Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Wait a Minute, did you all know that the Eternals....

So, evidently the Eternals also have a resurrection protocol that generates a new husk and downloads their mind/soul should they somehow actually be killed/destroyed(which is very difficult due to their various powers).

And it even freaking looks like Goldball's eggs(at least when Sersi had to do it by 'hand', not the usual Celestial machine they typically use)!?

Like most people, I haven't followed the Eternals closely(they really only have a few stories anyways), but I found out Neil Gaiman wrote an Eternals story in 2006(which was, as expected, amazing, and give the origin for that Sleeping Celestial we saw the Extinction team X-Men stabilize circa the Utopia era), followed up by another writer(with Acuna art) in 2008. Both of which are most likely the main source material for the upcoming MCU version.

I'm not saying Hickman ripped this off.... but I think Hickman ripped this off.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    So, evidently the Eternals also have a resurrection protocol that generates a new husk and downloads their mind/soul should they somehow actually be killed/destroyed(which is very difficult due to their various powers).

And it even freaking looks like Goldball's eggs(at least when Sersi had to do it by 'hand', not the usual Celestial machine they typically use)!?

Like most people, I haven't followed the Eternals closely(they really only have a few stories anyways), but I found out Neil Gaiman wrote an Eternals story in 2006(which was, as expected, amazing, and give the origin for that Sleeping Celestial we saw the Extinction team X-Men stabilize circa the Utopia era), followed up by another writer(with Acuna art) in 2008. Both of which are most likely the main source material for the upcoming MCU version.

I'm not saying Hickman ripped this off.... but I think Hickman ripped this off.

Eh No one read that. I tried the art hurt my eyes and the story quickly became redundant
    GrindrStone(D)

I actually love the original Eternals series from the 70's. Jack Kirby was on fire back then. But I hadn't read these newer series until just now. I actually like them and am excited to see how the MCU adapts them onscreen, but this reactivation chamber stuff is like the exact same thing Hickman is doing on Krakoa, just more 'organic' as opposed to this Celestial technology. (Apocalypse even makes a cameo in this series, fighting the Eternals during what I guess is the Bronze Age Collapse he just referred to in X-Men #4).

What's an Eternal?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    What's an Eternal?
    It’s a New God before they’ve had their coffee.

Astonishing Member

What's an Eternal?
    Thanos’ prettier, currently dead, cousins.

It stands to reason that, considering Apocalypse’s beef with the Eternals, that Moira IX might have encountered and been inspired by the Eternals resurrection process.

I would also not be surprised if Xavier and Magneto had Olympia, Polaria and Oceania stripped clean of anything useful to perfecting the protocols after the Eternals killed themselves (that’s not a dig, simply practicality)

How dare you question the sanctity of The Five. Throw him in the pit alongside Sabertooth!

Astonishing Member

What's an Eternal?
    what is a deviant ?

What is a Mutant External?

BANNED

Marvel probably wanted Hickman to do an Eternals relaunch before they got the X-Men movie rights back.

How is Sersi?
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

The Inheritors in Spider-verse do this too. It’s not a copywrited concept or something.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    How is Sersi?
    Magic green emma dazzler hybrid ?

Also we ever get a eternal with a x gene ?

*waits for the eternals are souless clones posts *

Great find. In a way mutants are connected to eternals via celestials.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    *waits for the eternals are souless clones posts *

Great find. In a way mutants are connected to eternals via celestials.
    Thanks.

Of course they are. I hope the MCU sows the seeds for mutants in the Eternals movie, but this regen protocol was unexpected!!

They even address the matter of their souls; they go to a 'way-station' in-between this world and the next in the manner of a cantina, and drink and tell stories to the Fulcrum(who both the Celestials and Horde answer to)in the guise of bartender, until they are either resurrected via their chambers, or go forth into the beyond(the Lacuna?).

RCO021_1467885675.jpg