Page 47 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    If you don't get over it, you'll just keep on making the same mistakes over and over again like Peter does.
    LOL, nice non-answer, but I expected nothing less than a dismissive snark remark so hey it is what it is. Although your snark reply does not even work on that level as I'm a person who you know next to nothing about not a fictional character flawed by an overwhelming guilt complex due to an editorial mandate. Besides, 616 Peter might be obsessive but he has also saved countless lives through his determination.

I won't drag this thread down into yet another endless OMD discourse, so, yeah, bye...
    Last edited by Celgress; 10-11-2020 at 12:00 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    LOL, nice non-answer, but I expected nothing less than a dismissive snark remark so hey it is what it is. Although your snark reply does not even work on that level as I'm a person who you know next to nothing about not a fictional character flawed by an overwhelming guilt complex due to an editorial mandate. Besides, 616 Peter might be obsessive but he has also saved countless lives through his determination.

I won't drag this thread down into yet another endless OMD discourse, so, yeah, bye...
    That only makes your rants even less meaningful.

That only makes your rants even less meaningful.
    Thanks for a hearty laugh, I needed one today and your second non-answer provided it, good job.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Thanks for a hearty laugh, I needed one today and your second non-answer provided it, good job.
    Look at it this way J.J., if OMD never happened, you'd have nothing to rant about, and your life would be empty.

Look at it this way J.J., if OMD never happened, you'd have nothing to rant about, and your life would be empty.
    Nah, my life would be filled with happiness, rainbows, lollipops, and unicorns. There would never be a rainy day or a grey cloud in the sky. *sigh if only*

Get a room you two lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Who are these people? Seriously, who are they?
    I mean, we have those people who don't want Spidey being aged up to the point they don't like him being married to begin with, imagine having a kid, so yeah, May being away from 616 does make them happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    And What If? Vol.1 #30 asked 'What if Spider-Man's Clone Lived?'. So there's precedent. In fact, it makes more sense (assuming for the sake of argument that OMD has been reverted), because Ben had a whole bunch of tests run on him in 616 that a) was supposed to have determined who was the real clone (so while Peter never looked at it, he could have just asked Connors for the results, or heck to just run another test!) and b) should probably have detected that he was in fact still alive. With Baby May, we never had a body, and the only person who said the baby died (and was in a position to know) is Norman Osborn, who of course would absolutely never mislead people for his own ends.
    But Ben actually died and only came back months before Clone Conspiracy, so at least Marvel is weirdly consistent about this.

I seem to recall that DeFalco was actually planning to bring the baby back and was dropping hints to that effect(with Kaine retrieving a mysterious package from the Scriers, and a dying Alison Mongrain- who'd been shown buying a crib - showing up to tell MJ 'May is alive') but he got bumped in favour in Byrne who decided to bring back Aunt May instead.

Just say that Aunt May got hurriedly resurrected by Norman to be a decoy while he smuggled the baby to Europe or whatever (so you do away with the 'genetically modified actress' plot point and just say she got amnesia from the procedure, explaining her character regression), then Peter finds and rescues her. Boom, the Parkers have a kid and they don't need to do another pregnancy storyline.
    That would have the problem of Peter being a deadbeat father, which is part of the reason Sins Past was refused to have him as the father.

Also Norman just being able to resurrect aunt May just like that would be dumb, but I guess less dumb than that fucking actress ****.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Get a room you two lol.

I mean, we have those people who don't want Spidey being aged up to the point they don't like him being married to begin with, imagine having a kid, so yeah, May being away from 616 does make them happy.

But Ben actually died and only came back months before Clone Conspiracy, so at least Marvel is weirdly consistent about this.

That would have the problem of Peter being a deadbeat father, which is part of the reason Sins Past was refused to have him as the father.

Also Norman just being able to resurrect aunt May just like that would be dumb, but I guess less dumb than that fucking actress ****.
    Come to think of it, they could just repeat that with Harry Osborn to explain how he came back at the end of OMD; instead of "faking his death," he died for real, but Norman managed to get his body smuggled out and then reanimated. If he could do it for Barney "Trickshot" Barton so his second Dark Avengers team would have a Hawkeye, of all things, then why not do it for his own son?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post

I was talking about how Ben was brought back from the dead in the 90s. As per the original clone saga in the 70s, he died, which is what that What If? used as a point of divergence.

As to the other point - I don't think you'd count Peter as a deadbeat in the scenario I outlined - Peter & MJ would be back together, and I think having Peter believing Mayday was dead is a reasonable justification. Then you can quietly shuffle that bit under the rug, like how both Mary Jane & Aunt May died.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Come to think of it, they could just repeat that with Harry Osborn to explain how he came back at the end of OMD; instead of "faking his death," he died for real, but Norman managed to get his body smuggled out and then reanimated. If he could do it for Barney "Trickshot" Barton so his second Dark Avengers team would have a Hawkeye, of all things, then why not do it for his own son?
    That'd make sense, it'd certainly be a better explanation than "The Goblin formula resurrected me, even though it's what killed me in the first place!"

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    I was talking about how Ben was brought back from the dead in the 90s. As per the original clone saga in the 70s, he died, which is what that What If? used as a point of divergence.
    Oh right, my bad, had forgotten about that one.

As to the other point - I don't think you'd count Peter as a deadbeat in the scenario I outlined - Peter & MJ would be back together, and I think having Peter believing Mayday was dead is a reasonable justification. Then you can quietly shuffle that bit under the rug, like how both Mary Jane & Aunt May died.
    I mean, you couldn't possibly call Peter a deadbeat parent if Gabriel and Sarah were his kids either since he wasn't aware of them, but Marvel didn't want them to be his kids partially because of that, it's very dumb, but hey, Marvel be like that.

Astonishing Member

Mainstream superheroes like Superman, Batman, and Spider-Man wouldn't be caught dead actually raising children and having them grow up realistically. That's just silly.

/s

I'm half joking, obviously. The only reason why they were able to get away with Benjy being a kid was because the focus was on Mayday and not necessarily her parents. That's always annoying.

I'm a bit behind reading the main Spidey book (trade waiting). Is MJ back in that after her book got canceled or is she still "away"? Please no spoilers, just that specific info.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    I'm a bit behind reading the main Spidey book (trade waiting). Is MJ back in that after her book got canceled or is she still "away"? Please no spoilers, just that specific info.
    She's still "away." She doesn't come back until the tail end of Last Rites, it seems.

Thanks, Frontier!

Mainstream superheroes like Superman, Batman, and Spider-Man wouldn't be caught dead actually raising children and having them grow up realistically. That's just silly.

/s

I'm half joking, obviously. The only reason why they were able to get away with Benjy being a kid was because the focus was on Mayday and not necessarily her parents. That's always annoying.
    they are so lame I actually like it when my heroes in manga series get a chance to grow up.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

/s

Renew Your Vows says hello.