Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Moira MacTaggert: Moira X Appreciation 2020

Last edited by myownlittleusername; 01-04-2020 at 11:47 AM.

Paul O'Brien on x-axis started a set of posts about the new Moira and how it hangs together with the old.

The Complete Moira: Part 1

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Paul O'Brien on x-axis started a set of posts about the new Moira and how it hangs together with the old.

The Complete Moira: Part 1
    Cool link, thanks!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

I really need more Moira in the next 6 months I know she's supposed to be in hiding but for someone who's had such a huge impact on all these characters I really want to know her current thoughts on what Xavier and Magneto are doing.

Ultimate Member

Have they said if they're going to address her relationship with Rahne?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Have they said if they're going to address her relationship with Rahne?
    They went out of their way to ignore her relationship with Banshee so Im not sure if this will be touched

Speaking of Rahne, can someone explain why she considers Moira to be her mother? Moira never raised her and there was no adoption. When Rahne is introduced in the NM Graphic Novel, she happens upon Rahne after she was chased by a mob and recognized her as a girl she delivered as a baby. Almost immediately, she ships her off to the US to enroll in Xavier's school. Literally just a week passes yet they are always portrayed as mother/daughter when they were never around each other to even develop that kind of connection

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They went out of their way to ignore her relationship with Banshee so Im not sure if this will be touched

Speaking of Rahne, can someone explain why she considers Moira to be her mother? Moira never raised her and there was no adoption. When Rahne is introduced in the NM Graphic Novel, she happens upon Rahne after she was chased by a mob and recognized her as a girl she delivered as a baby. Almost immediately, she ships her off to the US to enroll in Xavier's school. Literally just a week passes yet they are always portrayed as mother/daughter when they were never around each other to even develop that kind of connection
    I imagine that if you're the victim of child abuse, you cling to the kindest parental figure you have.

Plus, Rahne has spent considerable time with Moira since then. She went back to Muir after the Beyonder killed the New Mutants

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I imagine that if you're the victim of child abuse, you cling to the kindest parental figure you have.

Plus, Rahne has spent considerable time with Moira since then. She went back to Muir after the Beyonder killed the New Mutants
    It wasnt one way. Moira viewed her as a daughter despite not raising her.

These scenes are the first ones they have following Moira dumping her in the US and going back to Europe. It rings false and I dont see how Moira was an actual parental figure up to this point

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Most of Moira's relationships feel a bit false now, knowing she was an entirely different person all along.
    The only one that still seems true is her relationship with Xavier, even Proteus seems more like a project instead or a son now
    I'm more interested on how she is going to interact with Apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Most of Moira's relationships feel a bit false now, knowing she was an entirely different person all along.
    The only one that still seems true is her relationship with Xavier, even Proteus seems more like a project instead or a son now
    Makes you wonder if there is something important about Rahne that we dont know which might explain her early fixation on this child. Rahne LOVED her and she just let her believe she was dead. This definitely needs to be addressed but I have doubts bc Marvel has ignored alot of reunions which should have been explored

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I know what you mean. I re-read the issue where Moira 'dies' from the legacy virus and just...god poor Rahne throughout that whole thing.

Like, no matter which way ya swing it, that girl is the victim of the some of the worst emotional manipulation, if not outright abuse for that. The devotion Rahne had to her, how she was pleading for her 'mummy' not to leave her...

Meanwhile Moira's actually just been chilling somewhere having never seen any of that and...man. It's painful...

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    I know what you mean. I re-read the issue where Moira 'dies' from the legacy virus and just...god poor Rahne throughout that whole thing.

Like, no matter which way ya swing it, that girl is the victim of the some of the worst emotional manipulation, if not outright abuse for that. The devotion Rahne had to her, how she was pleading for her 'mummy' not to leave her...

Meanwhile Moira's actually just been chilling somewhere having never seen any of that and...man. It's painful...
    Chilling somewhere = trying to save the mutant race.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Chilling somewhere = trying to save the mutant race.
    You know what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    You know what I meant.
    Of course!

I do think what Havok83 mentioned is intriguing, about Rahne having some level of importance to the history/plan and that's why Moira took her in so lovingly so to speak.

Mighty Member

I am really confused about Moira's powers. The stories didn't mention when her past lives took place. Was it in the past or a parallel timeline?