Page 6 of 79 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I see it as an Easter egg. In any case, I guess I see the whole "MJ should've been in the MCU version" like how I see the "Gwen Stacy should've been a major love interest instead of a minor diversion" in the Raimi movies; neither series is telling the story of MJ/Gwen and Peter's relationship. There have been many different tellings in the past, there will be more in the future. While I may prefer the Raimi movies a bit more due to Mary Jane being a lead character in them, I guess I think it's fine if the MCU does their own thing in the here and now.
    I think making it her de-facto name in the movies makes it more then an Easter Egg.
    The cartoon? I think that's kind of a updated, improved version of the early 616 ASM comics, at least how I see it. Since I preferred the Ultimate iteration to 616, that's why I was hoping that they'd skewer more to that then not.
    It's more of an update on the entire Spider-Man mythos. I mean, they even use elements from Ultimate (although I don't think we needed mutant lion man Kraven).
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Until the final season, where she reemerged as the final host of the Carnage symbiote, which she ultimately retained to become the Ultimate Spider-Woman, joining Peter and the rest of the Web Warriors in crimefighting. That said, she was definitely marginalized after the first season, to the point that the only time she appeared in Season 3 was an A/U version, from the reality of Spider-Man Noir, and that one got killed offscreen in Season 4's Spider-Verse arc, which was a damned shame.
    The real shame is that they needed to give her powers to actually make her relevant on that show. And she still barely got to do anything since the show was practically over by then.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think making it her de-facto name in the movies makes it more then an Easter Egg.

It's more of an update on the entire Spider-Man mythos. I mean, they even use elements from Ultimate (although I don't think we needed mutant lion man Kraven).

The real shame is that they needed to give her powers to actually make her relevant on that show. And she still barely got to do anything since the show was practically over by then.
    Yeah, that's a good point.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Maybe?

Kraven as a mutant does kinda fight the science-gone-wrong theme of the mythos then a guy using functional mysticism and magic?

Sure the series borrowed from everything, but it seems like most of the content was reworking old 616 stuff, eps. in relation to Peter himself.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Kraven as a mutant does kinda fight the science-gone-wrong theme of the mythos then a guy using functional mysticism and magic?
    It just didn't fit the character in my opinion. Kraven is more about amplifying his natural, human, abilities as this ultimate hunter and I just don't think it was expressed as well as a mutant lion man. He's cooler without that stuff.
    Sure the series borrowed from everything, but it seems like most of the content was reworking old 616 stuff, eps. in relation to Peter himself.
    Every adaption does that, even Ultimate in it's own way, but Spec also took inspiration from other adaptions so I don't view it as purely 616 even if it was very faithful to 616 where it counted.

It just didn't fit the character in my opinion. Kraven is more about amplifying his natural, human, abilities as this ultimate hunter and I just don't think it was expressed as well as a mutant lion man. He's cooler without that stuff.

Every adaption does that, even Ultimate in it's own way, but Spec also took inspiration from other adaptions so I don't view it as purely 616 even if it was very faithful to 616 where it counted.
    Okay.

10char
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    The women in Peter's life really are killing him in this one .

AMAZING MARY JANE #7
    Leah Williams (W) • Carlos Gómez (A) • Cover by Paulo Siqueira

THE SPOTLIGHT BECOMES A TARGET!

• Disaster strikes while Mary Jane is promoting her (and Mysterio’s) big movie!
    • Is this terrible luck or part of someone’s dark design?!
    • It’ll take some drastic measures to keep her safe! We’re about to put MJ waaaaay out of her comfort zone…

32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

AMAZING MARY JANE #7

• It’ll take some drastic measures to keep her safe! We’re about to put MJ waaaaay out of her comfort zone…

32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Cool cover!

The solicit and cover definitely have me intrigued on this one...

AMAZING MARY JANE #7

32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Sounds like someone is specifically targeting MJ...either Kindred, or regarding the movie, or maybe specifically against her.

I wonder if Peter will actually show up?

Sounds like someone is specifically targeting MJ...either Kindred, or regarding the movie, or maybe specifically against her.

I wonder if Peter will actually show up?
    Well, it does show him on the cover, if that is him, so it may very well be... unless it's one of those misleading covers. It might make sense to have Spider-Man in the Mary Jane book as a supporting character since she's back in New York. HAHA, that's actually pretty funny to have a Mary Jane book with Spider-Man as a supporting chracter.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Well, it does show him on the cover, if that is him, so it may very well be... unless it's one of those misleading covers. It might make sense to have Spider-Man in the Mary Jane book as a supporting character since she's back in New York. HAHA, that's actually pretty funny to have a Mary Jane book with Spider-Man as a supporting chracter.
    A team-up would be fun .

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    That really is Peter on the cover, those yellow lines surrounding his face are Spider-Sense indicators.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That really is Peter on the cover, those yellow lines surrounding his face are Spider-Sense indicators.
    Although covers are notoriously misleading at times...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, that's a good point.
    In USM, Mary Jane didn't need powers to be relevant. The problem here is that Peter Parker had, at some degree, became the "tutor" of SHIELD's young recruits (Nova, White Tiger, Power Man and Iron Fist), and that put aside Peter's regular cast aside. Besides, for some stupid reason, in these series they wanted to avoid any "romantic stuff", which is a stupidity. I mean, how can you write a story with teenagers and the main characters but make them ignore their "hormones". If they have allowed romantic elements in the series, MJ could have become more regular. Besides, if the Green Goblin would have learnt Peter's identity before, quite sure both Aunt May and Mary Jane would have be more in danger.

Finally, I personally have nothing against MJ having powers, but I definitely didn't like the source of her powers being the Carnage's symbiote. Many compared her to Flash as Agent Venom, but Carnage is a way worst symbiote that Venom ever was, so I don't see possible for something good coming out of it. Maybe Toxin, or any other symbiote, but definitely, not Carnage. Also, haven't noticed what they tried with this incarnation of MJ as Spider-Woman? She was actually a living reference to May "Mayday" Parker, Peter and MJ's daugther in MC2. Mayday has Peter's powers and brain, along with MJ's personality. Also, MJ's costume was based on Mayday's costumes too. You didn't notice it?