Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I don't know, we actually get these sort of retcons a lot, but Moira's is fun just because of the sheer and far reaching ways it basically darkens all of X-Men history, but because it's Hickman, we can still have fun with it.

The Complete Moira: Part 8

The final one, for now at least.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    Not much activity in this thread but I just wanted to say I really appreciate you posting the links to those articles myownlittleusername! It's been fun to go through all of Moira's history to see how much doesn't quite fit with HoXPoX's retcons and how much is actually enriched by it. I have a feeling it can all conclude only with Moira's "final" death, but I'm certainly happy to see the good doctor back as arguably the single most important character in the franchise!
    Thanks, good to hear someone else enjoys reading them!

But this is likely a Moira clone from an alternate future timeline where Corsair and Lucinda Guthrie conceived an Inhuman in the distant past who was then altered genetically by Sinister with the intention of having her be raised by Deathbird but was intercepted by Apocalypse who corrupted her before dropping her of on Muir Island.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    But this is likely a Moira clone from an alternate future timeline where Corsair and Lucinda Guthrie conceived an Inhuman in the distant past who was then altered genetically by Sinister with the intention of having her be raised by Deathbird but was intercepted by Apocalypse who corrupted her before dropping her of on Muir Island.
    As this is Hickman, I have no idea whatsoever if you're being serious.

Moira gets original x-men status right

Magneto to?

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Moira gets original x-men status right

Magneto to?
    No, bc they werent an X-men. The team did not officially form until X-men #1. Moira and Magneto were just Xavier's partners prior to that. They were not a suphero team or group of students, which the X-men were created to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No, bc they werent an X-men. The team did not officially form until X-men #1. Moira and Magneto were just Xavier's partners prior to that. They were not a suphero team or group of students, which the X-men were created to be.
    She helped Xavier with the team she help start all this

She helped Xavier with the team she help start all this
    but she wasnt on the team. The Original X-men as a term/team refer to a specific group of 5 characters, Scott, Jean, Iceman, Beast and Angel. Like no one considers Xavier one of the Original X-men. He was their mentor but he wasn't on the team. Moira and Magneto most definitely were not.
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-09-2020 at 02:58 PM.

but she wasnt on the team. The Original X-men as a term/team refer to a specific group of 5 characters, Scott, Jean, Iceman, Beast and Angel. Like no one considers Xavier one of the Original X-men. He was their mentor but he want on the team. Moira and Magneto most definitely were not.
    Xavier not a original x-man okay that makes no sense. I get the O5 thing but Xavier is still a x-man

Incredible Member

Xavier not a original x-man okay that makes no sense. I get the O5 thing but Xavier is still a x-man
    Would side with Havok83 on this one. Though it is being a bit pedantic.
    If I'm not mistaken in their original outing, the X-men were technically the squad.
    Xavier was the coach.

I know, right?! Even Wikipedia says so...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_X-Men_members

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Looking forward to any more we get from her soon

At this point I am viewing her as essentially an antagonist to the X-Men "traditional ideals" although she would perceive herself as a giant proponent of the wellbeing of mutantkind as a whole.

Her fractured centuries-old and repeatedly traumatized psyche is rife with potentially compelling portrayals.

I almost don't want that proposed Moira-centric series to be released, i feel like it might get her feeling too mundane or tame. I like the more unpredictable, enigmatic, spooky take on her we have now
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 04-10-2020 at 03:00 AM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Of course he's an X-man but when people talk about the original team, they refer to the 5 characters I mentioned. Its not the Original Six

Of course he's an X-man but when people talk about the original team, they refer to the 5 characters I mentioned. Its not the Original Six
    Then of course she’s a original x-man with magneto