Yuri, but look what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Well, if they want her to be another character who can move mountains of merchandise they should. The days of the non-super heroine love interest are (thankfully) long gone, such characters will only ever have limited appeal. Even Lois Lane, due to her reporter gig, has more agency in her partner's world than does MJ. I see nothing but wasted potential here, but whatever, it's their choice.
    I would say all the merch and art that MJ gets without even being a Superhero is impressive in it's own right. I wouldn't accuse MJ of a lack of agency because she has her world and Peter has his and they make time for each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Same could've been said about Flash and Yuri, but look what happened.
    Yuri was barely a significant enough supporting character to begin with.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would say all the merch and art that MJ gets without even being a Superhero is impressive in it's own right. I wouldn't accuse MJ of a lack of agency because she has her world and Peter has his and they make time for each other....
    True, but, just think how much more popular she would be as a superheroine.

No doubt, by all indications she certainly is going to figure prominently in the Kindred storyline, oh, wait....

Edit - But all jokes aside, it is a cardinal sin that Fred the comedy relief semi-sidekick will probably get more screen time against Kindred than will MJ the love interest.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    True, but, just think how much more popular she would be as a superheroine.

No doubt, by all indications she certainly is going to figure prominently in the Kindred storyline, oh, wait....
    Would she be promoted more and have more merchandise as a Superhero? Probably. Do I think it would negate some of the characters appeal and her role in Peter's life? Yeah.

Her absence in the Kindred storyline is actually part of the plot and was meant to be paralleled by her having her own book.

Would she be promoted more and have more merchandise as a Superhero? Probably. Do I think it would negate some of the characters appeal and her role in Peter's life? Yeah.

Her absence in the Kindred storyline is actually part of the plot and was meant to be paralleled by her having her own book.
    We'll agree to disagree on this point. I think being a superheroine would add to her character rather than take away from it.

To me it seems more like an excuse to keep her out of the Kindred stuff so lesser characters like Fred will receive more page space, but, whatever.

Astonishing Member

Yuri was barely a significant enough supporting character to begin with.
    My point was that PS4 showed what Peter relationship could've been like if writers weren't so deadset on keeping him alone on everything.

I honestly expect anyone Peter becomes friends with to turn on him or die off by this point.

....I honestly expect anyone Peter becomes friends with to turn on him or die off by this point.
    LMAO, so do it, which is kind of sad.

My point was that PS4 showed what Peter relationship could've been like if writers weren't so deadset on keeping him alone on everything.

I honestly expect anyone Peter becomes friends with to turn on him or die off by this point.
    I mean, I think there should be a clear distinction between Peter's civilian and Superhero life. What's the point of being Peter Parker if he doesn't have anyone to hang out with as Peter Parker?

I think this came up recently in a comic as to why MJ is so important to him.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Figured this was coming after the pandemic caused Marvel to really scale back many of their projects.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I mean, I think there should be a clear distinction between Peter's civilian and Superhero life. What's the point of being Peter Parker if he doesn't have anyone to hang out with as Peter Parker?

Issue 44 of the current run, no less, which just came out . . . two weeks ago, I think.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Figured this was coming after the pandemic caused Marvel to really scale back many of their projects.
    So I'm just wondering if they're ever going to resolve the cliffhanger or what was going to happen in the book at all.

BANNED

So I'm just wondering if they're ever going to resolve the cliffhanger or what was going to happen in the book at all.
    Well I think it will be explained and summarized in ASM when MJ and Peter reunite and that'll be it.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

At the moment it's still on going and would wait till there's official word, but when they do bring her back would just have a small note if the events or just release the rest via digital

Astonishing Member

MJ will continue to play a big role in Peter’s life, and maybe just maybe I will get my wish and have the marriage restored. Why? Think about it. If Marvel wanted Peter to take a back seat to Spider-Man, he would have been leading ‘The Order Of The Web’ instead of Miles. I also think it was interesting that Felicia loses to MJ even in her own comic. Essentially there are two different Spider-Man comics. One for those who like more action and ( or) teenage issues ( maybe even more fantasy/horror type stories), that will be Miles. The other for those who prefer more traditional stories such as street level crime and more intimate and personal stories (with MJ playing an especially large role) and that will be Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    MJ will continue to play a big role in Peter’s life, and maybe just maybe I will get my wish and have the marriage restored. Why? Think about it. If Marvel wanted Peter to take a back seat to Spider-Man, he would have been leading ‘The Order Of The Web’ instead of Miles. I also think it was interesting that Felicia loses to MJ even in her own comic. Essentially there are two different Spider-Man comics. One for those who like more action and ( or) teenage issues ( maybe even more fantasy/horror type stories), that will be Miles. The other for those who prefer more traditional stories such as street level crime and more intimate and personal stories (with MJ playing an especially large role) and that will be Peter.
    Although I like your idea for the two different styles of Spider-Men, it will never happen. Marvel Editorial will never let Peter grow up again after how much trouble they went through to infantilize him via OMD. Broke perpetually in a rut Peter living with two equally teen-like/junior college-type roommates is the Peter they want.
    Last edited by Celgress; 07-26-2020 at 07:56 PM.