Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

Default Controversial TV/Film Opinions

Knightfall made a TON better use of Mark Hammel than the last three Star Wars.

The Mandalorian wasn't that good. I'll watch anything non animated that is Star Wars but this show was really kind of meh.

**** Watchmen, and the example it sets for the continual exploitation of creators for corporate profit, and a fandom that’s not only okay with it, but sides with the corporations.

Friends is pretty bad

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    **** Watchmen, and the example it sets for the continual exploitation of creators for corporate profit, and a fandom that’s not only okay with it, but sides with the corporations.
    Your post made me remove my Watchmen Companion (DC) from my Amazon shopping cart

Studios get too much flak when something doesn't go right, and too little credit when something does.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Studios get too much flak when something doesn't go right, and too little credit when something does.
    Writers get ignored however, which is why we continue to get shitty movies

BANNED

Not sure if this is controversial:

-- The Star Wars prequels are masterpieces of cinema and the ST erred big time by doing their OT cosplay cover band concert tour rather than following on the ideas of the PT.

-- It was a terrible thing for Disney to buy Fox. The X-Men were better off under Fox's uneven handling then they ever would be under Disney. LOGAN alone justifies and redeems Fox.

-- Sony should hold on to Spider-Man movie rights. Spider-Man is better off by himself than as part of the MCU. Venom by Ruben Fleischer is a pretty good, entertaining movie and deserves its great success.

-- Superhero movies as entertaining as a lot of them are, are indeed contributing to the death of cinema, and it's okay to enjoy the movies and accept that at the same time.

-- Until Doctor Doom arrives, the MCU will be doing nothing but spinning wheels.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Not sure if this is controversial:

-- The Star Wars prequels are masterpieces of cinema and the ST erred big time by doing their OT cosplay cover band concert tour rather than following on the ideas of the PT.
    That IS controversial. Not so much the point about the Disney ST as the assertion that the PT are 'masterpieces'. So was Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot to some people out there I suppose.

Musicals are without exception all utterly godawful films. I've never managed to sit through any of them in their entirety apart from one time. A former girlfriend once had me sit through the whole Grease film with her. Excruciating. Never again.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post

Musicals are without exception all utterly godawful films. I've never managed to sit through any of them in their entirety apart from one time. A former girlfriend once had me sit through the whole Grease film with her. Excruciating. Never again.
    No, many are great films, among the best in cinema, From Busby Berkley to Astaire and Kelly. From Rodgers and Hammerstein to Sondheim there are many, many great films (Grease wasn't very good though) You can dislike musicals, each to his own. But to call them awful is unjustified.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    No, many are great films, among the best in cinema, From Busby Berkley to Astaire and Kelly. From Rodgers and Hammerstein to Sondheim there are many, many great films (Grease wasn't very good though) You can dislike musicals, each to his own. But to call them awful is unjustified.
    No it isn't. It's the basis for this entire thread. I really don't need to preface anything here with something like 'Well, in my opinion....' when the entire rationale behind this thread is putting controversial opinions across. It's even in the thread title.

I've never come across a musical that I didn't find terrible and corny. Sorry you don't like that.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    That IS controversial. Not so much the point about the Disney ST as the assertion that the PT are 'masterpieces'. So was Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot to some people out there I suppose.

I agree 100% about musicals. The only one I actually enjoyed watching is the South Park movie.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I agree 100% about musicals. The only one I actually enjoyed watching is the South Park movie.
    The only one I ever liked was Jesus Christ Superstar, and that came out over forty years ago.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Mighty Member

DC should of kept on with the DCEU instead of whatever the current nonsense is. I'd sooner get another BvS than another Joker.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I think Universal should have kept on with the Dark Universe. Throwing in the towel after the first movie is no way to kick off a universe. The biggest fault was using the Mummy as the first film. First off with a character that audiences a root for like the Wolfman or Frankenstein and not treat the first movie like Iron Man 2 would have done them some good.