Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 29697576777879
Results 1,171 to 1,181 of 1181

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I'm just going to say that I'm in the minority in that I really really like it.

The radioactive semen being the cause of MJ's death is weird and it certainly has its flaws.

But I for one found the story really compelling and memorable. It's not for everyone but it certainly worked for me.
    Granted Spidey has always been a character of tragedy but this was too much, IMO. The ending of Peter in this What if? was beyond depressing. Reign was one of the few comic books that legit was uncomfortable for me to read and not in a good way (see Immortal Hulk or certain issues of Current/Hickman's X-Men for a contrasting good uncomfortable experience).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Granted Spidey has always been a character of tragedy but this was too much, IMO. The ending of Peter in this What if? was beyond depressing. Reign was one of the few comic books that legit was uncomfortable for me to read and not in a good way (see Immortal Hulk or certain issues of Current/Hickman's X-Men for a contrasting good uncomfortable experience).
    So it was wayyyy to dark?

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    So it was wayyyy to dark?
    Oh yeah, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy toooooooooooooooooo dark and depressing for my tastes.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Oh yeah, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy toooooooooooooooooo dark and depressing for my tastes.
    Kinda like how I feel. The story was a bit too depressing.but I do like the page were Mary Jane shows up to encourage Peter

Astonishing Member

The whole thing about "radioactive guy who poisons his love interest" was already used with Hulk, when people thought his gamma energy poisoned Betty Ross; but it turned out it was actually a trick from Abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    The whole thing about "radioactive guy who poisons his love interest" was already used with Hulk, when people thought his gamma energy poisoned Betty Ross; but it turned out it was actually a trick from Abomination.
    It was also used in Watchmen with Dr. Manhattan, but Jon's ex wife only got cancer from something else, 'cause Ozymandias wanted to trick him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    It was also used in Watchmen with Dr. Manhattan, but Jon's ex wife only got cancer from something else, 'cause Ozymandias wanted to trick him.
    Yeah, but here we are talking about Marvel, so I didn't think about Watchmen or any other DC's material.

Didn't MJ die of cancer too in Earth X?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Didn't MJ die of cancer too in Earth X?
    Instead of getting mutated like (almost) everyone else on the planet in Earth X.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Instead of getting mutated like (almost) everyone else on the planet in Earth X.
    I don't remember much of the details....what happened

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I don't remember much of the details....what happened
    That's pretty much it. She died of cancer contracted from the Terrigen Mists spreading throughout the planet instead of getting superpowers from it like damn near the rest of the (formerly) non-superpowered populace. Drove a real wedge between Peter and their daughter May, who bonded with (and actually tamed) the Venom symbiote, though they made peace when Peter helped save her from being mind-controlled by an evil young telepath calling himself the Skull (after the Red Skull).

That aside, anyone read ASM 54.LR? MJ gets a pretty awesomely hard-hitting moment in that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.