Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Anyone read #5? Or is this thread dead and there's a new one?

Quote Originally Posted by maninthemacintosh1606 View Post
    Anyone read #5? Or is this thread dead and there's a new one?
    Haven't read 5.. but this is the only DP thread. It's very quiet these days. Much less busy since the Duggan days.

OK so for those who don’t read Gerry Duggan’s Cable (2019), you should probably check that out because it’s good, and more importantly, it featured a far better Deadpool when he confronted Kid Cable (now officially Bable).

Quote Originally Posted by stipethom View Post
    OK so for those who don’t read Gerry Duggan’s Cable (2019), you should probably check that out because it’s good, and more importantly, it featured a far better Deadpool when he confronted Kid Cable (now officially Bable).
    He's only been in the 1 issue, no? I don't recall him being in any more. I did like Wade's appearance in Cable. Gerry knows how to write him better than most and it was a great treat to get a little of that again. But I don't think he's going to be a recurring character in that series.

I'll try to keep this thread more active. Been tough with the slump Deadpool's been in post-Duggan. But I'll start posting solicitations again and keep the OP updated.
    Last edited by cc008; 09-16-2020 at 09:05 AM.

October Deadpool books:

DEADPOOL #7

KELLY THOMPSON (W)
    GERARDO SANDOVAL (A)
    Cover by CHRIS BACHALO
    IT'S A LOVE STORY, DEADPOOL, JUST SAY YES!
    • Elsa Bloodstone is dying, and the only one who can save her is Deadpool!
    • What's wrong with the mystical, magical Bloodstone gem? And what can Deadpool possibly do about it?
    • The answers will shock you! The implications will astound you! The jokes will…well, we won't make any promises about the jokes.
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99
    Order using MAR201056

November Deadpool books:

DEADPOOL #8

KELLY THOMPSON (W)
    GERARDO SANDOVAL (A)
    Cover by CHRIS BACHALO
    SCANDAL! BETRAYAL! GOO!
    • Elsa lied, and Deadpool died!
    • Well, not yet. But he might! Which, given that this is Deadpool, means it must be a pretty spectacular lie.
    • What is the ACTUAL truth of the Bloodstone curse? And what does it have to do with a dimension full of hideous goo? Don’t wear your nice clothes when reading this one – IT’S GONNA GET MESSY.
    ORDER USING APR201040

STRIKEFORCE VOL. 2: FIGHT ME TPB

Written by TINI HOWARD
    Penciled by JACOPO CAMAGNI & GERMÁN PERALTA
    Cover by DAN MORA
    Can this team of misfits stay together long enough to complete its mission? Strikeforce must contend with the menace of Moonstone, A.K.A. the psychotic psychiatrist Karla Sofen! But what does a manipulator of minds want with a hospital full of the dead and dying? Then, where death goes, Deadpool soon follows! With hundreds of shape-shifting Vridai sneaking their way through Midgard, Strikeforce is the only one who can stop them — and that brings Blade and his allies to King Deadpool’s Monster Island! For Angela, the battle gets personal as the one-time Queen of Hel faces off against the Queen of the Vridai! But who will enter a death match of no-holds-barred sports entertainment? Collecting STRIKEFORCE #6-9.
    112 PGS./Rated T+ …$15.99
    Trim size: 6-5/8 x 10-3/16
    ISBN: 978-1-302-92010-4
    Last edited by cc008; 09-16-2020 at 09:34 AM.

Mighty Member

Interestingly enough Deadpool is the character I know so much about but never actually read a lot of comics with him in it. I read one volume where I think he was trapped in a woman's body or the woman was trapped in his body and he had a daughter and got married to that vampire lady I believe. The other thing I read was the Gambit v Deadpool miniseries which was meh.

I read a quick couple issues of this new series and it's ok. Deadwood is definitely still zany but definitely very neutered compared to his old stuff that I was aware of. Like if you played his old video game you can see the difference in personality. He's a lot more family friendly. But yeah I think him not being allowed on Krakoa is actually a cool plot point and his anger towards it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Interestingly enough Deadpool is the character I know so much about but never actually read a lot of comics with him in it. I read one volume where I think he was trapped in a woman's body or the woman was trapped in his body and he had a daughter and got married to that vampire lady I believe. The other thing I read was the Gambit v Deadpool miniseries which was meh.

I read a quick couple issues of this new series and it's ok. Deadwood is definitely still zany but definitely very neutered compared to his old stuff that I was aware of. Like if you played his old video game you can see the difference in personality. He's a lot more family friendly. But yeah I think him not being allowed on Krakoa is actually a cool plot point and his anger towards it.
    Aw, Agent Preston <3

That first book you brought up was the Duggan run... arguable the best Deadpool volume next to Joe Kelly. Wasn't a big fan of the game (written by Daniel Way) because it really played up the Looney Tune aspect of Wade. He really shouldn't be family friendly. Nothing about the Kelly run (with the exception of Widdle Wade and Ed McGuinness's art) is family friendly. But it wasn't raunchy either. Just dark and dangerous with a whole lotta quips. As it should be.

December Deadpool Books

DEADPOOL #9

KELLY THOMPSON (W) • GERARDO SANDOVAL (A) • Cover by CHRIS BACHALO
    ONE LAST KISS?!
    Elsa Bloodstone sold Deadpool out to the bone beast queen!
    With this tenuous alliance already falling apart, who will save the children?
    And what about Jeff???

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Aw, Agent Preston <3

That first book you brought up was the Duggan run... arguable the best Deadpool volume next to Joe Kelly. Wasn't a big fan of the game (written by Daniel Way) because it really played up the Looney Tune aspect of Wade. He really shouldn't be family friendly. Nothing about the Kelly run (with the exception of Widdle Wade and Ed McGuinness's art) is family friendly. But it wasn't raunchy either. Just dark and dangerous with a whole lotta quips. As it should be.
    Family friendly was the wrong word. Maybe just scaled back lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Family friendly was the wrong word. Maybe just scaled back lol
    If they scaled back the wackiness, I'd be totally on board. He was unpredictable and a smart ass in Remender's X-Force run, but he was competent, had heart, and was an awesome teammate. In my opinion, he's one of the best team players in Marvel if he feels accepted. Which he did in both UXF and Uncanny Avengers.

We don't talk about Thunderbolts here :P

yes and he was mentioned in the next Bable who described him as upset for the loss of a friend. I like how their tension played out and how it seemed that Wade played a part in the story (might in the long wrong, but apparently Duggan has left Marauders and maybe has a looser hold on the X-stories now...)

Thank you for keeping this thread active. Apart from some comic relief, the monster king story arch is so far not very intriguing. Nothing much is going on.

Thank you for keeping this thread active. Apart from some comic relief, the monster king story arch is so far not very intriguing. Nothing much is going on.
    I like when other characters get involved in Deadpool books. The inclusion of Elsa and Kraven were both good ideas, in my opinion. While not the greatest arc, KT's volume hasn't been the worst Deadpool either. I'm also a sucker for the handful of artists who've worked on the volume too.

One last defense I will give the book... Duggan and Posehn's first arc, Dead Presidents, was very similar in tone and feel and I wouldn't rank that as one of their top DP stories. But they sure found their groove. So hopefully KT can do the same. Provided she stays on the book... she doesn't really promote it much and we hardly hear anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I like when other characters get involved in Deadpool books. The inclusion of Elsa and Kraven were both good ideas, in my opinion. While not the greatest arc, KT's volume hasn't been the worst Deadpool either. I'm also a sucker for the handful of artists who've worked on the volume too.

One last defense I will give the book... Duggan and Posehn's first arc, Dead Presidents, was very similar in tone and feel and I wouldn't rank that as one of their top DP stories. But they sure found their groove. So hopefully KT can do the same. Provided she stays on the book... she doesn't really promote it much and we hardly hear anything about it.
    Agreed. I wonder whether they have plans for Deadpool tho. He seemed to be marginally involved in all the X-men big events...

Agreed. I wonder whether they have plans for Deadpool tho. He seemed to be marginally involved in all the X-men big events...
    I don't think Hickman wants anything to do with him in his grand X-Men design. Of course I'd love to see him more in Cable or even in X-Force. But it doesn't seem like Wade is getting as much a push as he was several years ago. I wish we could meet somewhere in the middle. Where we aren't getting a million mini series a year, but his book matters in the grander Marvel Universe.

So is Wade and Elsa a thing now? haha