Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Nah, those first four seasons were really good television. After that? YMMV.
    It's been so long and the season 8 travesty so fresh that it's hard to remember lol.
    I think the damage is that it's one large story that hinged on the ending sticking the landing and...well, it certainly didn't. Other shows that start to lose steam towards the end or hit ruts can have jumping off points where you can still look back fondly on them. The Simpsons will always have those first 8-10 seasons no matter how long it goes, the X-Files myth arc may have been unsatisfying but the show's true legacy is the stand alone episodes, Buffy has seasons 1-5 being a more or less complete story that you don't have to continue on from, etc.

Yeah, GoT does not really have a jumping off point. And the ending, while not bad, just didn't take the time it needed to tell it properly. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Yeah, GoT does not really have a jumping off point. And the ending, while not bad, just didn't take the time it needed to tell it properly. Oh well.
    There's always the books!

We'll never see them lol

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Look at what happens almost every time a superhero movie that isn't from Disney gets announced. Venom, Joker, even Wonder Woman to an extent all got push back and you still get people insisting Into the Spider-verse was a fluke as if Sony doesn't have experience making Spider-Man movies. Whether the superhero movie is good or bad, you'll get people bashing it from the offset unless it is the MCU. To say nothing of the lunatics who threatened to storm Sony and make them give the Spider-Man rights to Disney.
    People in general loved WW, Aquaman, Joker and Venom, and they made a ton of money. Three people on the internet saying something shouldn't be construed as "everyone".

Fine, it fails at political thriller then.
    No, it succeeded, since it is generally regarded as the best MCU movie.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Look at what happens almost every time a superhero movie that isn't from Disney gets announced. Venom, Joker, even Wonder Woman to an extent all got push back and you still get people insisting Into the Spider-verse was a fluke as if Sony doesn't have experience making Spider-Man movies. Whether the superhero movie is good or bad, you'll get people bashing it from the offset unless it is the MCU. To say nothing of the lunatics who threatened to storm Sony and make them give the Spider-Man rights to Disney.

Fine, it fails at political thriller then.
    People bash MCU Movies from the offset, too. So that argument does not really work.

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    People bash MCU Movies from the offset, too.
    Not nearly as often as they do other movies. How many times do we get numerous articles, videos, posts etc about how an MCU movie will fail before it is even released?

Not nearly as often as they do other movies. How many times do we get numerous articles, videos, posts etc about how an MCU movie will fail before it is even released?
    Mostly when it's Captain Marvel or Black Widow - what a mystery!

After it comes out not much but almost every mcu movie gets hyped as the one thats finally gonna be a flop before it comes out(GoTG started it but it continues with every non sequel title since.). Captain Marvel and Black Panther were attacked in a organized fashion before they even came out. Shang chi and Eternals will get the same treatment.

Most of these big tentpole superhero movies get backlash when they are announced and in production. WW got some especially because of its ties to the DCEU which hadn't produced a hit, but yeah the MCU movies get some of it too.

Usually once the movies are released and if they are successful enough with the GA, the negativity pre-release just ends up being noise people can tune out. The movie was successful with critics and money wise, so there is no need to take is seriously. It's when the box office numbers and reviews from non-fanboys start to line up with the negativity that there may be some warranted criticism (even if the fanboys take it to ridiculous levels) and the movie may actually be mediocre/bad

Mighty Member

Shuri will be BP in BP2.

Aww well, first the first time ever I will skip a marvel movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Shuri will be BP in BP2.

Why? you know nothing about the movie other than this. How do you know you will not like it?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Why? you know nothing about the movie other than this. How do you know you will not like it?
    I hate to see T'Challa killed off, but I'm willing to give BP2 a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Shuri will be BP in BP2.

Yeah, no on really cares, bro.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Paging Miss Ogeny.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Not an opinion just a confession. I've never seen an entire Stanley Kubrick film. Never even seen a trailer for 2001. Iono why just haven't. I've seen most of the shinning, missed a chunk in the middle.