Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Friends was not ground breaking TV. It was a comedy that many found funny with characters they liked and cared about. Period.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Shitting on Friends is like the most popular thing to do nowadays, for some reasons. Kinda surprised to see that show mentioned in this thread.

To call the Star Wars prequels "masterpieces of cinema" though, now that it sure as hell deserves a place of honor here lol.

Sure, compared to the sequels they are masterpieces, no question. But hell, Police Academy 6 is also a masterpiece compared to the sequels so....

The prequels deserved every bit of **** they got, the sequels don't.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Here's a controversial opinion.. if I have to see one more picture of Baby freakin' Yoda, I'm going to start taking hostages.

Oh, wait... that's not really an opinion, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Here's a controversial opinion.. if I have to see one more picture of Baby freakin' Yoda, I'm going to start taking hostages.

Take the Baby Shark song only make it Yoda.

Baby Yoda do doo doo do doo.

or bastardize the Witcher song:

Toss a coin to your Yoda, oh baby of plenty.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post

Do it after I purchase my baby Yoda plushie from build a bear.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Take the Baby Shark song only make it Yoda.

Baby Yoda do doo doo do doo.

or bastardize the Witcher song:

Toss a coin to your Yoda, oh baby of plenty.
    If it's Baby Yoda, shouldn't it be "Do Doo Do Doo Baby Yoda?"

Boisterously Confused

Default Your Controversial TV/Film Opinions

After 11 pages, I gave up. Consolidate as necessary Mods.

2001: A Space Odyssey is vastly overrated. Got some great visuals, and one of the best depictions of spaceflight on film, but it's so busy being both accurate and artsy, it forgets to be engaging.

2001 is one on the 10 greatest films ever made. It's engaging enough for me have to have seen it at least 20 times.

It's as overrated as Citzen Kane, Casablanca or the Godfather.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    2001 is one on the 10 greatest films ever made. It's engaging enough for me have to have seen it at least 20 times.

It's as overrated as Citzen Kane, Casablanca or the Godfather.
    As with all these things, YMMV. I also find Citizen Kane less than it's rep, but I'm with you on the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    After 11 pages, I gave up. Consolidate as necessary Mods.
    Advanced search of TV/Film forum, "controversial" in titles, it was the 2nd most recent thread (your new thread, pre-merge, was the first).
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Astonishing Member

I actually like episodes that are often considered to be filler. They arguably help with worldbuilding more that just plot plot plot.

While I think the show is definitely where it got good after it, I find “The Chinese Restaurant” episode of Seinfeld to be rather boring/unfunny.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    2001: A Space Odyssey [/I]is vastly overrated
    I sure agree with that. Random shots of space plus copyrights free classical music equal masterpiece apparantly lol.

If that's your takeaway, no wonder you think it's overrated.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

- I don't have any strong opinions on Friends; I neither like it or hate it, but don't really get what all the fuss is about from people who love it.
    - Both the Star Wars prequels and sequels are bad for different reasons. The former at least came from the original creator and are less blatantly corporate driven, and at least try to not ape the original trilogy 100%. They still have wooden acting and dialogue and stuff like Jar-Jar and Watto so they are still awful. The ST is really a bland rehash of the original trilogy that underutilizes both the old cast and gives a new cast of talented young actors poorly defined characters to work with.
    - The Mandalorian is good, the best Star Wars thing since the OT, but still overrated. And I'm sick of Baby Yoda.
    - Buffy was the only good idea Joss has ever had and is worthy of most of its positive legacy*, but he even managed to screw that up towards the end. I think it was a good combo of Joss's ego not being out of control and putting together a good writer's room and cast (particularly Gellar) to bring their own stuff to the table and bring it to life. Firefly is overrated and with the planned Inara idea, maybe it deserved to be cancelled.
    - Maybe Game of Thrones was never a good show
    - The DCAU is an excellent cartoon franchise when taken on its own merits. As a representation of anything beyond the Bat-stuff though, it leaves much to be desired. Superman stuff is hit or miss, Wonder Woman stuff is abysmal, etc.
    - Young Justice deserved to come back, but it's the weakest Greg Weisman show outside of the animation budge and action. Gargoyles and Spectacular Spider-Man are far better.

*He was more hands off with Angel, maybe that's why it is in some ways the best show lol