Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    You really overcomplicating this her ability is reincarnation. When she reincarnates she goes back to the point of her birth EVERY TIME. Let's assume she was born in 1960 and then died in 2018 she then reincarnates back to her birth point in 1960 with a full knowledge of everything that she did up until the point of her death.

That's all.
    You're the first person who explained this point. I always thought she would be reborn in the future as reincarnation is a real thing in life. See Edgar Cayce.

But then when she is reborn again in 1960, does that mean all other humans/mutants are also reset to that point? That's why I am really confused.

How could she meet Charles in almost every lifetime since Charles would not be reincarnated back to the same point in time as Moira's mutant ability.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I hope HiX-Man is the writer on the book which features Moira. Simply because it was his idea to develop the character to where she is now and I don't trust any other writer to really do her justice going forward.
    I agree but maybe he will advise whoever writes it? But yeah it would be odd for someone else to develop all the details of Hick's own concept
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    You're the first person who explained this point. I always thought she would be reborn in the future as reincarnation is a real thing in life. See Edgar Cayce.

But then when she is reborn again in 1960, does that mean all other humans/mutants are also reset to that point? That's why I am really confused.

How could she meet Charles in almost every lifetime since Charles would not be reincarnated back to the same point in time as Moira's mutant ability.
    When in House of X/Powers of X did you ever see her reborn in the future? Hickman laid it out very straightforward and there was a graphic which shows all her lives and she being reborn at the same exact point in time

Yes everything is reset when she is reborn. She met Charles in most of her timelines bc she sought him out. She didnt meet him by chance. That was very deliberate on her part

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Just watch the movie Groundhog Day basically. It's like the exact same concept
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Moira_MacTaggert_(1993).jpg

Art drawn by Phil Cho and commisioned by Roysovitch.
    https://www.deviantart.com/phil-cho/...sion-829500424
    Last edited by DragonKent17; 02-11-2020 at 11:43 AM.
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Not much activity in this thread but I just wanted to say I really appreciate you posting the links to those articles myownlittleusername! It's been fun to go through all of Moira's history to see how much doesn't quite fit with HoXPoX's retcons and how much is actually enriched by it. I have a feeling it can all conclude only with Moira's "final" death, but I'm certainly happy to see the good doctor back as arguably the single most important character in the franchise!

BANNED

I love that this woman is the scheming mastermind behind Krakoa

I love Moira but this retcon was terrible.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    I love Moira but this retcon was terrible.
    Agreed. It robs the X-Men of their longest human ally, introduces a long line of WTF-ness to the entire run and will likely run roughshod over associated characters (Banshee, Wolfsbane, Excalibur etc, their reactions are unlikely to be fleshed out)