Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

This issue was awesome and Scott actually living in an ant hill is hilarious.

Anyone who didn't like it is WRONG.
    Baby Thanos

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    This is a limited series....not an ongoing. So doubt there will be many guest stars.
    I’m being optimistic that it will turn into an ongoing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    I would too...but like I said above...have him get paying jobs so he is not homeless and destitute.

I would love another Ant-Man ongoing. Hopefully with Raz coming back to work with Scott as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Modamy View Post
    I would love another Ant-Man ongoing. Hopefully with Raz coming back to work with Scott as well.
    Those two alone should be able to start a business together and make it profitable.

I enjoyed that first issue a lot; Scott's interactions with the ants and bees were fun. Also still loving the new villains' designs.

Extraordinary Member

And yet again...Scott is everyone's punching bag.

Incredible Member

Could have been a lot worse, they could have fallen into the cliche of no one listening to him it makes it feel pretty refreshing.

I also really liked how Scott and Cassie kind of changed perspectives, Scott may not be as respected in the community but neither is Cassie for that matter, even with her time with the Young Avengers, the Initiative, dying and coming back without her powers she is still not taken seriously in the commuunity because of her age. It feels pretty relevant considering how often Marvel just sidetracks so many of its teen heroes.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    Could have been a lot worse, they could have fallen into the cliche of no one listening to him it makes it feel pretty refreshing.

I also really liked how Scott and Cassie kind of changed perspectives, Scott may not be as respected in the community but neither is Cassie for that matter, even with her time with the Young Avengers, the Initiative, dying and coming back without her powers she is still not taken seriously in the commuunity because of her age. It feels pretty relevant considering how often Marvel just sidetracks so many of its teen heroes.
    This is a guy who was Tony Stark's go to guy for a couple of shady endeavors and saved him when his armor locked up with him in it. He has been on both the FF and Avengers. People treated him like a trusted friend and team mate.

Now they all act like his is an incompetent schmuck that they all wish would just leave...or hope he never came around in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    This is a guy who was Tony Stark's go to guy for a couple of shady endeavors and saved him when his armor locked up with him in it. He has been on both the FF and Avengers. People treated him like a trusted friend and team mate.

Now they all act like his is an incompetent schmuck that they all wish would just leave...or hope he never came around in the first place.
    I have to agree here. Scott led the FF. The Avengers treated him like dirt. He should have rubbed their nose in the Hulk wiping the floor with them. At least Black Cat took a liking to him. Cassie even disrespected him. Maybe by the end of the run he’ll have gained everyone’s respect. It seems that Ant-Men just can’t catch a break at Marvel. Scott, Hank, Eric.

Extraordinary Member

I have to agree here. Scott led the FF. The Avengers treated him like dirt. He should have rubbed their nose in the Hulk wiping the floor with them. At least Black Cat took a liking to him. Cassie even disrespected him. Maybe by the end of the run he’ll have gained everyone’s respect. It seems that Ant-Men just can’t catch a break at Marvel. Scott, Hank, Eric.
    Which is where my desire for a serious relaunch of a series for him comes from. I am not against humor...just make it more like the movies. Like when Clint opens the van and wakes Scott up and he is a little tongue tied meeting Steve. Or Hope teaching him how to punch.

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

I am enjoying this way more than other recent ant-man series, but it seems as if nobody is reading this so the future of the character is not looking good.
    Baby Thanos

Quote Originally Posted by catbellysqueezer View Post
    I am enjoying this way more than other recent ant-man series, but it seems as if nobody is reading this so the future of the character is not looking good.
    Im reading it. I still liked Spencer’s run better. Scott had supporting characters in that one. Cassie, heroes, villains and even a love triangle. Having Spider-Man and Black Cat helps but they are more guest stars than support. Swarm as the main villain with other bug creatures just doesn’t help him. Plus getting treated like a joke by the Avengers is not going to help either. Like I said earlier Marvel dumps all over the pint sized heroes. Scott is lighthearted. There is a better way to express that in the writing than by embarrassing him. I’m just hoping this mini builds into turning him into a respected hero again. It’s to soon to abandon ship.

The new issue kinda is building up to Scott saving everyone but if it ends with everyone not caring, I'm just gonna be done with the Wells written stuff.

It's not bad, Cassie is now a factor again and this issue was good, I just feel it's setting up something like Scott's a forever loser. At least with Hawkeye right now, it's that but also Clint trying to be the hero he is but also tipping over to his Ronin self again and it's treating him well.

The next issue will decide how Wells preps the landing.

I'm honestly over the lovable loser hero stuff of both of these books.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    The new issue kinda is building up to Scott saving everyone but if it ends with everyone not caring, I'm just gonna be done with the Wells written stuff.

It's not bad, Cassie is now a factor again and this issue was good, I just feel it's setting up something like Scott's a forever loser. At least with Hawkeye right now, it's that but also Clint trying to be the hero he is but also tipping over to his Ronin self again and it's treating him well.

The next issue will decide how Wells preps the landing.

I'm honestly over the lovable loser hero stuff of both of these books.
    Even with the lovable loser thing with Clint...he still has people who have his back and show him respect. Even U.S. Agent was talking nostalgically about their time in Avengers West. Scott gets laughed at by Tony and T'Challa...but at least T'Challa tries to walk it back. Is Scott on their level of intelligence...no. But he has figured out the Pym Particles when no one else did.