Page 45 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I like the trilogy with the most important women in Peter's life MJ, Aunt May and Felicia, the last one in particular was a pretty good one. I also like the Eddie Brock althougth i find some of the charactherization there questionable.
    Same, especially agreeing when it comes to Felicia, as that was the last time she was characterized so well until Nick Spencer started writing Spider-Man and fixing so much of what got broken or damaged post-OMD.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mighty Member

Take this with a bucket of salt, but apparently there are rumors circulating that Sony wants to bring back Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane along with Dane Dehaan as Harry Osborn in future films. It's unclear if this would be for a multiverse mash-up or if they are pulling a J.K. Simmons and having the actors portray new versions of these characters for the MCU. It could also be for roles in one of the various Spider-man related side projects that Sony has been cooking up.

I doubt this is true, but if it were, how would you like to see Kirsten's Mary Jane handled? Personally, I think her showing up as Spinneret or a version of Spider-woman would be awesome given the amount of times she was damseled in the Raimi trilogy.
    Last edited by Spider-Tiger; 10-06-2020 at 11:30 AM.

Astonishing Member

I like the trilogy with the most important women in Peter's life MJ, Aunt May and Felicia, the last one in particular was a pretty good one. I also like the Eddie Brock althougth i find some of the charactherization there questionable.
    The JMS era was honestly when the three were at their most boring. They were essentially Peter's baggage and only existed to repeat Peter's thoughts to him.

Nothing made me more annoyed than when Spencer brought them back.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    The JMS era was honestly when the three were at their most boring. They were essentially Peter's baggage and only existed to repeat Peter's thoughts to him.

I wasn't talking about JMS, i was talking about Sacassa, his take wasn't the same. Althougth i definetly don't feel the same way that you do about his run.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

They were definitely his most central relationships in the run, but I didn't think of them as mirrors for Peter's thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They were definitely his most central relationships in the run, but I didn't think of them as mirrors for Peter's thoughts.
    I couldn't agree with you more. I loved that aspect of the run , I was sad when OMD seemingly destroyed their dynamic forever.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    Take this with a bucket of salt, but apparently there are rumors circulating that Sony wants to bring back Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane along with Dane Dehaan as Harry Osborn in future films. It's unclear if this would be for a multiverse mash-up or if they are pulling a J.K. Simmons and having the actors portray new versions of these characters for the MCU. It could also be for roles in one of the various Spider-man related side projects that Sony has been cooking up.

I doubt this is true, but if it were, how would you like to see Kirsten's Mary Jane handled? Personally, I think her showing up as Spinneret or a version of Spider-woman would be awesome given the amount of times she was damseled in the Raimi trilogy.
    Kinda think it's be cool to get a glimpse of the Raimi characters after the original trilogy ended.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post

I want to see Mayday. I have made no secret that I think the aesthetics of the Raimi films would work wonderfully for Spider-Girl.

It's been long enough for Tobey's Spidey to have a kid now too.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I want to see Mayday. I have made no secret that I think the aesthetics of the Raimi films would work wonderfully for Spider-Girl.
    A grand idea.

Goodness knows we'll likely never see Mayday (or her sisters or brothers) in the official 616 continuity (child or otherwise).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    A grand idea.

Goodness knows we'll likely never see Mayday (or her sisters or brothers) in the official 616 continuity (child or otherwise).
    You'd be amazed how many people are happy about that.

And how many are not, but to each their own.

Who are these people? Seriously, who are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Who are these people? Seriously, who are they?
    Eh you know how we fans are, we all have our own preferences and ideal versions of the characther i for example don't like Spider-Man having anything but a cordial relationship with Iron Man at best, but how many think the contrary?, i dislike HulkGoblin from Ultimate Marvel but he has fans, etc, a kid wouldn't fit in their ideal vision of Spider-Man for some, still thougth, we really don't have a way to know how many think like that thougth. I don't think that it matters much either, Marvel at the end does whatever they want and if the choosen direction keep giving then money, they'll stick with it.
    Last edited by TheCape; 10-09-2020 at 02:46 PM.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Eh you know how we fans are, we all have our own preferences and ideal versions of the characther i for example don't like Spider-Man having anything but a cordial relationship with Iron Man at best, but how many think the contrary?, i dislike HulkGoblin from Ultimate Marvel but he has fans, etc, a kid wouldn't fit in their ideal vision of Spider-Man for some, still thougth, we really don't have a way to know how many think like that thougth. I don't think that it matters much either, Marvel at the end does whatever they want and if the choosen direction keep giving then money, they'll stick with it.
    Point taken.