Page 34 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    MJ will continue to play a big role in Peter’s life, and maybe just maybe I will get my wish and have the marriage restored. Why? Think about it. If Marvel wanted Peter to take a back seat to Spider-Man, he would have been leading ‘The Order Of The Web’ instead of Miles. I also think it was interesting that Felicia loses to MJ even in her own comic. Essentially there are two different Spider-Man comics. One for those who like more action and ( or) teenage issues ( maybe even more fantasy/horror type stories), that will be Miles. The other for those who prefer more traditional stories such as street level crime and more intimate and personal stories (with MJ playing an especially large role) and that will be Peter.
    Well, to be fair, it was less her own comic (she was more of a co-star to Peter, or an antagonist with her name in the title) compared to her solo book.

If MJ pulled one over on Felicia in her current ongoing, that would be a bigger deal in my opinion (and I had my issues with the PS4 comic ending).

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Well, if they want her to be another character who can move mountains of merchandise they should. The days of the non-super heroine love interest are (thankfully) long gone, such characters will only ever have limited appeal. Even Lois Lane, due to her reporter gig, has more agency in her partner's world than does MJ. I see nothing but wasted potential here, but whatever, it's their choice.
    It's true, there's very few non-powered superhero love interests any more. The four main ones are Lois Lane (Superman), Iris West (Flash), Steve Trevor (Wonder Woman), and MJ (Spider-Man).

Think of some of the other major superheroes...

Batman's most recent love interest is Catwoman.
    Green Lantern Hal Jordan's is Carol Ferris, aka Star Sapphire.
    Martian Manhunter's is Hawkgirl.
    Captain America's is Sharon Carter, aka Agent 13 (no powers, but still not a civilian).
    Green Arrow's is Black Canary.
    Thor doesn't currently have a love interest but his former one Jane Foster is now a superhero herself as Valkyrie.
    Black Panther's is Storm.
    Iron Man's most recent was Wasp, and his original one is now Rescue.
    Hulk's main love interest became Red She-Hulk.
    Captain Marvel's is War Machine.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's true, there's very few non-powered superhero love interests any more. The four main ones are Lois Lane (Superman), Iris West (Flash), Steve Trevor (Wonder Woman), and MJ (Spider-Man).

Think of some of the other major superheroes...

Batman's most recent love interest is Catwoman.
    Green Lantern Hal Jordan's is Carol Ferris, aka Star Sapphire.
    Martian Manhunter's is Hawkgirl.
    Captain America's is Sharon Carter, aka Agent 13 (no powers, but still not a civilian).
    Green Arrow's is Black Canary.
    Thor doesn't currently have a love interest but his former one Jane Foster is now a superhero herself as Valkyrie.
    Black Panther's is Storm.
    Iron Man's most recent was Wasp, and his original one is now Rescue.
    Hulk's main love interest became Red She-Hulk.
    Captain Marvel's is War Machine.
    A couple of points: 1:,You forgot about Ben Grimm and Alicia. 2: Why does MJ live on when other non superpower love interests fell by the waste side? 2: Because she is a great character. Marvel does not have to jazz her up with superpowers ( although they can and it works ( Renee Your Vows)). 3: The final reason is Peter Parker. In Spencer’s Amazing, Pete is every bit as important ( if not more so), then Spider-Man. Without Pete, Spider-Man falls somewhere between Miles and Otto ( basically arrogant). Who is the person who keeps Peter grounded? MJ. Because only she knows how to handle both the Spider and the Man. Aunt May who helped raise Peter, knew she would ( despite her faults) knew she would be the best fit for Peter.

How often is Carol Ferris a Star Sapphire anyway? It seems to be an on-again/off-again thing (just like her relationship with Hal).

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    How often is Carol Ferris a Star Sapphire anyway? It seems to be an on-again/off-again thing (just like her relationship with Hal).
    As is her actual relevancy to the comics .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    As is her actual relevancy to the comics .
    She's also connected to Hal Jordan, aka The Worst Green Lantern.

(But we're getting off-topic here.)

She's also connected to Hal Jordan, aka The Worst Green Lantern.

(But we're getting off-topic here.)
    Hey, he's been voiced by Josh Keaton. I think that gives him some points with this fandom .

Hey, he's been voiced by Josh Keaton. I think that gives him some points with this fandom .
    And Carol Ferris has been voiced by Jennifer Hale, who has played Mary Jane, Black Cat, and Silver Sable across different Spider-Man releases.

And Carol Ferris has been voiced by Jennifer Hale, who has played Mary Jane, Black Cat, and Silver Sable across different Spider-Man releases.
    Kari Wahlgren (who has also voiced Carol Ferris) also played MJ and Gwen across two different movie-tie in games...and Laura Bailey played PS4!MJ and cartoon Gwen.

Kari Wahlgren (who has also voiced Carol Ferris) also played MJ and Gwen across two different movie-tie in games...and Laura Bailey played PS4!MJ and cartoon Gwen.
    I'm expecting Bailey to play MJ again in the PS5 Spider-Man sequel. (Not sure if she'll appear in the Miles Morales game they already announced. I've heard rumors that game is supposed to have a remaster of the PS4 game but can't confirm at this time.)
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 07-28-2020 at 02:44 AM.

I'm expecting Bailey to play MJ again in the PS5 Spider-Man sequel. (Not sure if she'll appear in the Miles Morales game they already announced. I've heard rumors that game is supposed to have a remaster of the PS4 game but can't confirm at this time.)
    I don't see any reason why they would recast, but I think she'll probably just be mentioned in the Miles game.

Extraordinary Member

It is just annoying to end the series without wrapping up the current arc.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Agreed, and they did the same thing with Scream: Curse of Carnage.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Yeah. I hope they can eventually release the rest of the series or we can at least find out what was going to happen/what Williams' plans were.

ASM will have to explain MJ's absence won't it? MJ needs to tell Peter why she didn't come home as expected.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman