Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Yes, the dream that will always seem wrong so long as certain writers come along to stomp on it hard enough. Wrong dream? Pfft. More like wrong approach from the writers who’ve overly-antagonized the mutants to the point that they’ve all basically huddled to an island to negotiate on while waiting for the humans to wither away. Doesn’t quite matter what Moira says in the long run really, because she doesn’t control what happens in the Marvel Universe: the writers do.
    Your right but at the moment that’s what the writer is doing

How many foster children did Moira have?01E55C2B-7270-4ED4-839E-5C78D3B6625B.jpg

Astonishing Member

Not sure where to put this theory, but since Moira is at its centre I thought why not here? Anyway, looking at X-men #9 and the storyline with the King Egg storyline with the Brood and how Hickman has introduced Dominions I think I've figured out a theory of what pulls it all together. A theory, anyway.

The Dominions are responsible for turning Moira into a mutant to make her the matriarch of mutant kind, ergo Krakoa, in an attempt to weaponise mutants against Earth.

https://abload.de/img/20a8ykjd.jpg

Explains why Moira suddenly became a mutant to of nowhere, how she got her absurd powers, how she "broke" Xavier, why all the X-men and their deadliest enemies are playing house at the moment rather than ripping each others guts out, and is an intrinsic element to all the storylines relevant to Krakoa and would be an element which would allow Hickman to "put all his toys in a box" when he eventually leaves.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

New rumor from Bleeding Cool, Tom Taylor's FCBD story is leading into a new Moria series also written by him: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...ra-mactaggert/

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    New rumor from Bleeding Cool, Tom Taylor's FCBD story is leading into a new Moria series also written by him: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...ra-mactaggert/
    Tom Taylor is great and always welcomed for X books.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm supportive of Taylor on the Moira title, however Mike Carey would have been perfect.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Moira's book is the only new book not yet released that I'm most excited to read. Tom Taylor is good but I do hope we get an equally good (or even better) artist.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Just have Hickman write it.....
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Lord no... I hope it's just a rumor.

BANNED

I hope Tom Taylor is doing a regular X-book instead.

Also gotta be honest and say I don't think we need a Moira title. That moment has passed, especially if the book will be just to show random differences about the other 9 or 10 realities.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post

Also gotta be honest and say I don't think we need a Moira title. That moment has passed, especially if the book will be just to show random differences about the other 9 or 10 realities.
    Theres alot we dont know about the lead up to HoX especially following her "death"/replacement by a Shi'ar golem. A series can tell that story without needing to be about her past lives

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Please no. Just pay Carey what he deserves. None of this Red nonsense.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Theres alot we dont know about the lead up to HoX especially following her "death"/replacement by a Shi'ar golem. A series can tell that story without needing to be about her past lives
    Yeah, I'm sure Hickman will still write the important parts of Moria's story, this will probably just be side information he would have never bothered to write himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post

I would love Taylor on a team book more too. Don't care about Moira solo.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure Hickman will still write the important parts of Moria's story, this will probably just be side information he would have never bothered to write himself.
    I agree. Moira's story is very much Hickman's to write as she's for all intents and purposes the centerpiece of his current run. I can assume however that her (limited?) series could cover some of her past lives, basically just filling the gaps between what was shown in HOX/POX and her lives' infographics.