Page 49 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    oh ok i dont really mind if she has powers or not. I did like how it worked in Renew Your Vows though
    But I also agree that MJ is a very physically attractive woman. She is the total package: hot, smart, and capable of kicking butt (when need be). If I had any influence at Marvel/Disney her as Iron Spider (or failing that as Spinneret) would receive a mega push. *sigh if only*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I wonder where Mj is ranked in the universe in terms of attractiveness and how big of a celebrity she really is? And who would be her real life counterpart as a celebrity? Cause when I see that Peter is supposed to be relatable this is like the one area where I dont see it
    I think she usually ranks pretty high as far as the most attractive women in the Marvel Universe, especially for a civilian, and she's got a decent reputation as a model and celebrity that people can recognize her on the street or from her name alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think she usually ranks pretty high as far as the most attractive women in the Marvel Universe, especially for a civilian, and she's got a decent reputation as a model and celebrity that people can recognize her on the street or from her name alone.
    oh ok thought so. Well Peter got it good
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

oh ok thought so. Well Peter got it good
    Peter essentially lucked out in college...more than once .

Today Mary Jane Zombie "eat" Peter in the last page Marvel Zombies resurrection

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    she just open her mouth
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    she just open her mouth
    The next/last issue is gonna be a real heartbreaker.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I wonder where Mj is ranked in the universe in terms of attractiveness and how big of a celebrity she really is? And who would be her real life counterpart as a celebrity? Cause when I see that Peter is supposed to be relatable this is like the one area where I dont see it
    Seems like in '70s and '80s stories she was doing relatively well. I kinda got the idea that she wasn't as famous as someone like Megan Fox, though. No idea how far she advanced in the current run, although I kinda get the idea that he public presence fluxes per the needs of the story.

I think what keeps the relationship (dating or marriage) relatable is that their private lives are down to earth and they have the usual challenges any relationship experiences filtered through the superhero genre (like how the RYV story where MJ get the Venom symbote was kickstarted by her feeling like she's unbalanced in the taking/giving in regards to her family and marriage). While it does have the surface level detail of being the "guy got the girl out of his league" that's a common piece of vicarious writing in high school fiction (about as common as the guy getting together with the cute girl next door best friend instead) -- esp. since they met in college -- I think the fact that they were both established to have their own hangups and that it was an imperfect situation like all real relationships are did help (heck, MJ was never supposed to have been anything other then a red herring).

Course, I was introduced to Spidey through the Raimi movies and Ultimate comics, which had a take on the Peter/MJ relationship where MJ didn't have the "out of his league" status that the 616 version started out in the social structure and was not famous by a long shot, so I may kinda take them as a couple for granted in terms of making sense.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Read the letters section on ASM 50 and the Spidey Office are such trolls when it comes to MJ. LOL.

Someone says they miss seeing her in the book Lowe responds "Mary Jane is gone, never to return! It's been nice knowing her. And that's all the time we have right now."

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Read the letters section on ASM 50 and the Spidey Office are such trolls when it comes to MJ. LOL.

Someone says they miss seeing her in the book Lowe responds "Mary Jane is gone, never to return! It's been nice knowing her. And that's all the time we have right now."
    Yeah, I don't find this sort of thing funny given the baggage from OMD , but to each their own. After all, I'm no longer reading Amazing or related material so I don't have any skin in the game.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Yeah, I don't find this sort of thing funny given the baggage from OMD , but to each their own. After all, I'm no longer reading Amazing or related material so I don't have any skin in the game.
    I think she would have been back from her trip by now but they planned the Amazing Mary Jane for 10 issues and it got canceled so they didn't have time to work her back into the story sooner. She'll be back during this Last Remains arc according to the solicits so it was all in jest.

Also note that Nick celibrated MJ's return and presence in the book in previous letters and also talked about how so many in the office love her, so it's not malicious like it used to be under the Brand New Day team / Slott days.

I think she would have been back from her trip by now but they planned the Amazing Mary Jane for 10 issues and it got canceled so they didn't have time to work her back into the story sooner. She'll be back during this Last Remains arc according to the solicits so it was all in jest.

Also note that Nick celibrated MJ's return and presence in the book in previous letters and also talked about how so many in the office love her, so it's not malicious like it used to be under the Brand New Day team / Slott days.
    There was art from the new artist that showed her and Peter together so I'm kind of wondering how everything was going to jive together and what the plot of her book was going to end on.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There was art from the new artist that showed her and Peter together so I'm kind of wondering how everything was going to jive together and what the plot of her book was going to end on.
    Hopefully some of that story gets explained in ASM since the solo series was canceled. It would suck to have it just ignored and her be back like nothing happened.

Hopefully some of that story gets explained in ASM since the solo series was canceled. It would suck to have it just ignored and her be back like nothing happened.
    I'm curious to see how things with the movie ultimately shake out.

I'm not sure if we'll ever find out what Williams' endgame was...

Astonishing Member