Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    From a business standpoint, that doesn’t matter.
    But from a consumer standpoint it does.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Romance films are utterly awful.
    Romantic comedies are even worse.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    That still leaves 9 MCU movies better than the Snyderverse.
    That's fair.
    That was just the minimum of the 3 movies. I like ZSJL and Man of Steel higher than this, but BvS, while I liked it a lot, was definitely the weakest of the 3 movies.

I just feel like most people would say they're only better than about 3 MCU movies, which I vehemently disagree with.

Quote Originally Posted by tyusmax View Post
    That's fair.
    That was just the minimum of the 3 movies. I like ZSJL and Man of Steel higher than this, but BvS, while I liked it a lot, was definitely the weakest of the 3 movies.

I just feel like most people would say they're only better than about 3 MCU movies, which I vehemently disagree with.
    I don't disagree that they were worth watching. I liked all three to a point. I liked the take on Superman on MoS. And outside of the terrible casting of Lex in BvS which almost brought down the movie, the rest of it, especially the interactions of the Three was well done. JL was problematic, but we have learned why. The Snyder Cut was much better. A bit bloated, but a good film.
    I don't know where I would put them compared to the MCU, but they aren't bad.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Romance films are utterly awful.
    Romantic comedies are even worse.
    Out of curiosity have you seem many of the classic romantic comedies or romance films?
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Many of them? No, but you do make a good point in clarifying that the classic films are probably leaps and bounds ahead of the more recent stuff in those categories.

Many of them? No, but you do make a good point in clarifying that the classic films are probably leaps and bounds ahead of the more recent stuff in those categories.
    Oh god, categorically. I don't know what happened to romantic comedies and romance films. Back in the day (pre-80s) romantic comedies and romance films were made by the very best filmmakers. But 90s onwards it's really finding a needle in a haystack. That, I do agree with. Nowhere days (god I sound like a grumpy old man) any romantic comedy that is just good, seems like a work of art, because it rarely happens. I don't know why the genre went from the bread-and-butter of great filmmakers to a forgettable stepping stone to a better genre.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    They should hire playback singers for musicals instead of making actors sing, or casting singers who barely have any acting experience.

It's no different than using stunt doubles.
    There's plenty of actors who can both act and sing, there's no need for that. Maybe the studios should just give more opportunities to lesser-known actors and don't cast huge names for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Back in the day (pre-80s) romantic comedies and romance films were made by the very best filmmakers.
    Really? I'd consider someone like Sidney Lumet to be one of the best filmmakers pre-80s. Who would you say was one of those filmmakers you're talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    There's plenty of actors who can both act and sing, there's no need for that. Maybe the studios should just give more opportunities to lesser-known actors and don't cast huge names for everything.
    And there are plenty of actors who do their own stunts. Does that mean only they should be allowed to do action movies?

Actors' job is to act. Everything else is bonus. They shouldn't be required to be singers.

Really? I'd consider someone like Sidney Lumet to be one of the best filmmakers pre-80s. Who would you say was one of those filmmakers you're talking about?
    Frank Capra, Billy Wilder, Howard Hawks, George Cukor, etc

Great roster!

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    And there are plenty of actors who do their own stunts. Does that mean only they should be allowed to do action movies?

Actors' job is to act. Everything else is bonus. They shouldn't be required to be singers.
    They are not. They can still apply for any role that does not require singing, which is like 95% of them. Let those who have a specific skill get some recognition for it.

Actors lip syncing to someone else singing is just bad. There are so many actors who are good singers that this is not a issue. Just look at Garfield in Tick, Tick Boom, or Jackman in Les Miz.

A serialized show should have no more than 13 episodes and six seasons.