Page 46 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I want to see Mayday. I have made no secret that I think the aesthetics of the Raimi films would work wonderfully for Spider-Girl.
    Or Renew Your Vows with Annie May.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    A grand idea.

Goodness knows we'll likely never see Mayday (or her sisters or brothers) in the official 616 continuity (child or otherwise).
    Mayday in 616 would require a retcon. Remember, she first appeared in What If, the issue asked What if Spider-Man's daughter had lived? Instead of being miscarried.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

And they barely acknowledge the miscarriage nowadays to begin with...

Astonishing Member

Like I said, MJ and the baby were martyrs.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Mayday in 616 would require a retcon. Remember, she first appeared in What If, the issue asked What if Spider-Man's daughter had lived? Instead of being miscarried.
    Well, after OMD, anything is possible retcon wise. I'm sure Editorial could pull something out of their collective ass if they wanted.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Well, after OMD, anything is possible retcon wise. I'm sure Editorial could pull something out of their collective ass if they wanted.
    Oh well. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Oh well. Get over it.
    Never, Never, Never, OMD was an abomination of nonsensical storytelling that literally threw every major character in 616 Marvel under the bus, all so a group of grown-ass men could relive their childhood. I'm still deeply offended by the idiocy involved which shattered long-established norms of in-universe logic.

Edit - Why praytell should I "get over it" when it has adversely affected my enjoyment of 616 Spider-Man for over a decade now? It isn't like "Sins Past" a bad story that can be ignored. Everything that has transpired since flows directly from this travesty.
    Last edited by Celgress; 10-11-2020 at 08:56 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

And What If? Vol.1 #30 asked 'What if Spider-Man's Clone Lived?'. So there's precedent. In fact, it makes more sense (assuming for the sake of argument that OMD has been reverted), because Ben had a whole bunch of tests run on him in 616 that a) was supposed to have determined who was the real clone (so while Peter never looked at it, he could have just asked Connors for the results, or heck to just run another test!) and b) should probably have detected that he was in fact still alive. With Baby May, we never had a body, and the only person who said the baby died (and was in a position to know) is Norman Osborn, who of course would absolutely never mislead people for his own ends.

I seem to recall that DeFalco was actually planning to bring the baby back and was dropping hints to that effect(with Kaine retrieving a mysterious package from the Scriers, and a dying Alison Mongrain- who'd been shown buying a crib - showing up to tell MJ 'May is alive') but he got bumped in favour in Byrne who decided to bring back Aunt May instead.

Just say that Aunt May got hurriedly resurrected by Norman to be a decoy while he smuggled the baby to Europe or whatever (so you do away with the 'genetically modified actress' plot point and just say she got amnesia from the procedure, explaining her character regression), then Peter finds and rescues her. Boom, the Parkers have a kid and they don't need to do another pregnancy storyline.

Eh, back then it was left ambiguous if their baby died or not, we certanly know that Norman told that to Peter, but is not impossible to imagine that he was lying.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And they barely acknowledge the miscarriage nowadays to begin with...
    Because of OMD the misscarriage isn't canon anymore, the Clone Saga happened in a different way. So much fir wanting to break the couple without changing continuity lol.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

The miscarriage was something they were downplaying long before OMD. Even JMS never addressed it in his run. JMS didn't even address her kidnapping by the stalker either.

And there are more references to the former than the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    The miscarriage was something they were downplaying long before OMD. Even JMS never addressed it in his run. JMS didn't even address her kidnapping by the stalker either.

And there are more references to the former than the latter.
    Oh i know, but at least they referenced it, small as it was. I was just comenting in the fact that technically speaking it isn't even canon anymore.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member

Never, Never, Never, OMD was an abomination of nonsensical storytelling that literally threw every major character in 616 Marvel under the bus, all so a group of grown-ass men could relive their childhood. I'm still deeply offended by the idiocy involved which shattered long-established norms of in-universe logic.

Edit - Why praytell should I "get over it" when it has adversely affected my enjoyment of 616 Spider-Man for over a decade now? It isn't like "Sins Past" a bad story that can be ignored. Everything that has transpired since flows directly from this travesty.
    If you don't get over it, you'll just keep on making the same mistakes over and over again like Peter does.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Oh i know, but at least they referenced it, small as it was. I was just comenting in the fact that technically speaking it isn't even canon anymore.
    Well it's contradictory. Quesada says it isn't. Brevoort says it is. Quesada as EIC (at the time) had last say then. But he's not EIC anymore, so what he (once) said has no more weight and value.

Mighty Member

Not sure if/how any of the Baby May stuff actually happened now given that OMD altered the timeline. Otherwise, bringing May into 616 would be fairly simple given that it was suggested that Norman took the baby.