Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Not sure if this is controversial:

-- The Star Wars prequels are masterpieces of cinema and the ST erred big time by doing their OT cosplay cover band concert tour rather than following on the ideas of the PT.

-- It was a terrible thing for Disney to buy Fox. The X-Men were better off under Fox's uneven handling then they ever would be under Disney. LOGAN alone justifies and redeems Fox.

-- Sony should hold on to Spider-Man movie rights. Spider-Man is better off by himself than as part of the MCU. Venom by Ruben Fleischer is a pretty good, entertaining movie and deserves its great success.

-- Superhero movies as entertaining as a lot of them are, are indeed contributing to the death of cinema, and it's okay to enjoy the movies and accept that at the same time.

-- Until Doctor Doom arrives, the MCU will be doing nothing but spinning wheels.
    Strong opinions they are I get where they are coming from But nothing makes me roll my eyes to back my head like when people ignore Daredevil,Electra, FF 1&2,Fan4stic, X3, Wolverine Origins, The ending of Wolverine 2, X-men Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix just because they made couple good movies. Nothing redeems Fox they made some movies so bad that it was difficult or impossible to make other movies.

- I thought of better way to put it I rather walk into the theater knowing about I am going get a certain quality. You walk in Fox knew that it could be as good as Logan or as bad Wolverine Origins.And the later is the worst type of movie experience imo. I rather walk into movie theater knowing that low end is Thor Ragnarok and the high end is Winter solider or Black Panther. Simple put if you don't get a "good movie" you at least got a "fun movie" that you never have to watch again.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 01-11-2020 at 03:46 AM. Reason: made simple