Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I'm not saying Hickman ripped this off.... but I think Hickman ripped this off.
    At least Gaiman has a large fanbase/popularity as a buffer against harassment and attacks on his character should he ever dare to commit the crime of raising the question.
    Last edited by salarta; 01-04-2020 at 07:10 PM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

So they actually do factor souls in. So far with the mutant thing we have an offhand comment from Magneto as the only thing to go on.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Magic green emma dazzler hybrid ?

Also we ever get a eternal with a x gene ?
    There was a mutant eternal who suffered from Deviant syndrome. Left him with a nasty case of purple

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    There was a mutant eternal who suffered from Deviant syndrome. Left him with a nasty case of purple
    so Thanos is welcome on Krakoa then huh

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Technically that's a devant gene not a x gene

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    He's a mutant in the sense that he manifested Deviant genes, despite being an Eternal, not an X-gene mutant.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    At least Hickman has a large fanbase/popularity as a buffer against harassment and attacks on his character should he ever dare to commit the crime of raising the question.
    As far as I can tell, the Eternals didn't start having this resurrection device until Neil Gaiman's 2006 series(they were just straight up immortal before then).

I'm pretty sure Gaiman>Hickman if it comes down to who has the bigger fanbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    The Inheritors in Spider-verse do this too. It’s not a copywrited concept or something.
    Yep.

Never mind that there were some specific differences in the Eternals methods/pattern.

If anything, Hickman is closer to lifting from Venture Bros. than the "Eternals" series in question.

And the mutants have already tried living together on Utopia in Fraction's run, lived on Krakoa in Aaron's run, and The Maker (Ultimate Reed Richards) is the basic design for Xavier...

I'm loving it and look forward to seeing where it goes but it doesn't feel completely original to me.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

There's nothing new under the sun.

It's fresh enough within the context of the X-Men mythos, but reading Eternals and seeing her call the new bodies 'husks' and having to get his spirit/mind into it was shocking, especially when that body was in a golden egg.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    As far as I can tell, the Eternals didn't start having this resurrection device until Neil Gaiman's 2006 series(they were just straight up immortal before then).

I'm pretty sure Gaiman>Hickman if it comes down to who has the bigger fanbase.
    I realized only after your reply that I mistyped in the original post. I meant Gaiman, not Hickman. Edited post to fix it.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    So they actually do factor souls in. So far with the mutant thing we have an offhand comment from Magneto as the only thing to go on.
    tha tis a big difference
    Mutants are only a base of data. Someone on twitter said that Hickman treats it like ressurrection andhe won't challenge if it really is ressurrecting. I don't remember a interview with him saying this

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    At least Gaiman has a large fanbase/popularity as a buffer against harassment and attacks on his character should he ever dare to commit the crime of raising the question.
    I don't think Gaiman gonna bother with comics, when his books are becoming movies and tv shows
    Last edited by spirit2011; 01-04-2020 at 07:18 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

nice find. when was ths original eternal story written?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Looks suspect asf. lol.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Gaiman gave the Eternals their resurrection protocols waaaaaay back in 2006. I'm sure they'll resurrect in the comics in time for their MCU debut.

EDIT: On deeper research, Kirby himself gave them this ability back in the very first Eternals series...
    The Resurrection Crypt was the tomb of Tecumotzin, the Eternal known as Ajak. When Ajak and his soldiers' bodies were reduced to free-floating atoms, they were sealed inside the chamber until such time that their bodies could be reconstituted.
    More info here.
    Last edited by nx01a; 01-04-2020 at 09:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'