Page 65 of 79 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast

My favorite is still Ron Frenz MJ personally, is probably not thr best, but i always haf a soft spot for that one.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    My favorite is still Ron Frenz MJ personally, is probably not thr best, but i always haf a soft spot for that one.
    I actually love Ron Frenz MJ as well as Sal Buscema. I think both of them draw her kinda in the same style. I dig both.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Whenever someone says a drawing is "cheesecake", I tend to really like it. Maybe it's just the style I'm into.
    To each their own...but I prefer the kind of character art and design where you see a range of emotions and depth. And Gomez doesn't have that, compared to others.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Frenz's Mary Jane in his run with Tom Defalco is an extended take on Mary Jane as a dramatic character. I mean a more serious MJ, a slightly sadder MJ than the one that existed before. She was still recognizably the same character but a little older and more guarded, and his take on her was much more serious and respectful than anyone before or since.

https://www.chasingamazingblog.com/w...ASM-259-04.jpg

It's a bit like when Tom Hanks goes from comedy to a serious role. Not that Mary Jane never had dramatic moments before (she did famously in the epilogue of ASM#122 and many times in Conway's run) but Frenz took it a step further.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I dunno...Gomez makes MacFarlane look restrained. It felt a little too cheesecake for my liking.
    I like to think it's more "glamorous" than cheesecake.
    Whenever someone says a drawing is "cheesecake", I tend to really like it. Maybe it's just the style I'm into.

Gomez's MJ is gorgeous.

In fact I'm glad you said something because you made me look it up and see if he had any new pieces and I found this beauty based on the 90's cartoon outfit!

I always have a soft spot for 90's MJ, especially in that sweater and tight purple pants. Gomez draws it really well.
    To each their own...but I prefer the kind of character art and design where you see a range of emotions and depth. And Gomez doesn't have that, compared to others.
    Having read Amazing Mary Jane and seen the depth of emotion between MJ and Beck (especially how volatile Beck and the situation gets and how MJ reacts to it), I'd say Gomez does a great job .

Well, maybe people just pick and choose what they remember. I think because the movie starts with her ranting and raving how amazing Spider-Man is. I've seen a lot of people (non-comic readers) have that misconception about those movies and have projected it on MJ's character in general without knowing any better.
    Still, only one movie to two movies focusing on that (although I suppose her ending up with the guy who turns out to be Spider-Man after all kinda muddies the perception a bit?).

Also in the sequel she tries the upside down kiss with John Jameson to try to reproduce her kiss with Spidey making it seem like that's who she wants.
    Oh, you're right. Can see that, although since the very next scene is her trying to probe if Peter still loves her (and being pretty broken-hearted when he says "no") kinda redirects things away from Spider-Man.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-comics-so...february-2021/

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #60
    NICK SPENCER (W) • MARK BAGLEY (A/C)
    Peter and Mary Jane have been through so much…
    Spider-Man has been a constant strain on them from day one…
    With the events of the past few months, is there anything left?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Well, I mean, comparatively the past few months haven't been that bad for MJ aside from the whole Savage Six thing.

I don't think anyone is really in the mood for a breakup story. Maybe Peter will be mad about the Mysterio thing if that finally comes out.

I just want MJ to be a regular in the book again.

......is Peter going to propose?

Mighty Member

Isn't Mary Jane's abusive father a bookworm instead of an alcoholic? (not being an alcoholic but being abusive is kind of a rare thing in the Marvel universe...we need some AA meetings)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I mean, comparatively the past few months haven't been that bad for MJ aside from the whole Savage Six thing.

I don't think anyone is really in the mood for a breakup story. Maybe Peter will be mad about the Mysterio thing if that finally comes out.

I just want MJ to be a regular in the book again.
    Most people do except the Felicia or Gwen shippers and those who like the work of Slott and Quesada

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    ......is Peter going to propose?
    You know the composition of that cover is similar to this famous Bill Sinkiewicz poster for the wedding.

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/up...%20wedding.jpg

Mighty Member

You know the composition of that cover is similar to this famous Bill Sinkiewicz poster for the wedding.

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/up...%20wedding.jpg
    Good eye! Definitely looks like an homage. Hoping for the best.

If we do get a proposal and engagement, I wonder if the Mysterio stuff would mess that up or the actual wedding. Or Kindred would personally.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Most people do except the Felicia or Gwen shippers and those who like the work of Slott and Quesada
    Which is the group you have to worry most about. They have the power to instantly derail any long-term romantic reunion on a childish whim.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."